• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are going to send it out for slaughter... wtf are they doing?!

I'm saying this because I fully expect Star Wars to announce a Star Wars movie on that date. Unless they do and can, stick with the May date for Han Solo. In which case... continue forth AM.

EDIT 2: Avengers and Han Solo in the same month? That's a little strange...

Beginning and end of the month though.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that's super depressing... and it's not until December. This is like the wait from Man of Steel to BvS.

Man, them not figuring out their shit sooner really fucked them, eh? Could've just been moving ahead with Flash and Aquaman for 2018. Then pump out 4 movies a year with their new slate...

2019 "Year of the Bat": The Batman, Gotham City Sirens, Nightwing, and Suicide Squad 2
2020 "Rebirth": Man of Steel 2, Shazam, Green Lantern, and Cyborg/Titans
2021: Wonder Woman 2, Justice League 2, Flash 2?, Aquaman 2?

I agree with Penguin. If any of those are going to be rushed, it'll be Sirens because a script already exists. The question becomes at what point can Ayer join the production? I think Bright releases at the end of the year for Netflix. He might be obligated to that film until late in the year.

a916

@Justin Kroll

DO. NOT. RUSH. A. MOVIE.

You'll do more brand damage and you get Suicide Squad again.

A screw Sirens... the weakest of all the movies on that list. JL Dark please. Flash IFFFF they are ready, which I don't think they are otherwise they'd have a date for a number of these properties.

Yeah, that's super depressing... and it's not until December. This is like the wait from Man of Steel to BvS.

Man, them not figuring out their shit sooner really fucked them, eh? Could've just been moving ahead with Flash and Aquaman for 2018. Then pump out 4 movies a year with their new slate...

2019 "Year of the Bat": The Batman, Gotham City Sirens, Nightwing, and Suicide Squad 2

Technically they did have some plan in place... it just all went to shit real quick for reasons.

Ross61

Dark Universe would be out of nowhere but the script has been in development for atleast almost half a year. If Doug Liman ready to go I say go for it.

Also I'd mostly want The Flash. I mean by the time they get to shooting the script would've been done right?

Gotham City Sirens is realistic. Bright is in post-production or mostly done, freeing up Ayer a bit. Script was commissioned four months ago. And I don't believe Margot Robbie has a big role lined up this year after that Tonya Harding movie.

Dark Universe/JLD has a script, but I believe Liman has other directing commitments in the meantime. We will see.

Penguin

DO. NOT. RUSH. A. MOVIE.

You'll do more brand damage and you get Suicide Squad again.

A screw Sirens... the weakest of all the movies on that list. JL Dark please. Flash IFFFF they are ready, which I don't think they are otherwise they'd have a date for a number of these properties.

Technically they did have some plan in place... it just all went to shit real quick for reasons.

Not "rushing" it exactly.

Most of those movies sans Lantern are/have been in various states of production for some time.

Sirens has a lead and a director
Squad has a cast... and guess writer
Dark Universe has a director and a script.
The Flash has a cast and like a billion scripts.

Nothing should happen this year. The ONLY chance you have at getting another film out next year is picking one that isn't effects heavy. They have no preproduction done on any of them, they don't have sets built, they don't have locations scouted, etc -- as far as we know most of these films barely have a director attached and some probably only have a first draft for a script. You'd be lucky to start filming by July at this rate.

Just hold off Warner Bros. You don't want another Suicide Squad on your hands.

LionPride

Banned
Not "rushing" it exactly.

Most of those movies sans Lantern are/have been in various states of production for some time.

Sirens has a lead and a director
Squad has a cast... and guess writer
Dark Universe has a director and a script.
The Flash has a cast and like a billion scripts.

None of those are coming out

They don't need to rush out a movie and just damage any goodwill they may gain with Wonder Woman

Ross61

Let's get that Flash back on track. It was supposed to be in production in January before Famuyiwa left.

SS sucked because Ayer forgot forgot how to write a good script. 6 weeks don't excuse that mess.

Penguin

You folks.. we are in March of 2017

They can do an entire movie by like Aug/Oct of next year and will be around the same amount of time most movies get.

And again something like Sirens/Squad 2 doesn't need to be effects heavy

They can do an entire movie by like Aug/Oct of next year and will be around the same amount of time most movies get.

They might make August-October of next year if they started in a few weeks.

Ayer is doing post on Bright. Bright doesn't release until December. I doubt he's obligated to it until November or something like that, but it prevents him from just doing Sirens on a whim.

Squad literally just got a writer and there's no director. Not to mention all of the other nonsense that goes into pre-production.

It should be noted the first Suicide Squad rolled cameras in April 2015 for an August 2016 release date. Most of these films live in post for a good 10 months anymore.

I think Sirens would be the safest bet.

Just a small fun romp with the girls.

Mean girls meet Thelma and Louise with a superhero flavor, make it a heist movie in Gotham.

Have some mob level dc villain, have the cops go after them, and on the vigilante side you can introduce the token pretty boy with whom the girls can flirt with: Nightwing.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

Pretty much this. It will be Sirens of Squad 2 out of all of them. I kinda hope for Sirens to be honest. DC knocking out those female lead tent poles like no (man of) tomorrow.

IconGrist

Honestly, move should have been make a plan, stick to plan. They had a plan, they sure as shit didn't stick to it

They had one but then shit the hit the fan with restructures and directors falling out and scripts being trashed. It sucks but that could have happened to any studio. BvS and SS being hit so hard critically really doesn't help the perception though.

Ashhong

Yeah agreed. You would think they learned their lesson from SS but nah... gotta rush out some other garbage.

To be fair..that tweet literally says that they are perfectly content with just AM if the other scripts aren't ready. So..seems like they did learn their lesson? People in this thread are rushing more than them lol

LionPride

Banned
To be fair..that tweet literally says that they are perfectly content with just AM if the other scripts aren't ready. So..seems like they did learn their lesson? People in this thread are rushing more than them lol

Yeah, if they just come out with Aquaman next year and it's good, they are in significantly better shape than they're in rn.

jey_16

Banned
Flash and Aquaman following up Justice League would have been perfect

Do we know the real reason why Rick left? Very disappointing

Shhh, we've finally got news they can be upset over, which means this thread finally has activity. Stop with the reasonable/level headed talk.

Yeah agreed. You would think they learned their lesson from SS but nah... gotta rush out some other garbage.

Did you or Lion actually read ALL the tweets? Kroll literally said they were fine not doing anything if there's no script.

Ninjimbo

Aquaman in December is okay with me. Star Wars is boring now. I don't care for any of it. Something big budget and good in December is welcome.

Also, where the fuck is the sequel to Fantastic Beasts? Like, I need that right now. I'd sacrifice a DC film for it tbh.

J_Viper

Too bad Joe Carnahan is locked into X-Force. I think he'd be a solid pick for SS2 if Mellow Mel doesn't want it

The A-Team movie was fun god damn it

They should give Andy Serkis his pick of a DCEU film. No way they're going through with that Jungle Book movie after the success of the Disney one.

Ross61

They should give Andy Serkis his pick of a DCEU film. No way they're going through with that Jungle Book movie after the success of the Disney one.

You know how much money they plunged into to that? The stars? Even to the point of bringing Alfonso Cauron on to try and fix it? Its coming out. And if Serkis needed help like that I want him to stay far away from the DCEU.

You know how much money they plunged into to that? The stars? Even to the point of bringing Alfonso Cauron on to try and fix it? Its coming out. And if Serkis needed help like that I want him to stay far away from the DCEU.

Is that what happened? I figured it just got beaten to the punch by Disney's version and they're just trying to wait it out.

J_Viper

Guys, we're getting a Venom movie before a solo Batfleck movie

Where did it all go so wrong

I really hope it does come out, because that recent Disney one was hot garbage.

blu3valentine

Neo Member

Where is my BLACK ADAM movie? I am sure I have heard that Shazam will come out after BLACK ADAM.

Busty

Banned
Henry Cavill talks about need to be "bigger than" the Green Lantern.

There's talk that Cavill will join the new Mission:Impossible film.

Tom Cruise was supposedly on the studio's wanted list for Lanterns.

Ergo Cruise is playing (one of the?) Green Lantern.

Adjusts tin foil hat.

Too bad Joe Carnahan is locked into X-Force. I think he'd be a solid pick for SS2 if Mellow Mel doesn't want it.

He's only writing the X-Force film at this moment in time. It's not impossible he does a DC film at some point.

Sesha

This might have been discussed already. If so, sorry if I'm bringing it up again, but what should the story of Matt Reeves' The Batman be? Strict or loose adaption of Under the Red Hood, Court of the Owls, Black Mirror, Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth, Joker, The Long Halloween, or Hush? That Arkham Asylum meets The Raid idea? Something completely different?

Yager

Banned
Henry Cavill talks about need to be "bigger than" the Green Lantern.

There's talk that Cavill will join the new Mission:Impossible film.

Tom Cruise was supposedly on the studio's wanted list for Lanterns.

Ergo Cruise is playing (one of the?) Green Lantern.

Adjusts tin foil hat.

giphy.gif

Amazing news, and as a villain, no less! My favorite popcorn franchise.

It's amazing how I feel I've been watching these M:I movies for the majority of my life and yet only now they're doing the 6th installment. Cruise should just do these (and Edge of tomorrow 2) movies until the end of times.

Pachimari

I haven't seen any of the Mission Impossible movies but I'm excited to get started. Might as well watch the first one tonight. Also glad to see Henry Cavill in MI6.

Penguin

I haven't seen any of the Mission Impossible movies but I'm excited to get started. Might as well watch the first one tonight. Also glad to see Henry Cavill in MI6.

Oh they are great fun

3 is my personal favorite but 3-5 are aces. one is fantastic, but a bit dated

We don't talk about 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom