• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salamando

Found out what happened. She took her LSATs two weeks ago. She has a vision impairment that wasn't properly accommodated for one section, so she filed an official grievance. That froze her scores, so now admission will be delayed for her. What followed was an emotional dump on how much it sucks to be disadvantaged to her able-sighted peers, and how she's had to deal with it her whole life....The entire reason she wants to be a lawyer is to fight that injustice.

A dick pic seems like the perfect response :p

Put a mickey mouse hat on it
Well if Gaiages tells me to send a dick pic, it's obviously the proper course of action. Though I will not sully the wholesome image of Mickey Mouse with my penis!
I've already seen just about every inch of skin she has though
Send this.

gPOUgVc.gif
Turns out she can't read memes that well. Eyesight issues. Found this out via a different meme.
Would going on a date cheer her up? ;)
She's not in town for two weeks....

I think I fell for a lewd pic trap...were it not for the boobs, I'd have ended this convo before it started. Once you start getting pics though...you feel obligated to keep talking....

She's currently pitching a Star Wars roleplay where she's Yoda.....this is text, I don't know if it's supposed to be in jest or not.....she's serious about the Star Wars roleplay though. And yet she shits on Harry Potter night at the museum

Salamando

This entire conversation tho.... :'(
You didn't hear the worst of it. When she made the comment about HP and complaining about adults who latch onto things designed for children (or from their childhood), I told her "Fair warning: any relationship with me will result in a trip to Disneyworld". Her response "No."...two minutes later..."Okay, but only if I can make it debauched as hell". If I recount what she said next, I would be banned. From Neogaf. And every Disney property worldwide.

I followed up with a "no." of my own. The topic was changed.

Call me sentimental, but Disney World is one of the few places where I still have memories of my parents. I'd like to keep those memories uncorrupted, if not add to them with important people of my own.
Tell her Disney owns Star Wars. I feel it's extremely important this is pointed out.
I am bailing the fuck out. Girl just asked for my sign. Then said she had a bad Ex of the same sign (who was a girl), but maybe there are gender differences. That implies taking astrology far more seriously than it should be (which is not at all).

Leeness

You didn't hear the worst of it. When she made the comment about HP and complaining about adults who latch onto things designed for children (or from their childhood), I told her "Fair warning: any relationship with me will result in a trip to Disneyworld". Her response "No."...two minutes later..."Okay, but only if I can make it debauched as hell". If I recount what she said next, I would be banned. From Neogaf. And every Disney property worldwide.

I followed up with a "no." of my own. The topic was changed.

Call me sentimental, but Disney World is one of the few places where I still have memories of my parents. I'd like to keep those memories uncorrupted, if not add to them with important people of my own.

Leave Disney alone 😭

Found out what happened. She took her LSATs two weeks ago. She has a vision impairment that wasn't properly accommodated for one section, so she filed an official grievance. That froze her scores, so now admission will be delayed for her. What followed was an emotional dump on how much it sucks to be disadvantaged to her able-sighted peers, and how she's had to deal with it her whole life....The entire reason she wants to be a lawyer is to fight that injustice.

I'm not unsympathetic to her disability but.

I am bailing the fuck out. Girl just asked for my sign. Then said she had a bad Ex of the same sign (who was a girl), but maybe there are gender differences. That implies taking astrology far more seriously than it should be (which is not at all).

Yah, this is the right decision.

Sexy roleplay. The kind filled with horrible puns like "fixing lightsabers to make them bigger" and "force choking"

Seems like Yoda wants to ride Luke.

Definitely.

Salamando

Leave Disney alone 😭
It's okay child. I sent the mean lady packing. I will never aid in the type of behavior she was suggesting. DisneyWorld has a certain childhood-like purity to it, and I'd rather keep it that way
I'm not unsympathetic to her disability but.

Yah, this is the right decision.
I was put off that she was seeking support from a near-stranger. That was another in a series of red flags.
So...I'm going to confess my feelings to my crush, any advice on how to not look like a nervous wreck?
Keep it simple. Express interest in dating her, ask her on a date. Don't verbal-diarrhea the entire history of your crush.

So...I'm going to confess my feelings to my crush, any advice on how to not look like a nervous wreck?

