• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Green plays Dark Souls III...STAMINA GREEN

iNvid02

It took me several tries to beat the Uchigatana dude on Firelink

But Jeff handled him like it was nothing

giphy.gif

he makes it look so easy

;_;

Flipyap

Oh my god.. Jeff talking to Friday's chatroom was the best thing ever. I love this man so much <3
Which he then followed by rereading and replying to the chat from the start of tonight's stream. It might have been the most amazing thing I've ever seen on this here internet.
I already had trouble breathing from laughing so much and would definitely die if he did it again, so I guess Jeff's exploding PC saved my life. Thanks, OriginPC!

MrS

Banned
I was watching this last night and was falling asleep on and off because it was late. Did I dream it or did he turn off DS3 and start playing Bloodborne?

Shy

I don't know who made this. But would be cool if you could remove where it says Dark souls 2, and replace it with "Souls Series" Please.
MWWqjRF.png

And then we can put it in the OP.
Thanks Mr Shy! Always on point.
Thnaks. &#128522;
I was watching this last night and was falling asleep on and off because it was late. Did I dream it or did he turn off DS3 and start playing Bloodborne?
You didn't dream it, Jeff kept having PC problems, so he switched to Bloodborne.

There's going to be a make up stream today (Monday)

UrbanRats

I don't blame him, though it is a bummer.
I don't like ps4 stream as much, because the camera quality isn't as good, and the chat is always on screen.

Also, did he put lighting on low? Because the game reverts it back to high when you turn the game back on.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I feel like I'm weirdly lucky that my copy of DS3 hasn't had any issues, is it because I have an AMD card or something? It's insane the amount of problems Jeff has dealt with so far.

And about the always on chat for PS4...maybe somebody could convince Jeff to full screen it? Don't wanna be too pushy about that though if he doesn't care.

Ease all of your worries, all streams will find their way onto Jeff's YouTube. Jeff is spotty at best on responding to this sort of thing but we're working on setting up management access for me on his youtube channel. I'm using an application to save them to my PC until that time. And as I stated before, the full videos are saved indefinitely in the highlights section on Twitch.

I apologize for not being on the ball completely with the Black Mesa streams. I wasn't paying complete attention when Twitch further altered their systems regarding saving past broadcasts. So those streams are not fully saved but only shorter highlights exist for them.

Zafir

I feel like I'm weirdly lucky that my copy of DS3 hasn't had any issues, is it because I have an AMD card or something? It's insane the amount of problems Jeff has dealt with so far.

And about the always on chat for PS4...maybe somebody could convince Jeff to full screen it? Don't wanna be too pushy about that though if he doesn't care.

I dunno, I haven't had any issues on my Nvidia 970.

I'm not really sure what causes issues in the game. My friend also has a 970 and he was getting the saving stutter.

UrbanRats

I am on a 970 also, and only got 1 crash (not bonfire related) and the stutter when autosaving, no other problem with everything, lighting included, maxed out.

That's PC gaming for you, sometimes it's a big mystery.
Hope they patch the shit out of this game, even though today's patch apparently did fuck all.

Yeah, I'm 25 hours in without a crash, GTX 980ti, but I get the autosave stutter. I hated to see him keep getting crashes on top of struggling in the game at that moment. He held it together surprisingly well though the frustration was apparent.

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, no issues with my 970 either. I had a crash once but it wasn't at a bonfire, it was at a moment where new phantoms and invaders were spawning everywhere lol. Hopefully it get's patched quickly.

His streams are going to be a fun ride with some of the bosses.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN

This is priceless. In fact, I'd actually buy a tshirt with this on it, if such a thing existed. Certainly wouldn't be the geekiest thing I've ever worn.

Ease all of your worries, all streams will find their way onto Jeff's YouTube.

Praise John Caboose. I can never catch these streams live and Twitch makes my computer's fan go crazy. Plus I also don't trust Twitch to preserve Jeff's genius.

Ease all of your worries, all streams will find their way onto Jeff's YouTube. Jeff is spotty at best on responding to this sort of thing but we're working on setting up management access for me on his youtube channel. I'm using an application to save them to my PC until that time. And as I stated before, the full videos are saved indefinitely in the highlights section on Twitch.

I apologize for not being on the ball completely with the Black Mesa streams. I wasn't paying complete attention when Twitch further altered their systems regarding saving past broadcasts. So those streams are not fully saved but only shorter highlights exist for them.

You're doing good work man, thanks. I love watching Jeff's videos on YouTube.

An-Det

Jeff Green
@Greenspeak
Shall I try to livestream Dark Souls 3 on PC again? Sure I shall! Let's do this at 6:30 PM PST! At worst, you can watch me yell at my PC!

Mindlog

RealKrafty is damned good, but getting shit on right now in DS3. Seeing other players experience the same thing might make the struggles seem less out of the ordinary :]

Kerned

Banned
As always, I'm loving these streams.

Jeff, I know you sometimes read these threads, and I have to say I don't understand why you seem so attached to having your pyro equipped to your shield hand. You will seldom need pyro and sword equipped at the same time, but as you have demonstrated repeatedly, you frequently need to be able to defend yourself when using pyromancy. As you continue to encounter faster and more agile enemies, you'll continue to run into situations where an enemy can quickly close the gap with you while you're trying to cast a fireball, and you'll be unable to block, and will find yourself back at the bonfire.

Just my two cents! Glad to see you dabbling in magic a bit this time around.

Clockwork5

I feel like playing Bloodborne for like a year has messed up Jeff's DS defensive skills. He is having such a hard time with the spear knight. Like an unreasonably hard time. It's like all the progress he made in DS1 and DS2 is gone.

It's still quite entertaining to watch him struggle against a moderately easy foe.

UrbanRats

I feel like playing Bloodborne for like a year has messed up Jeff's DS defensive skills. He is having such a hard time with the spear knight. Like an unreasonably hard time. It's like all the progress he made in DS1 and DS2 is gone.

It's still quite entertaining to watch him struggle against a moderately easy foe.
I'm halfway through the game, and those spear fuckers are some of the most annoying enemies, even right now, for me.

Jintor

ds3 trash mobs are straight killers from the beginning (though I was a little deprived at the start so that might've had something to do with it)

Bloodborne habits really get in the way of playing this game if you've gotten too used to it. WIth Jeff, I think it was most apparent when he was fighting
Vordt
and tried to avoid longer-range attacks by rolling instead of running away. Compared to Bloodborne, rolling in DS3 doesn't really get you far away quickly.

In any case, I think he's doing another great job with DS3; the stream is very enjoyable.

Sande

The reason Jeff can't beat the shielded spearman is because turtling doesn't work against him. You have to dodge to his flank or stagger him.

Bloodborne habits really get in the way of playing this game if you've gotten too used to it. WIth Jeff, I think it was most apparent when he was fighting
Vordt
and tried to avoid longer-range attacks by rolling instead of running away. Compared to Bloodborne, rolling in DS3 doesn't really get you far away quickly.

In any case, I think he's doing another great job with DS3; the stream is very enjoyable.
Rolling is fine. But Jeff is fat rolling.

GavinGT

Banned
The reason Jeff can't beat the shielded spearman is because turtling doesn't work against him. You have to dodge to his flank or stagger him.

He also needs a new shield, which means exploring the rest of that previous area. He's taking mad damage from those knights when he blocks, even with full stamina.

Jintor

we're, what, four games in and I can still hear jeff mashing right bumper when he's trying to kill things instead of treating each swing like a matter of life and death

stamina green

Jintor

jeff, a good strat is to dodge the first move of any given knight by rolling straight through it right up in their face, then mash attack (not literally) as much as possible until you have one 'piece' of stamina left, then roll backwards out of range.

He also needs a new shield, which means exploring the rest of that previous area. He's taking mad damage from those knights when he blocks, even with full stamina.
He's really close to the point where he can just buy a good shield, assuming he finds a particular NPC.

So yeah, he needs to explore...

I'm happy to live a world where an old senile man can still enjoy hard-as-balls videogames.

Just kidding Jeff - I love your stuff!

Bl@de

Why is he playing on low? To circumvent the bonfire crashing all he has to do is put lighting on low.

And he still has framerate drops with his monster PC (Titan, i7 and 32gb ram...). It's just trash. He should format and reinstall everything himself. This is not a DS3 problem. I think Jeff installed Bonzi Buddy and the Ask toolbar and is afraid to admit it.

Top Bottom