• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (SPOILERS)

It's 3 am, I just finished this game after a long, long break and must say...

That was the most underwhelming ending of all times. After the credits ends too.

The results and consequences of all the side-missions and main-missions that you have been doing for the past 20-30 hours or so, are then shown on the most pathetic, in-game cutscene of a f'in news-spot that shows you the 'consequences'.

The god damn voice acting is jarringly bad, I couldn't take the story seriously. Even with good voice acting it would still be god damn hard for me to give a damn. Thats because the script is overly explicit with the perspective they're going for with the whole 'aug-right'/'anti aug-rights' that it becomes cringeworthy. It's like a recurring "look, look, this is like so deep commentary on rl social issues". give me a break

The last part of the game, with the curfew, is also one of the most tedious in a game for a while. If I hadn't been playing stealthy all the way through, saving each and every bio-thing (that replenishes energy), giving me the ability to basically cloak and crouch my way anywhere then I would most likely have quit.

Let me say one thing, the game has retained something good from the first one (not the classic mind you), stealth gameplay is stellar, as is hacking, which is enjoyable.

Did I mention that the animations are bad?

Oh I forgot: The last boss fight...

God damn.

Really?

I checked the security computer on the first floor to the left, behind the heavy crates, a couple of robots could be activated. Popped a couple of skillpoints in that skilltree that allows you to control robots, (didn't really have any need for it during my playthrough since it was all stealth), 'activate tracking' 'friendly fire on', went over to the roof, another security computer controlling the flying robots, 'activate tracking', 'friendly fire on'.

Finished.

It was just so disappointing, I loved the first one...

Top Bottom