• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cliffy B says his next game will be a PC-only first person arena shooter

DryvBy

I wouldn't buy a indie title by him really. He really loves DRM and always online. He'd probably back his own DRM that would be so unreal to consumers, but appetizing to companies. Like required credit card information just to verify you're 18.

because what we really need is another fps

The last arena shooter I remember being released was Quake Live and that was in 2010 and it was a rerelease of Quake III. Unreal Tournament III was the last "new" arena shooter and that was back in 2007.

So yeah, I'd say an arena shooter is definitely welcome.

Majukun

facepalm.gif

Is there really that many people who've apparently never played an arena shooter?

We reallllly need this genre to make a comeback!
I played it.

but if we really need to get old-style,i would prefer to have back the old fps single player,the one with the exploration and such,more than a quake/unreal tournament fps

sekrit

Banned
He's referencing Cliff's explanation as to why Gears 2 wouldn't be coming to the PC:

Of course, he wasn't fooling anybody. It wasn't piracy that saw Gears PC bomb, but rather the fact it was a year late, had the oft-unreliable GFWL, and lacked any sort of local multiplayer.

Also, the game itself wasn't that good either. I seriously doubt that the rest of the series would have succeeded on PC.

He's referencing Cliff's explanation as to why Gears 2 wouldn't be coming to the PC:

Of course, he wasn't fooling anybody. It wasn't piracy that saw Gears PC bomb, but rather the fact it was a year late, had the oft-unreliable GFWL, and lacked any sort of local multiplayer.

This bears remembering

I won't support his game, arena shooter or not
Guy has no integrity

I played it.

but if we really need to get old-style,i would prefer to have back the old fps single player,the one with the exploration and such,more than a quake/unreal tournament fps

that's cool. I would prefer an strong MP arena based shooter. Heck, I dont even care if the game has SP. This game could be so amazing. I'm just sad I prob won't be able to play it if it doesn't come to consoles

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Also, the game itself wasn't that good either. I seriously doubt that the rest of the series would have succeeded on PC.

I'm sure they would have been profitable had Microsoft approached the matter differently. On a related note, Gears PC may be re-released on Steam sans GFWL due to the latter's impending closure and, assuming this comes to pass, I expect it to fly up the Top Sellers list.

Top Bottom