• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz |OT| - Miami, Hot Takes, Night Clubs, & Refugees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Omfg

Y'all need to check Stu's Twitter.

Also he was trying to steal Dan's sportcenter segment this morning.

Vanillalite

Gano's gotta make that kick - Stugotz

screenshot_2016-09-099jkd4.png

Squalor

Swinney is pathetic.

Yesterday's episode was great. Dan went off on his dumb-fuck listeners who complain about his show every day. Seemed as though he really wanted to call them racist, but that's too far even for the long leash he seems to have at ESPN.

Lkr

Swinney is pathetic.

Yesterday's episode was great. Dan went off on his dumb-fuck listeners who complain about his show every day. Seemed as though he really wanted to call them racist, but that's too far even for the long leash he seems to have at ESPN.
Why does his leash seem to be so long? Is papi that important for ratings?

I love the return from break transition, it sounds like papi is saying with "the" stugotz and I laugh every time

Squalor

Why does his leash seem to be so long? Is papi that important for ratings?

I love the return from break transition, it sounds like papi is saying with "the" stugotz and I laugh every time
Long leash because he's great.

Long leash because ESPN gets to tout racial diversity with two Cubans, haha.

Long leash because he's a breath of fresh air from your standard white-guy radio affairs.

BigRedOne

Long leash because he's great.

Long leash because ESPN gets to tout racial diversity with two Cubans, haha.

Long leash because he's a breath of fresh air from your standard white-guy radio affairs.

Also Bomani is straight up killing it on his own show too.

Lkr

Also Bomani is straight up killing it on his own show too.
Bomani is the shit. I always lose my shit when they do a Bomani cam segment on HQ.

Idk if I'm really surprised by the shit Dabo said, he's always blabbing on about god. I know it's the south but I'm surprised he's able to field that competitive of a team with so much gospel. I guess it is easy for him to win parents over during recruiting?

PopeReal

What a great show this morning. Calling out that Clemson coach for being an idiot.

He believes in tolerance but "get out of the country". Like what lol.

Plus all the classic MLK references we see here on Gaf.

DonShula

So it appears that you can now only stream the show in podcast form from the ESPN app. The 3rd hour of the Thursday 9/15 show was just a looping message stating that you can't listen to the show anywhere else now - I used to get the shows through Downcast. Very disappointing considering the ESPN app sucks for podcasts and forgets where you left off all the time. It also doesn't allow skipping via Bluetooth control - not sure if that's just my equipment or across the board.

If anyone else comes up with a way to listen on mobile outside the ESPN app, please post.

So it appears that you can now only stream the show in podcast form from the ESPN app. The 3rd hour of the Thursday 9/15 show was just a looping message stating that you can't listen to the show anywhere else now - I used to get the shows through Downcast. Very disappointing considering the ESPN app sucks for podcasts and forgets where you left off all the time. It also doesn't allow skipping via Bluetooth control - not sure if that's just my equipment or across the board.

If anyone else comes up with a way to listen on mobile outside the ESPN app, please post.

I can still listen to all 4 hours, including the local hour, on my iPhone podcast app.

bchamba

Did you skip through to see if the looping message was the entire podcast? This happened on the ESPNRadio app and it usually ended up being only the first 10 or 11 minutes of the podcast was that message so you just had to skip ahead to hear the real show.

DonShula

Did you skip through to see if the looping message was the entire podcast? This happened on the ESPNRadio app and it usually ended up being only the first 10 or 11 minutes of the podcast was that message so you just had to skip ahead to hear the real show.

Strangely enough the ESPN app did play the looping message for me also. I force closed it and got it to work properly after that. Very strange.

I had it working in the Apple Podcasts app for about ten minutes until the looping message kicked in there as well.

I only ever listen in the car so when it stops working and I don't have the hands to fix it, the guy yelling "AND IT'S GONE!" gets annoying very quickly.

Vyer

It's dumb, but so far the looping message takes up about 13 minutes and then the show kicks in. Annoying as hell.

Not sure exactly what's supposed to be happening, but like others mentioned my regular app still works.

Vanillalite

Can I say I'm actually with Dan on the race stuff, and I don't care if it offends other white people to the point where they leave the show.

BUT

That being said it's become the Dwayne Wade saga all over again where all the points being made he's already made for the past 2 weeks. So I agree with him, but it does get boring hearing the same take over and over.

Squalor

Can I say I'm actually with Dan on the race stuff, and I don't care if it offends other white people to the point where they leave the show.

BUT

That being said it's become the Dwayne Wade saga all over again where all the points being made he's already made for the past 2 weeks. So I agree with him, but it does get boring hearing the same take over and over.
He wouldn't have to keep making the same points over and over again if white people weren't beating the same racist drum over and over again.

Vanillalite

He wouldn't have to keep making the same points over and over again if white people weren't beating the same racist drum over and over again.

Oh I get it. Doesn't mean it makes the show more listenable though. I get why it's needed to be done though, and my comfort and listenability doesn't need to come before getting the message out.

I also wondered how many people writing in actually are show listeners or if it got out in the alt right community that he was on the topic and they came out to try and crucify him.

Squalor

The Allison helmet got picked and now she has a chance to go to the grid of death if the Bengals lose!
I didn't care about that game before, but I'm really hoping the Bengals lose now.

Stupid texter texts about white people not being represented in race conversations. Goddamn, Dan's listeners are the worst.

bchamba

I didn't care about that game before, but I'm really hoping the Bengals lose now.

Stupid texter texts about white people not being represented in race conversations. Goddamn, Dan's listeners are the worst.

Sports radio listeners in general are the worst. I think if you're somebody that likes Dan's show you're the exception and in the extreme minority.

Vanillalite

I'm not even sure if these people are actual listeners vs concerned white people trolling though.

Squalor

Kurt Angle is on now and is talking about his addictions to pain killers.

At his worst, he said he was taking 65 Vicodin a day.

What. The actual. Fuck? How is that possible? Goddamn.

Griegite

still a junior
Opening the club with the Wreck of Edmund Fitzgerald makes it feel like a wake. As has already been said, what a toe tapper!

Lkr

Opening the club with the Wreck of Edmund Fitzgerald makes it feel like a wake. As has already been said, what a toe tapper!
Gotta go to a bar that takes requests and get that shit going.
I had never heard the song before the other day and I've listened to it 5 times or so and it made me laugh. This show makes me a worse person

Squalor

Today's episode was phenomenal.

The show has made me appreciate Jim Harbaugh. His Toe Tapper segment is great.

The Bradshaw story was unbelievable and hilarious. Got the Trick Daddy story again.

Dan told stupid listeners to go to hell.

What a fantastic day.

Vanillalite

Absolutely ridiculous that he's gotten to 0-18.

0-19 now after he said he loved the Saints during the 0-18 talk. Lol

Also that segment in the local hour where Dan just abolishes Stugotz from the studio to go learn how to make and get Tea and Coffee was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom