• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
Thanks for the reply guys. I counted anywhere from about 5-9 people interested but hopefully more will see this and/or the new thread once it's up.

Tentatively, I'm thinking Saturday, February 25th. How does that sound? That's about 2.5 weeks from now.

The plan is still to hold it at The Garage on Capitol Hill. I figured it's a central enough area for everyone, plus there are plenty of places nearby incase we wanted to walk somewhere else. It's a 21+ establishment so if that's going to be an issue, let me know.

If we wanted a place that had games, Gameworks is always an option. Yes, they've gone downhill over the years, but they still have a decent gaming area and a bar.

I know you weren't serious but Freemont is a cool. Can get a little bit douchey on the weekends though. Probably not the ideal place for a GAF meetup.

Congratulations!
Not bad, might be better to just make a new thread. Another way to gain visibility too.

Urban Beer Garden at Fremont Brewing is a great meetup spot.
Very true. Sometimes I forget Freemont consists of more than just 36th St.

Cap Hill is the best place for meetups of any sort.
This was my thinking as well. Pretty central and always a good time.

Not bad, might be better to just make a new thread. Another way to gain visibility too.
Agreed. Going to put up the thread either tomorrow or Thursday so people can voice their opinions if they haven't already.

Dear Seattle-GAF,

I just came back from your town. It is awesome.

All my meals were conducted at Beecher's.
I mean, fuck.

Sincerely,
Brian

dLMN8R

What are your favorite bars in Capitol Hill? My wife and I live right up near Broadway and Roy, and nearl all the bars are (of course) gay bars. It's still fun to hit up The Elite from time to time though :p

cdyhybrid

Tavern Law has great cocktails but is a bit pricey. End up at Grimm's a lot when out with the friends but it's nothing special, IMO.

There is more to Seattle than Capitol Hill SMH.

What are your favorite bars in Capitol Hill? My wife and I live right up near Broadway and Roy, and nearl all the bars are (of course) gay bars. It's still fun to hit up The Elite from time to time though :p

Stumbling Monk and Hopvine Pub.

I don't think I can make it on the 25th, but just wanted to maybe suggest Shorty's in Belltown. Classic pinball and video game bar. Plus creepy clowns and chili dogs.

pax217

If I can ever dig myself out from under this mountain of work and homework I'd love to meet up with everyone sometime. Do we have anything on the books in the near-future?

If I can ever dig myself out from under this mountain of work and homework I'd love to meet up with everyone sometime. Do we have anything on the books in the near-future?
Saturday, February 25th @ The Garage on Capitol Hill.

Thanks for the response guys. I'll have the thread up sometime tomorrow at the latest.

CorvoSol

Do you have to be from actual Seattle to be a part of Seattle-GAF, or can the many people who say they're from Seattle when they actually mean places outside of Tacoma that non-Washingtonians would never know about also join in?

Do you have to be from actual Seattle to be a part of Seattle-GAF, or can the many people who say they're from Seattle when they actually mean places outside of Tacoma that non-Washingtonians would never know about also join in?

This has nothing to do with Seattle-GAF. However, I tend to think that people who don't live in Seattle shouldn't refer to themselves as being from Seattle, but that's just me. Not a big deal.

CorvoSol

This has nothing to do with Seattle-GAF. However, I tend to think that people who don't live in Seattle shouldn't refer to themselves as being from Seattle, but that's just me. Not a big deal.

I've only ever done it because people don't have any idea what else is in the state.

I've only ever done it because people don't have any idea what else is in the state.

Yeah, I get that. Seattle really helps when people think you're from DC.

Just bugs me when people are like "Oh yeah! I'm from Seattle!" and they actually live on the East side.

I know my hatred of that part of the county is irrational.

pax217

Went to the "Diller Room" (1s & University) last night for the first time, definitely laid-back, definitely interesting... but had a good time nevertheless.

hah this is true, my friends all work weird hours so everything needs to be figured lightyears in advance to even get a 50% chance of it happening. That said, I'll probably end up on Broadway like always heh.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Does anyone recognize whereabouts in the city this is?

tumblr_m0dpqt0VJS1rr128po1_500.jpg

Also, why doesn't the guy have a head.

cdyhybrid

Anyone know of any places to run near the U-District area? Looking to do some sprints/HIIT type stuff, so somewhere with good footing even when it's raining would be ideal. I'd normally go to the IMA but they're closed early for spring break this week.

pax217

Anyone know of any places to run near the U-District area? Looking to do some sprints/HIIT type stuff, so somewhere with good footing even when it's raining would be ideal. I'd normally go to the IMA but they're closed early for spring break this week.

If you don't mind ugly scenery I've used the bottom level of the Padelford garage many times for running when the IMA is unavailable.

someday

Banned

There's always the Burke-Gilman trail. It goes on for a while through UW and beyond. Not sure how much this helps but it's really popular for running, biking, walking, and sometimes rollerblading. When I worked at UWMC, I spent my lunch breaks running there since we were right off of it.

pax217

There's always the Burke-Gilman trail. It goes on for a while through UW and beyond. Not sure how much this helps but it's really popular for running, biking, walking, and sometimes rollerblading. When I worked at UWMC, I spent my lunch breaks running there since we were right off of it.

Can get nasty when it's wet, though?

cdyhybrid

Yeah, I considered that, but it doesn't seem like the best place to do sprints, with the bikers and walkers and all that. Also rain would make it kinda dangerous I think.

I run all over the U-District seeing how I live over in Greenlake. My favorite route is typically down Ravenna, on the Burke Gilman by U-Village, across the Montlake Bridge and then over to the University Bridge, back up Roosevelt and then down 65th back home to 68th and Weedin.

Top Bottom