• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Hi-Metal R VF-1S Valkyrie Macross 35th Anniversary
Messer Color Version
Price: 8,640JPY
Release Date: September, 2017
v2rOgrN.jpg

5E3o1Nn.jpg

0oetBwM.jpg

tZp8hxz.jpg

R1MxXd3.jpg

Bj255z0.jpg

selmDkP.jpg

gJinfXz.jpg

LiK

I guess this is the best place to ask, how often are Nendos made for series that aren't currently airing or games that are recently popular? Mainly because I'm wondering what are the chances for Hunter x Hunter nendos. I'm guessing I'm going to have to wait till the 20th anniversary next year for a chance of that happening though.

Best place to ask is the Nendo OT. Those guys follow every upcoming release like a hawk.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1049073

For those who buy from US stores, question about free shipping.

Would rather pay regular price + free shipping, or a price thats like 10%-20% less but $10 shipping? So for example MP Megatron would cost like $200 + $10 shipping?

My friend and I where talking and he mentioned that most people like getting something "free" so they're willing to pay more if it means they get a "free" thing. Especially since a lot of people don't like the thought of paying for shipping.

- J - D -

Guardians Figuarts are up. There is a Quill and Rocket set, right?

Toyark and Fwoosh both say there's supposed to be a Quill/Rocket/Groot set, but there's been no official announcement of it yet. :/

Speaking of Quill, it looks like the Bluefin release of the figure will come with pink colored Tamashii Explosion Effect parts, which will no doubt drive the price of the figure set up to $80+ when he gets released stateside, like with Doctor Strange. :///

The pink explosion effects look really cool, though. I could see using them for other figures too.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
If I just supported suicide squad more and bought more figures we would have gold dress Harley :(

I'm sorry guys.

Order the Mafex one.
Then thank Hot Toys for saving you $180.

Toyark and Fwoosh both say there's supposed to be a Quill/Rocket/Groot set, but there's been no official announcement of it yet. :/

It's up for preorder on some site I've never heard of that might be fake for all I know. (Woozy Moo)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
How come Bluefin has only release like 2 Marvel Figuarts characters and no Star Wars ones? Are there licencing issue with Hasbro?

Someone from Bluefin said that Hasbro doesn't really care and Disney is stopping it.

- J - D -

I've never messed with MAFEX stuff before. Whenever I hear about them, word about quality control nightmares always follows closely. Anyone here have Mafex stuff? Thoughts?

Their upcoming Spider-Man, SW Finn and Rey I'm really interested in.

KingV

I've never messed with MAFEX stuff before. Whenever I hear about them, word about quality control nightmares always follows closely. Anyone here have Mafex stuff? Thoughts?

Wait for reviews. MAFEX is a line of tremendous highs and tremendous lows. Their Boba Fett figures are amazing, and every bit as good as the best Star Wars Figuarts. Darth Vader is not perfect but overall great, especially at the prices you can get it.

Their R2D2 is very solid.

Their C3PO is bar none the worst figure I own. Basically everything that could suck with it sucks with it, and then sucks a little more.

They usually remain easy to find, and you wait a month or so and you'll know how they end up.

TAJ

I have both of their Boba Fetts and that's it. They're better than any of my Figuarts stuff (both Lukes and Han) and everything from Figuarts that I've seen in person, which is a lot.

Thanks to this thread I preordered MP Soundwave and the tapes reissues from Anime Export.

Doing my shipping now. I've never even ordered from Japan before.

It works out to about $40.50 for express or $34.50 for regular shipping? Worth the $6 to go with the Express?

Anyone know how long both methods usually take to the US? I'm in Hawaii but I ordered from China once and it went to California first and then back to Hawaii, so I guess Anywhere USA would be as good a frame of reference.

Thanks to this thread I preordered MP Soundwave and the tapes reissues from Anime Export.

Doing my shipping now. I've never even ordered from Japan before.

It works out to about $40.50 for express or $34.50 for regular shipping? Worth the $6 to go with the Express?

Anyone know how long both methods usually take to the US? I'm in Hawaii but I ordered from China once and it went to California first and then back to Hawaii, so I guess Anywhere USA would be as good a frame of reference.

go for the express for 6 bucks more. there's less chance of it getting damaged going express being spent less time with postal service. if you're in the states it takes about 3-4 days. regular is about 3-6 weeks.

go for the express for 6 bucks more. there's less chance of it getting damaged going express. if you're in the states it takes about 304 days. regular is about 3-6 weeks.
3-4 days, not 304 days, i hope?

Lol, ok thanks!

Crossposting info from Transformers thread: Came out to $41.88 tonight for Fast Shipping, if anyone else is processing now. I originally estimated about $50 based on preorder weight info, so pretty happy!

- J - D -

Wait for reviews. MAFEX is a line of tremendous highs and tremendous lows. Their Boba Fett figures are amazing, and every bit as good as the best Star Wars Figuarts. Darth Vader is not perfect but overall great, especially at the prices you can get it.

Their R2D2 is very solid.

Their C3PO is bar none the worst figure I own. Basically everything that could suck with it sucks with it, and then sucks a little more.

They usually remain easy to find, and you wait a month or so and you'll know how they end up.

I have both of their Boba Fetts and that's it. They're better than any of my Figuarts stuff (both Lukes and Han) and everything from Figuarts that I've seen in person, which is a lot.

Welp I think I'll have to look into getting that Boba.

You have to give them credit though, that's a very elaborate and large statue. Great use of colors, too.

It's a fantastic figure and suits Deadpool perfectly. This one was closely guarded until it went up for pre-order last night. There were literally no pictures of it until last night. I had no idea it even existed.

WTF at the price. Is Deadpool a cute anime girl now?

If only.

- J - D -

Like, I said, there are two. If I had to go with one it would be the Jedi version.
This guy.

Looks really good, I'm gonna get one. Thanks. I also noticed that Mafex makes a Hulkbuster. Since I'm not flush enough with cash to afford a Hot Toys Hulkbuster or even the Figuarts diecast Hulkbuster currently I might cave in and get the Mafex one, which looks pretty good.

Man, I hope I didn't screw myself over by asking AmiAmi to change shipping method and address after they requested payment.

Take your pick.

The pink outfit is weird. I like her in standard Deadpool colors.

Top Bottom