• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing this become reality will be fun

image.jpg

especially with added Ghost Rider

Neoxon

Seeing this become reality will be fun

especially with added Ghost Rider
Oh yeah, Ghost Rider

Speaking of, who do you guys think is the mystery Capcom character. Assuming that Venom, Ghost Rider, & Dormammu are all in on Day 1, that leaves one open slot in the base roster.

tribal24

Banned
Oh yeah, Ghost Rider

Speaking of, who do you guys think is the mystery Capcom character. Assuming that Venom, Ghost Rider, & Dormammu are all in on Day 1, that leaves one open slot in the base roster.

i honestly think its not going to be frank west like everyone thinks and we might get Phoenix Wright or Asura or Gene

Yeah (from what we all know), Jedah is the last character I'm interested in seeing when it comes to the (hopeful) base roster.

Skilletor

Ya'll realize all the e3 interviews were probably at the same time and anything he would have been chastised for wouldn't reflect in the interview coming out now, right? Lol

Stop trying to create a narrative hahahaha.

If there's only one secret Capcom character nobody knows about its Akuma

I don't want it to be Akuma, but I've learned from 3 to always expect akuma in MvC

I still have some weird feeling Wesker will be in the game

Neoxon

i honestly think its not going to be frank west like everyone thinks and we might get Phoenix Wright or Asura or Gene
Frank's one of the characters in the .zip leak & was mentioned by a few leakers in the other thread. The unaccounted for characters compared to the Ryce leak are Frank, Haggar, Ghost Rider, Venom, & Dormammu. As mentioned before, that still leaves an open slot for a Capcom character.

I really need Venom in this. Can you imagine hitting...

Marvel_vs_Capcom_2_15.jpg

...tagging in your partner and just waiting for your turn to jump in and extend the combo

Though it is a bit weird that DMC only has a single character in the Default roster...
so
If it was a second DMC character, would it make more sense for it to be Vergil, Trish, Lady, or Nero?

Frank's one of the characters in the .zip leak & was mentioned by a few leakers in the other thread. The unaccounted for characters compared to the Ryce leak are Frank, Haggar, Ghost Rider, Venom, & Dormammu. As mentioned before, that still leaves an open slot for a Capcom character.

Is this including Ant Man or excluding him (seeing as how he wasn't listed on that datamine leak)?

Though it is a bit weird that DMC only has a single character in the Default roster...
so
If it was a second DMC character, would it make more sense for it to be Vergil, Trish, Lady, or Nero?

I'd bet my friends left nut Vergil will be DLC. Though to be fair, I would've bet the aforementioned left nut that Black Panther was in the base roster so what do I know? I'd like Lady to get a turn, but I think she is least likely of the group.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm pretty sure Venom will be one of my mains. I've waited too longer for this fucker to return.

66b5fd2bff70dd63cef9c0307a483355.gif

Neoxon

Is this including Ant Man or excluding him (seeing as how he wasn't listed on that datamine leak)?
I'm combining the Ryce leak & the .zip leak together for the count, so yeah, Ant-Man would be included. One leak that mentioned Zero said that all of the Season 1 characters would be in the story (albeit unfinished versions of them). It wouldn't make sense to have Ant-Man as DLC in Season 1 without a file for him being present in the .zip leak. So the base roster would be...

MARVEL
  1. Captain Marvel
  2. Iron Man
  3. Captain America
  4. Hawkeye
  5. Hulk
  6. Ultron
  7. Thor
  8. Rocket Raccoon (& Groot)
  9. Nova
  10. Ant-Man
  11. Spider-Man
  12. Gamora
  13. Thanos
  14. Doctor Strange
  15. Venom
  16. Ghost Rider
  17. Dormammu

CAPCOM
  1. Mega Man X
  2. Morrigan
  3. Ryu
  4. Chun-Li
  5. Spencer
  6. Monster Hunter
  7. Firebrand
  8. Arthur
  9. Jedah
  10. Chris
  11. Dante
  12. Strider Hiryu
  13. Nemesis
  14. Zero
  15. Frank West
  16. Haggar
  17. ???

I'm very surprised SFV didn't get a rep.

I would gladly take any one of Gene/Asura/Captain Commando/Jin/Regina/or a character from another series that doesn't have a rep yet like Power Stone or Rival Schools

But the world is a terrible place so it will be Akuma or something like that

Neonep

It could honestly be anyone.

Most definitely but looking at the roster those are the most likely. Only 2 SF character & 1 from DMC while in the previous title there were 4 from each. Those are 2 of Capcom's biggest franchises. Same could be for Resident Evil though, so maybe Leon (a bit of a reach though).

Most definitely but looking at the roster those are the most likely. Only 2 SF character & 1 from DMC while in the previous title there were 4 from each. Those are 2 of Capcom's biggest franchises. Same could be for Resident Evil though, so maybe Leon (a bit of a reach though).

Riku redeemed? :p

If it was an RE representative I'd say it was either RE5 Jill with more guns, or Wesker.

I suppose one of the Bakers or Ada might make it too, but are far less likely

God damn, second thread already. Guess at least some of the people acting like this game is a train wreck are lying, unless they just like to shit up the place. Really hoping we see Nemesis in action soon.

Sesha

so

Anyone but Vergil. Like Dah always says, Capcom always makes you pay extra for Vergil. DMC3SE, UMvC3, DmC Vergil's Downfall DLC/DmC Definitive Edition, DMC4SE. Without fail.

Neoxon

I'm very surprised SFV didn't get a rep.

I would gladly take any one of Gene/Asura/Captain Commando/Jin/Regina/or a character from another series that doesn't have a rep yet like Power Stone or Rival Schools

But the world is a terrible place so it will be Akuma or something like that
For all we know, the final slot could be for a SFV rep. We just don't know right now.

Sesha

Itsuno has to sign off on DMC inclusions, so ultimately it's up to him. He and the team could definitely demand someone specific like they did for Trish with MvC3.

That said, if it's a DMC character then it probably is Trish.

Neoxon

Itsuno has to sign off on DMC inclusions, so ultimately it's up to him. He and the team could definitely demand someone specific like they did for Trish with MvC3.

That wouldn't surprise me, plus it'd add to the female character count for the base roster.

I could see it being Lady if it were a DMC rep. Dante not using Kalina Ann might be a small hint.
That's actually a good point. Lady would be an interesting newcomer, especially from a moveset perspective.

Jawmuncher

Itsuno has terrible taste if he picks trash over lady

Dahbomb

Itsuno wasn't the one who picked Trish for Marvel 3, it was the DMC team collectively.

And Trish makes a hell of a lot more sense for a VS game than Lady. There are SO many normal gals with guns they can pull from both Capcom and Marvel. God damn even Jawmuncher would give up Lady if it meant getting Regina, Ada Wong or classic Jill in there.

Trish is one of the few true tri-dash flight characters from the Capcom side.

I-hate-u

What about the boy Nero though?

Dude got a sword, a gun and a bionic arm.

CD'S BAR

Will be picking this up day 1 with nba2k18. What a day that will be.

Can't believe we finally get megaman and zero in the same game.

Sesha

What about the boy Nero though?

Dude got a sword, a gun and a bionic arm.

What about him? If the MvC team asks for Nero and Itsuno doesn't give the ok, then they can't do anything about it. And if the DMC team say "put in Lucia as a condition for okaying Dante", then that's what will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom