• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Imm0rt4l

You should have found your black partner and looked out for each other.

trapped.gif

I should mention that I majored in Aviation Management, the aviation industry is largely white male, 40 somethings.....I don't want to burn any bridges since aviation is "the largest little industry". Everybody knows everybody.

so I mentioned a while back in this thread that I started watching The Game. Just got to the episode with this:

HM27l.gif

highlight of the whole fucking series
seen that gif a million times and didn't know where it was from

edit: goddamn he's an asshole though

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
That type of situation quickly tests your patience, mental fortitude, and ability to think quickly.

I almost failed that test when I was under zoo like observation, whilst enjoying my daily lunch. They never saw minorities eat and one person started joking like we were cool.

Then I heard, "do you all play basketball?" Almost fucked around and caught a body like that.

"don't do it, pls don't do it
If one of us goes in then we all
Go through it"

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Game used to be my favorite guilty pleasure show.

Then they came back and jumped every shark they could in one episode...

Imm0rt4l

LOL is that Drogo?

first thought that came to my mind as well. Speaking of which, I believe Drogo is dating/married? to Lisa Bonet. The guy would make an awesome Kratos is ever there was a God of War movie, but I remember David Jaffe saying he'd like to see Djimon Honsou. Interesting pick.

Slayven

I should mention that I majored in Aviation Management, the aviation industry is largely white male, 40 somethings.....I don't want to burn any bridges since aviation is "the largest little industry". Everybody knows everybody.
I figured that, everybody knows in crowd of white people or Asians or Samoans black people develop the ability to sense other black people.

It has only failed me once, at a miniature gaming convention. To be fair I was in a civil war gaming tournament playing as Confederates.

I have little annoying racial shit happen to me at work from time to time so I figured I would share. Call it the Corporate Negro series. All stories are not funny but they all are true.

This morning I had some BCAA shake powder (watermelon flavor of course) on my desk at work in a small zip lock bag. CIO of the company walks into my cube, see's it and picks it up. His question:

"What is this pink crack??"

-_-

Yasae

Banned
I have little annoying racial shit happen to me at work from time to time so I figured I would share. Call it the Corporate Negro series. All stories are not funny but they all are true.

This morning I had some BCAA shake powder (watermelon flavor of course) on my desk at work in a small zip lock bag. CIO of the company walks into my cube, see's it and picks it up. His question:

-_-
"NI-"

*calm breath*

-_-

shii

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

-_-

pink crack?.... i can only imagine your expression.

DY_nasty

So I'm working on my sonnets

and i'm having trouble

nothing rhymes with wonder or with woman

any advice? kthnx

31 to go

So I'm working on my sonnets

and i'm having trouble

nothing rhymes with wonder or with woman

any advice? kthnx

31 to go

For the first:
blunder, dundore, funder, grunder, gunder, klunder, lunder, plunder, sunder, thunder, under, wunder

And the second:
Woman, omen. lol nothing rhymes

Maron

Hey guys, first time posting here. 19 years old, family's from Haiti, I haven't listened to too much music lately but I've loved instrumental hip hop I've heard so far for the most part like Nujabes, Glitch Mob, Onra. I've also liked Tycho. Wanna hear more from those guys when I can, especially Nujabes, heard a bit of his posthumous album and liked it.

Live in Boston...I love to draw cartoons and comics and stuff so I never really stopped being a nerd!

-_-

I'm tempted to make a comic strip out of this.

It just took every ounce of energy to activate the glare, I've got this girl in my bed and I'm tryin to hit and she just gave me the "I don't think this is a good idea....blah blah I got a boyfriend blah blah blah"

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It just took every ounce of energy to activate the glare, I've got this girl in my bed and I'm tryin to hit and she just gave me the "I don't think this is a good idea....blah blah I got a boyfriend blah blah blah"

shes got a dude, but shes in your bed.....

Slayven

BlackGuyGlare over the phone? Top-tier

details. please.

I ordered pizza online about 4:30, got an email that said it was going to be 30 to 45 minutes. (Be advised that the papa johns is literally 0.8 miles from my house)I said cool, and got into a bit of Just Cause 2. And you know how time can go fast when you are just fucking around in a game. I started getting hungry and then remembered I ordered a pizza. It was 5:30. I called the store and asked what was going on, and they told me to wait another 30 to 40 minutes. Mentally I was like "Oh hell no", and politely asked for a manager. Dude said he was a manager and hung up in my face.

While I was on the phone the pizza came, if they had not hung up on me I would have took the L and never used them again. But no he tested my gangsta. I could have kept it real by going to the store and primated it out. But I worked customer service for 5 years and I know how to work the system.

I called the corporate number, calmly and stated my case remembering not to get upset with the girl taking my compliant. She said someone would get back to me in 3-5 business days.

Fast forward to about 6 and I get a call from the owner of the store telling me how sorry he was, and how he will talk tot he employees and I get a free pizza next time I order.

Sometimes I wish I could acquire the Black Guy Glare. All I have is the Native-American Stoic Face.

No tears involved.
Native Woman are hot

DY_nasty

my boss is afraid of me lololololololol

i voiced my discontent in the most polite way possible over the past 3-4 months regarding the whole gethitbyatruck situation and how things have been handled. after pulling a fucking MONTH of 3 24 hour shifts a week, he comes and tells me that i'll no longer be getting out of the army - despite the fact that i've already made plans with him, the brigade, VA, and my family.

so i voiced my discontent again and he gives me the whole "gee we sure are sorry but you know how things go! :D :) :| :D"

so i came in to work today with the only thing scarier than the angry black guy look, the omfghe'ssopissedhe'slaughing angry black guy look and dude avoided avoided me like the plague.

I ordered pizza online about 4:30, got an email that said it was going to be 30 to 45 minutes. (Be advised that the papa johns is literally 0.8 miles from my house)I said cool, and got into a bit of Just Cause 2. And you know how time can go fast when you are just fucking around in a game. I started getting hungry and then remembered I ordered a pizza. It was 5:30. I called the store and asked what was going on, and they told me to wait another 30 to 40 minutes. Mentally I was like "Oh hell no", and politely asked for a manager. Dude said he was a manager and hung up in my face.

While I was on the phone the pizza came, if they had not hung up on me I would have took the L and never used them again. But no he tested my gangsta. I could have kept it real by going to the store and primated it out. But I worked customer service for 5 years and I know how to work the system.

I called the corporate number, calmly and stated my case remembering not to get upset with the girl taking my compliant. She said someone would get back to me in 3-5 business days.

Fast forward to about 6 and I get a call from the owner of the store telling me how sorry he was, and how he will talk tot he employees and I get a free pizza next time I order.

Baallllllllllllllllllin'

my boss is afraid of me lololololololol

i voiced my discontent in the most polite way possible over the past 3-4 months regarding the whole gethitbyatruck situation and how things have been handled. after pulling a fucking MONTH of 3 24 hour shifts a week, he comes and tells me that i'll no longer be getting out of the army - despite the fact that i've already made plans with him, the brigade, VA, and my family.

so i voiced my discontent again and he gives me the whole "gee we sure are sorry but you know how things go! :D :) :| :D"

so i came in to work today with the only thing scarier than the angry black guy look, the omfghe'ssopissedhe'slaughing angry black guy look and dude avoided avoided me like the plague.

Are there elevators at work and would you need to take one for any reason? If so follow him into one and double down on stuck in the elevator with you.

Top Bottom