• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's discuss the Super Mario Odyssey main theme!

GamerJM

Banned
I've probably spent an hour listening to it today and will listen to it a lot more. I absolutely adore it. It's genuinely great big band stuff.

Mariolee

Pauline and Peach in the same mainline Mario game is blowing my mind. This whole game feels like a surreal dream of everything I've wanted. I really hope Donkey Kong makes a physical cameo to "tie" it all together.

Pauline and Peach in the same mainline Mario game is blowing my mind. This whole game feels like a surreal dream of everything I've wanted. I really hope Donkey Kong makes a physical cameo to "tie" it all together.
Probably never gonna happen, but personally, I would like for Jumpman to make a cameo, and confirm the two Mario theory.

D

Deleted member 607798

Unconfirmed Member
lol have listened to this on loop for an hour, it's great

Very catchy and cheerful song, very wise choice from Nintendo to use this track for the trailer. It's very pleasant to hear from start to finish and can really stuck in the head and easily will become one of the most memorable pieces of videogame music ever created, no doubt about that.

jwk94

Probably never gonna happen, but personally, I would like for Jumpman to make a cameo, and confirm the two Mario theory.

Someone asked about Donkey Kong during the Treehouse gameplay and Ninty wouldn't say anything. Maybe dude's orchestrating the whole thing?

Mariolee

Someone asked about Donkey Kong during the Treehouse gameplay and Ninty wouldn't say anything. Maybe dude's orchestrating the whole thing?

Hope lives on.

tumblr_inline_mqrh26jIU11qz4rgp.jpg

Wow, now I have listened to theme a dozen times, if not more.

I don't understand someone who likes Mario, and yet, dislike this theme.

This song is the very definition of "fun." Fits this game like a glove, and then some.

Yes, orchestra soundtrack of Galaxy series was great stuff, but as the saying goes variety is the spice of life, and this song delivers the spice in spades.

Best thing from the presentation! The theme heard in the January trailer was lacking amd felt like a fake Mario Galaxy track. This one has charm and sounds so happy.

Hermii

I don't think the sale/ sail connection is intentional. EAD Tokyo games have always sold well relative to the install base.

Also I like to think sales isn't the prime motivator of a team of artists.

Jazzem

Went from generally liking it but being unsure if I liked the inclusion of vocals...to now not being able to get the thing out of my head, been listening to it non-stop while running errands :'D

I really, really love the big band style they've been using the past few years with Mario games. It's really a perfect fit for Mario.

They've been outputting masterclass soundtracks lately, their music department is incredible.

Top Bottom