What's the current history of you and this girl? Ages? Any other relevant information to help us give more accurate advice?

Just do it, make sure you clearly specify it's a date and not a hangout. Don't assume it's obvious to her how you feel.

vypek

Regarding the astrology thing, I've known a few people who like to read horoscopes and stuff but I've yet to meet someone who takes it seriously as any kind of indicator of anything. Always see people who view them more like fortune cookie fortunes

Don't confess feelings. Just follow the approach of the posted video. But a lil more stoic than some of those guys too. Be genuine but don't throw out a million compliments to butter her up.

AcridMeat

Banned
You haven't met her right, and she already brought up an ex because you're the same sign. Yikes.

I bailed on someone a few weeks ago because she kept asking for my full name to "look you up on the internet." Hahahahahahha *shoots self*
Regarding the astrology thing, I've known a few people who like to read horoscopes and stuff but I've yet to meet someone who takes it seriously as any kind of indicator of anything. Always see people who view them more like fortune cookie fortunes
I guarantee you one of those people does.

Yeah I'd follow the above advice. Although it sounds cute on paper and in movies, over sharing can hurt more than it helps. Wait to tell her that stuff until you bang it out a few times during the post - coital ecstasy, which I have no doubt you will attain.

dcelw540

Fun story for you guys and girls.

I had some family emergencies a few weeks ago. I didn't go to work for a few days but I came back eventually and all my co-workers started asking me where I've been. This new co-worker over hears one of my conversations with another worker and then just says I'm really sorry for what has happened. I just said thanks and went on with my day.

She messages me that night over Facebook asking how I am and we eventually get more chatty. She then gives me her number and Instagram. We talk for a few days things are going good. Then one day I'm working with her again and one of my co-workers who came back from a year away from school. Asks how me and my girlfriend are, I said we aren't together and just casually chatted.

That night this girl messaged me if she can ask me a question and said yes. She then asks I heard you were engaged is it true? I said no politely and asked who told you that. She said I don't know just heard it around.

Next day I get several people at work asking me if I was engaged now. I asked several people who told you this. They all replied saying this girl.

So now at this point I just cut all contact with her and don't want to talk to her mostly because she always asked me what I heard of this person and that person. Way to much drama and not my type.

She gets all upset with me and send several messages saying why have I been cold lately and talking about her behind her back. I never replied back.

Now this guy I was good friends with at work now comes up to me and asked me my opinion on this girl since he wants to talk to her and I just told him. If you want to go for it.

Within two days they're now all over each other at work and flirting. Everybody else is all happy for them and now I get this vibe everybody thinks I'm a dick.

Moral of the story, don't be a nice guy. Also this is a part-time job at a food chain so it's definitely something I expected. Only a few more months and I'm out of there.

That's a drama Lama alright, good job you caught onto it quickly and bailed. Your co-worker is in for some fun times with her, you can sit back and watch all the trouble you just avoided.

Jhoan

I'm drunk and messaged a bunch of girls drunk on OKC drunk. Gave them my number because fuck it. I don't care. Do not suggest fapping at all FYI.

Moral of the story, don't be a nice guy.
I don't get it. I mean, you didn't know she was a rumormonger when you started talking to her, and you rightly cut her off when you realized what was going on. You just regret being sociable to a manipulative person, is all.

I'm drunk and messaged a bunch of girls drunk on OKC drunk. Gave them my number because fuck it. I don't care. Do not suggest fapping at all FYI.
LOL, I can understand. I'm buzzed AF ATM. But I'm trying my best not worry about relationships, even though I'm very much a virgin. A year ago, I was afraid of driving, and would never drive again. Now, I have a license with a car in my name. So, if I can conqueror/destroy that fear, to the point where driving is BORING now, I can do ANYTHING if I put my mind to it. Same for you, or anyone else.

Fun story for you guys and girls.

I had some family emergencies a few weeks ago. I didn't go to work for a few days but I came back eventually and all my co-workers started asking me where I've been. This new co-worker over hears one of my conversations with another worker and then just says I'm really sorry for what has happened. I just said thanks and went on with my day.

She messages me that night over Facebook asking how I am and we eventually get more chatty. She then gives me her number and Instagram. We talk for a few days things are going good. Then one day I'm working with her again and one of my co-workers who came back from a year away from school. Asks how me and my girlfriend are, I said we aren't together and just casually chatted.

That night this girl messaged me if she can ask me a question and said yes. She then asks I heard you were engaged is it true? I said no politely and asked who told you that. She said I don't know just heard it around.

Next day I get several people at work asking me if I was engaged now. I asked several people who told you this. They all replied saying this girl.

So now at this point I just cut all contact with her and don't want to talk to her mostly because she always asked me what I heard of this person and that person. Way to much drama and not my type.

She gets all upset with me and send several messages saying why have I been cold lately and talking about her behind her back. I never replied back.

Now this guy I was good friends with at work now comes up to me and asked me my opinion on this girl since he wants to talk to her and I just told him. If you want to go for it.

Within two days they're now all over each other at work and flirting. Everybody else is all happy for them and now I get this vibe everybody thinks I'm a dick.

Moral of the story, don't be a nice guy. Also this is a part-time job at a food chain so it's definitely something I expected. Only a few more months and I'm out of there.
Block this girl if you haven't already, she sounds like bad news. Glad you didn't fall into this drama queen's schemes.

Xun

Me and the Romanian girl are likely to become official when she returns from Romania.

The problem is she's away till mid-August, so I guess I'm slightly concerned things will falter.

It's great to meet someone who actually inspires me (she's an artist as well and a brilliant one at that), so I want to see where things go.

In other news I have the 2nd date with the accountant tonight, and I'm seeing the Kiwi again tomorrow (she goes home for good in August).

What's the current history of you and this girl? Ages? Any other relevant information to help us give more accurate advice?

Just do it, make sure you clearly specify it's a date and not a hangout. Don't assume it's obvious to her how you feel.
Ok I'll try to express my situation and what I feel:
We are both 19, we met in college,and we usually hang out with a group of friends from our class. I consider her a good friend,we share some interests, and have inner jokes between each other, we recommend films yo watch and so on...

The thing is, that some of our friends know that I have a crush on her and I'm pretty positive they told her already, so if she was interested in me she would have said anything. What i want to do is confess what I feel to her because I can't stand bottling up my feelings everytime I hang out with her.
I want to make things right between us:
-if she tells me she'd like to be with me that would be fucking aces
-if she rejects me I'll be bummed but as long as I dont loose her as a friend I think I'll be OK

We are both 19, we met in college,and we usually hang out with a group of friends from our class. I consider her a good friend,we share some interests, and have inner jokes between each other, we recommend films yo watch and so on...

The thing is, that some of our friends know that I have a crush on her and I'm pretty positive they told her already, so if she was interested in me she would have said anything. What i want to do is confess what I feel to her because I can't stand bottling up my feelings everytime I hang out with her.
-if she rejects me I'll be bummed but as long as I dont loose her as a friend I think I'll be OK
Ask her out on a date instead, no group date or anything just you two, don't splurge your feelings into her like a barf of emotions. If she says yes, cool, take that chance to see how she behaves, if not, probably best to move along; unless she just cannot at that date and so proposes another time, an actual time, not like "someday".

Make things "right" between you?

Just stick to asking her out on a date. I can already sense you're in too deep but just dial back your emotions and ask for a date.

Ask her out on a date instead, no group date or anything just you two, don't splurge your feelings into her like a barf of emotions. If she says yes, cool, take that chance to see how she behaves, if not, probably best to move along; unless she just cannot at that date and so proposes another time, an actual time, not like "someday".

Make things "right" between you?

Just stick to asking her out on a date. I can already sense you're in too deep but just dial back your emotions and ask for a date.

Yes, correct, women don't want to hear about your deep feelings for them UNLESS you are in a relationship with them. Having feelings is not what will make her choose to date you. Being mature and good company is, that's what the date is for. To get her to consider you in that way.

For what it's worth, just because a girl likes you doesn't mean shel act if she likes you too. For some reason there exists a standard where guys need to aCT first. She may just be waiting for you.

Anyway, I strongly advice against "confessing feelings" or some big romantic gesture. I've tried that. It doesn't work. The reason being is you're putting pressure on her. For one thing, by confessing your feelings to her, there is an implication of commitment that she might not be ready for, even if she does like you too.

My suggestion. Keep it fun. Keep it casual, bit also keep it romantic.

Yes, correct, women don't want to hear about your deep feelings for them UNLESS you are in a relationship with them. Having feelings is not what will make her choose to date you. Being mature and good company is, that's what the date is for. To get her to consider you in that way.

He's still quite young so I understand he might not fully understand some of these things. But yes, in general no one really wants to have a feelings confession dumped on them. It's too much shit to wade through regardless of how that person feels.

gaiages

Banned
I don't get it. I mean, you didn't know she was a rumormonger when you started talking to her, and you rightly cut her off when you realized what was going on. You just regret being sociable to a manipulative person, is all.

I imagine he's just kind of peeved about the situation and venting in this case (unlike most of the cases we've seen that phrase lol). I had a similar reaction when I fell for similar traps in the past >.> Basically "damnit I'm nice to people and they do shit like this", not so much in the dating context of Nice Guys :p

LOL, I can understand. I'm buzzed AF ATM. But I'm trying my best not worry about relationships, even though I'm very much a virgin. A year ago, I was afraid of driving, and would never drive again. Now, I have a license with a car in my name. So, if I can conqueror/destroy that fear, to the point where driving is BORING now, I can do ANYTHING if I put my mind to it. Same for you, or anyone else.

I like your attitude bruh

Peltz

You're totally overthinking this. Just say, do you want to go with me to XYZ place at ABC time.

If you make it a confession, it won't go well. If you ask her out in a nice calm way, it will be way more attractive. When I was your age... a long time ago... I never got a girl by telling her "I have feelings for you" before dating her. And there's a reason for that.

When you "confess" feelings you put an insane amount of pressure on the other person who may not have you on their radar like that - especially if she doesn't even know what it's like to date you. You put yourself on their radar by taking them out on a few dates and having a good time with them. Show them what it would be like to date you without the added pressure of confessing this "secret" that you've been harboring all this time.

Chances are, if you have a massive crush prior to dating and you're only 19, you have very little experience about these types of things. And there is nothing wrong with that. We've all been there. And it's awesome. But there is a good chance that you are simply feeling infatuation (or maybe you're just horny?) at that stage and don't even know if you would enjoy dating her long term.

Your response will probably be "Oh I KNOW I'd enjoy dating her." But after being at this for over a decade, let me tell you, until you've actually spent a lot of romantic and non-romantic time alone with someone, you couldn't possibly know whether they're right for you. Those feelings of infatuation go away rather quickly sometimes. And they could also get you attached to the wrong type of woman who won't treat you the way you deserve.

So, the feelings you have may feel very new, exciting, scary, and sexy, but they're just extremely potent because you're at the age where people all around you are starting to get laid regularly. You have to see through that a bit and realize that you just have the hots for this girl. Don't jump the gun and get all mushy-feely on her before you guys date or it's going to come across as unattractive, needy, and desperate.

Rob, my dude, you want to do their properly. Send a singing telegram along with at least 100 red roses and her body weight in her favourite chocolate!

She'll be yours in this life and the next.

I imagine he's just kind of peeved about the situation and venting in this case (unlike most of the cases we've seen that phrase lol). I had a similar reaction when I fell for similar traps in the past >.> Basically "damnit I'm nice to people and they do shit like this", not so much in the dating context of Nice Guys :p
Hm, fair enough.

Dawg

So what are some good openers on dating apps? I get decent matches but (very) little answers.

And even when I manage to get a girl talking, it seems difficult to actually get a date out of it. I swear some of them want to chat for weeks first. Makes me think I need to adjust my approach.

So what are some good openers on dating apps? I get decent matches but (very) little answers.

And even when I manage to get a girl talking, it seems difficult to actually get a date out of it. I swear some of them want to chat for weeks first. Makes me think I need to adjust my approach.
It depends on their bio. I'll usually comment on something written in their bio or comment on a picture in their profile without resorting to telling them how hot I think they are. Then after a quick few messages I like to cut to the chase and just ask them to meet up.

All the conversations that go on for days always lead nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom