• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS: GBA Ambassador games are revealed and up in all regions

i'd probably trade one of them things on the list for mario & luigi.

Good list.

Too bad the whole 'half ass' nature still exist (no quicksave, or 'sleep' mode).

jokkir

*Minish Cap

Ll8Jz.gif

Even though I beat the game a few times already :)

DarkKyo

Wow, so good! I'm pumped to play Metroid Fusion again. Also I've never played Wario Land 4 so that really excites me! Is it as great as you all are making it sound?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Minish Cap~

Hopefully the lack of A Link to the Past port means we might get a 3D Classics of it in the future.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Awesome. I never even played Wario 4 and Fire Emblem and regret not trying them out before. Kirby too, to a lesser extent. The rest I've played but they're all great. What a classy list of freebies!

...until we find out the Western world gets a new, much shittier list. Blargh.

jarosh

meh. i own all of those and can play them on a superior gba sp+ or micro in their native res, without ugly upscaling.

jokkir

Kinda sad no Zero Mission though.

Also, I don't really care for Super Circuit since I have 7 already. SC is probably my most disliked Mario Kart actually :\

jwhit28

Kinda sad no Zero Mission though.

Also, I don't really care for Super Circuit since I have 7 already. SC is probably my most disliked Mario Kart actually :\

Wasn't Metroid in the NES selection? Why would you want an admittedly great remake instead of a whole new entry?

Codeblue

Sacred Stones was the best FE on the GBA provided you ignore the crutches. For starters it had Ephraim, and to follow that up it lacked Eliwood.

Solid list, lots I haven't played. I hope they keep Fire Emblem for the US, otherwise I'll be super pessimistic about future localizations for new games.

Luigiv

meh. i own all of those and can play them on a superior gba sp+ or micro in their native res, without ugly upscaling.

Um, you can play the Ambassador games in their native res, without up scaling too. Given that you mentioned your micro, the size of the display area should be fine for you.

stupei

Such an amazing list. Possibly already been mentioned, but it's not even really possible to play Fire Emblem from the cart anymore. At least, none of the copies I bought used worked.

Because of the save system in the Fire Emblem games, every copy I've ever found in the wild has used up the thousands of saves the flash memory used in the carts could take before the saves simply start to delete themselves. Played about seven hours before my save disappeared. Traded that one for a different used copy at Gamestop, same thing happened in shorter time. Tried again, and the same thing. Happened to a friend of mine too.

Hylian7

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity - Rented once back in the day, wanted to play it again
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island - Loved this one, glad it's there since it's not on the Wii VC.
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap - Been itching to play this again.]
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - Wish it was FE7, but not too much of a loss since it has more replay value than FE7 did.
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror - Been wanting to play this again too.
Mario Kart: Super Circuit - Pretty much combining Super Mario Kart and a new game, been wanting to play it again as well, awesome!
Mario vs. Donkey Kong - Played it back in the day, it was alright. Will probably play again.
Metroid Fusion - Been wanting to play this again too.
Wario Land 4 - Only game in this list I never played.
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames - Been wanting to play this again too.

Berordn

This is an amazing list. The only things on it that I haven't played are F-Zero and Fire Emblem, but even everything else on it is worth replaying too. Gonna keep me busy for a while.

Didn't the NES games release worldwide before the announcements said they would? The 16th might be right for everyone if this is our list.

Wait a minute, they better fix some of those bugs in TMC that don't let you fuse all the kinstones. Did it ever get a reprinting?

All the kinstone bugs were fixed in the NA release, as far as I'm aware. Hopefully they patched it into the PAL localizations.

BooJoh

As a huge F-Zero fan, I'm disappointed they decided to go with the worst game in the series. GP Legend/Falcon Legend may have been rather easy, but it controlled far better, and F-Zero Climax was spectacular, but it wasn't released outside Japan so I guess we wouldn't have gotten that one even if Japan did.

Top Bottom