• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Intel Core i7 8700K review leaked

hoserx

Looks like all of the boards on newegg are sold out. Amazon has one board available for preorder but its through a 3rd party seller. I'll make another cup of coffee and start actually working I suppose. haha

Parsnip

Finnish store multitronic briefly listed the i7-8700 (non-K) for 391,90 €. Now, maybe it's not the final price since it's not listed anymore, but man. Doesn't bode well for 8700K pricing over here.

dr_rus

Finnish store multitronic briefly listed the i7-8700 (non-K) for 391,90 €. Now, maybe it's not the final price since it's not listed anymore, but man. Doesn't bode well for 8700K pricing over here.

8700 is $303 without taxes and in big quantities so with them and in retail it will be around $350-370 probably. Add the usual euro conversion rate shenenigans and €390 seems quite possible.

Heartfyre

I was looking to have all the parts I needed for my new build pretty soon.

I was not looking for this to be a struggle, Intel.

Parsnip

What's a 7700k over there for comparison?

7700K is 367,90€ at that same store, so considering our VAT tax of 24% it lines up pretty well with the current newegg pricing ($339.99) for example.

Following that math I would expect the 8700 to be ~330€, and 8700K be closer to that 390-400€ in Finland.

But they pulled it, so maybe it was an actual mistake.

Zojirushi

7700K is 367,90€ at that same store, so considering our VAT tax of 24% it lines up pretty well with the current newegg pricing ($339.99) for example.

Following that math I would expect the 8700 to be ~330€, and 8700K be closer to that 390€.

Ok, 7700k is around 320 in Germany right now so if prices line up that would actually be a little cheaper than expected.

So I have a desktop PC, getting on a bit, 3570K. I play Overwatch and Battlegrounds on it. I'm kinda minimalist though, so I absolute hate having the thing, and wish I could relegate it to NAS duties again (or replace it with a NAS). I do all my 'non-gaming tasks on my laptop, and I primarily game on PS4 (pro) anyway.

But dammit, I really want to spend a fortune on an 8700k, motherboard and DDR4 upgrade, so I can run Battlegrounds better. This fucking game has flipped my shit and is forcing my hand.
I got a 1070 and 8gb of Ram with the same cpu at 4.3ghz and get 60fps+. What is your GPU?

Parsnip

Ok, 7700k is around 320 in Germany right now so if prices line up that would actually be a little cheaper than expected.

Finland always gets fucked in tech pricing, sometimes importing from Germany for example is still cheaper even with higher shipping costs. And certainly availability will bump the prices up even more. There's just no way I'm getting any of these on launch.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Looks like all of the boards on newegg are sold out. Amazon has one board available for preorder but its through a 3rd party seller. I'll make another cup of coffee and start actually working I suppose. haha

Yeah, and Silicon Lottery are saying their inventory will most likely be low on stock until later on this month. Fuck this bullshit. I'm tired of waiting. I have a perfectly working 4790K OC'ed to 4.6 with a AIO Kraken cooler. I'm just gonna toss a 1080TI(up from a 980ti) in this thing and call it a day until next month or something. Hoping to get a 8700K anytime this week along with the mobo is a fruitless endeavor.

cofias

Was expecting these to be hard to come by until November, but it's sounding much worse than that. Unfortunate, I was hoping to build soon.

I guess the advantage is that around new year's we might know more about the Ryzen update to perhaps make a better choice there. I'd go Ryzen right now if it wasn't for the lackluster single-thread performance across the board there... higher clocked Ryzen 2xxx may seal the deal in an instant if I have to wait that long anyway.

hoserx

Yeah, and Silicon Lottery are saying their inventory will most likely be low on stock until later on this month. Fuck this bullshit. I'm tired of waiting. I have a perfectly working 4790K OC'ed to 4.6 with a AIO Kraken cooler. I'm just gonna toss a 1080TI(up from a 980ti) in this thing and call it a day until next month or something. Hoping to get a 8700K anytime this week along with the mobo is a fruitless endeavor.

Lol. Buying shit just because you expected to spend the money. That's enthusiast pc building for you. I love it.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Lol. Buying shit just because you expected to spend the money. That's enthusiast pc building for you. I love it.

No no no you misunderstand.....I was planning on buying a 1080Ti to replace my 980Ti anyway. It's just that I wanted to get both the CPU and the GPU and upgrade them together. But now I think I'll just wait for a BF sale for the 8700K.

Jin

was it ever really available or was it "auto notify" for you, too? I thought being at work at 5am est would give me an advantage but I guess not. hahaha

I manage to get one right before bed around 12:20am pst. Woke up and it's auto notify follow by the whole thing removed from their site a couple hours later. Newegg must've put it up too early. Mines shipped with a tracking number tho...

taoofjord

Which MSI Z370 board should I get for the 8700k?

MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

or

MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

Renekton

Which MSI Z370 board should I get for the 8700k?

MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

or

MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard
Do you need Wi-fi and Bluetooth?

taoofjord

Welp, just grabbed the MSI Z370 Pro Carbon AC since I'm thinking I may not be able to find it in stock tomorrow (not that I'll likely be able to find the 8700-K in stock anyway).

That means I won't be using Micro Center to build my PC since they won't do it with parts purchased from a third party.. so now I'll be building this myself. What have I got myself into? Haha.

taoofjord

Just grabbed the 8700K off newegg. It was already back ordered and estimated to be in stock in 15-20 days. The 8700 is still in stock though, for anyone interested in picking that up instead.

hoserx

FFS of course it's back ordered on the egg.... I won't buy one and wait 15-20 days.... I'd rather just see if one pops up somewhere else.

Parsnip

Following that math I would expect the 8700 to be ~330€, and 8700K be closer to that 390-400€ in Finland.

Just a quick update on this in case anyone cares, the aforementioned store has now listed the cpu's again. i7-8700 at 340€ and i7-8700K at 405€, which is much more in line of what I expected.

Still out of my budget, but at least the earlier listing was a mistake thank god.

dr_rus

Top Bottom