• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

oh not another good epic...

since when they decided to make all these epics so good????

I won't be able to afford half of the decks at this rate

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What is the issue with Weasel and Entomb?

The card becomes friendly before it gets shuffled into your deck. So Entomb will shuffle a friendly Djinni of Zephrs into your deck and an opponent's weasel can trigger your mage secrets like duplicate or effigy.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
New Malone blog post with a bunch of new cards.
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20659255/e-malones-expedition-journal-week-four-3-28-2017

I dig the warlock beast!
NV1JJcX.png
Blizzard really likes these 4 mana 7/7s*.

* YMMV

Peléo

NV1JJcX.png

All new cards seem quite powerful but I'm especially excited to play with this one. They are exploring the 'sacrifice a minion for reward' theme, which I really enjoy. This card would be insane with Haunted Creeper or Nerubian Egg. Don't know much about Zoo in Wild meta to predict whether it would fit in the deck. Unfortunately Imp Gang Boss is rotating out, so it gets slightly weaker in Standard as well.

ZealousD

Blazecaller - Situationally as powerful as Dr. Boom or Abyssal Enforcer. Probably dead in hand if you don't have an elemental on your previous turn. I think this is more "fair" than people think, but it's hard to judge elementals without looking at the whole deck.

Servant of Kalimos - This card would never see play if Azure Drake was still in Standard. Cause that's basically what this is, a situational Azure Drake. Card seems decent but I don't know if we've seen any Turn 6 Elemental synergy yet?

Ravenous Pterrordax - Pretty nuts if you can sacrifice a tiny token like a 1/1 Imp or Possessed Villager. I don't think you'd want to sacrifice anything larger than 2/2, though. I think whether or not this is good depends on whether or not Warlock starts playing token generating stuff again, like Forbidden Tentacles.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Blazecaller - I think the Elemental Trigger is going to be harder to meet than lots of people think. Which makes this late game guy kinda tough to trigger. You don't want to play a 7 mana 6/6 by itself as there are better stat sticks, so the effect is the reason for the card. The elemental tag is nice to help enable your earlier elementals, but as we haven't seen the whole set it is really hard to judge. If elementals are good this is a pretty good removal/tempo swing card.

Servant of Kalimos - 5 mana 4/5 isn't good stats. 5 mana 4/5 discover an elemental is probably pretty good in a midrange style deck. Again hard to know, if you are forced to run lots of low cost elementals to meet the condition, then this card kinda sucks since you'll be discovering bad cards for your late game. Really tough to judge again.

Ravenous Pterrordax - 4 mana 7/7 lul. Ok for real though, if you run stuff like Forbidden Tentacles, Imp Gang Boss (in Wild), and even possessed villager this thing gets some great stats for the cost of a 1/1. I think it will be great of those cards come back into vogue and pretty bad otherwise. You don't want to sacrifice something like Flame Imp, but you'd consider stuff like Abusive Sergeant. Hard to judge for sure.

Galvadon - as we saw before, 5 mana 5/5 beast that Adapts 5 times. Tough to rate the card without knowing how to get it, but no matter what after 5 adaptations you're gonna have something monstrous. Windfury, 8 attack, 8 health, can't be targeted with spells, Divine Shield might be the best, but even with only some of those it's good. But like all the reward cards, it's supposed to be OP AF for it's mana cost. So we wait to find out the paladin quest still.

Morlas

Is it me or does Galvadon have the potential to be really really good...like windfury unable to be targeted by spells etc ect sounds really powerful.

gutshot

It was confirmed that you can choose the same adaptation more than once, so +9 attack, Windfury and Stealth would seem to be the dream scenario for Galvadon. 28 damage next turn unless they can taunt up.

ZealousD

It was confirmed that you can choose the same adaptation more than once, so +9 attack, Windfury and Stealth would seem to be the dream scenario for Galvadon. 28 damage next turn unless they can taunt up.

Maybe not against priest. Dies to Dragonfire Potion.

I love Finja. Might be my favorite card to play.

The problem is that I never ever ever ever draw him when I make a deck that uses the card. I know it's luck but it ends up just making me frustrated.

Pooya

you just need it to stick a turn guaranteed. Highest attack on it isn't too important, potentially you can play buffs in your deck.

Morlas

And since this is a quest minion you actually can build your entire deck around it and it will be a reliable power move, which i think is the biggest advantage of quest cards.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Damn, thought they'd go the way of C'thun. Oh well.

Edit: Yeah I guess that'd be too much free dust for Blizzard's liking.

Theyre giving away packs, gold, dust and a golden card via daily rewards and Brawls.

manhack

just got the first daily login reward (50 gold) for year of the mammoth on my Asia account.

Looks like they should start applying at midnight for each region then like the seasons turn over.

joelseph

I love Finja. Might be my favorite card to play.

The problem is that I never ever ever ever draw him when I make a deck that uses the card. I know it's luck but it ends up just making me frustrated.

I'm grinding Water Rogue this season and have thought multiple times about cutting the fish and just going stealth. Never draw him neither!

quests are really nothing more than a 2nd class legendary (with an insane pre-req for an insane power level. ) I don't see why they should be treated any differently than a class legendary.

to make them more accessible to all players especially new ones, like they did in the day with chutun

edit: paladin quest very doable

Fewr

So, please explain one thing I don't get about these quest cards.

They show what you have to do, and you get this other thing after filling the requirements. What I don't understand is whether the reward is a card that I can use later by itself or if it's just a minion that gets called after the quest is complete.

I think it's the latter (a reward within a particular match for having a deck that helps with the requirements), but I'm not sure.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

They show what you have to do, and you get this other thing after filling the requirements. What I don't understand is whether the reward is a card that I can use later by itself or if it's just a minion that gets called after the quest is complete.

I think it's the latter (a reward within a particular match for having a deck that helps with the requirements), but I'm not sure.

You have to play the minion from hand to get the effect.

Fewr

But I lose the minion after the match, Correct?

I mean, I don't get the minion in a card by itself to use later (and forget about the quest card).

a card you use when you want

Peléo

I'm a bit confused about the wording. Would cards like Equality work or does the Quest only take into account Target spells? Considering only target spells and excluding the ones you wouldn't want to cast on your own minions (Humility, Hammer of Wrath, Holy Wrath) we have:

(0): Forbidden Healing
(1): Hand of Protection, Divine Strength, Blessing of Might, Blessing of Wisdom
(2): Holy Light, A light in Darkness (?)
(4): Silvermoon Portal, Blessing of Might,
(5): Blessed Champion,
(8): Lay on Hands, Dinosize

If we include the other spells that might also work:

(1): Smugger's run
(2): Equality
(6): Enter the Coliseum

Raxus

Peléo;232930438 said:
I'm a bit confused about the wording. Would cards like Equality work or does the Quest only take into account Target spells? Considering only target spells and excluding the ones you wouldn't want to cast on your own minions (Humility, Hammer of Wrath, Holy Wrath) we have:

(8): Lay on Hands

(8) Dinosize
It means targeted spells but yes the healing and other cards mentioned should work if there is a minion on the field. Hand buffs and mass debuffs/buffs will not work.

wiibomb

Peléo;232930438 said:

(8): Lay on Hands

(8) Dinosize

it includes all spells you target a minion, for example, lay on hands would work if you cast it on a minion you have.

all the first you mentioned work, all the seconds you mentioned don't except for dinosize

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom