• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 18 Demo Impressions

Auraela

Banned
Really torn between this and pes. Ive not played a football game since the African world cup one. Im not interested in online play

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Really torn between this and pes. Ive not played a football game since the African world cup one. Im not interested in online play

That fifa world cup game was my favourite footy game of all time, so, so good

Playing it now. First thought, passing is much much better than 17. Second thought, players still don't move like players, or animate when passing like players. Third thought, why do all the attacking players just desert midfield and the #10 area when you have the ball in the final third. Impossible to find a pass.

ta155

Playing it now. First thought, passing is much much better than 17. Second thought, players still don't move like players, or animate when passing like players.

This has been an issue for years. I've never seen a real person pass the ball in the way that players do on FIFA.

This has been an issue for years. I've never seen a real person pass the ball in the way that players do on FIFA.
Yeah it annoys me every year. It looks so robotic and terrible. It honestly really really hurts the game for me. I play a passing game and having to look at that every time I play a pass sucks.

Lashley

Hell yea was awesome fun. Which would u recommend lashley i know ur very active with football

Honestly it's hard, as I enjoy both. I think for gameplay offline, PES has it beat in that department, but FIFA has the presentation which can really, really help with Career Mode.

You tried both demos?

Auraela

Banned
Honestly it's hard, as I enjoy both. I think for gameplay offline, PES has it beat in that department, but FIFA has the presentation which can really, really help with Career Mode.

You tried both demos?

Yea my main problems with pes was commentary n how premier league teams dont exist sadly.

Auraela

Banned
What are these option files ? Are they already out for 18 ?.

Does pes have good single player? Ultimate team for fifa seems fun im guessing pes has similair stuff too ?

Champloo4

That fifa world cup game was my favourite footy game of all time, so, so good

I recently re-purchased 2010 and 2014 on 360. I love the Captain Your Country modes so much. Fun to play them again.

You think we will get a 2018 Russia World Cup game from EA? Would need to be out before E3 next year...

Looks better but plays worse than 17.

It may just be the demo, but the inertia has got worse and the AI of your teammates has got worse.

unrealist

Despite the difference in game engine, will the Switch version have the new passing/movement etc? Or will it be the old Fifa 17?

Lashley

The gameplay was worse than last year IMO - maybe they have desperately tried to fix it, as the demo will put people off.

No, it's not. It's a much better game than 17, which was awful imo.

Small changes? Sure, but they all add up.

Eric WK

EA Access is up!

Anybody level 45 + in the EASFC Catalogue? I would super appreciate a gift of the +45 Transfer List.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Can't wait to go home and start the trial.

Web app should be available to everybody that played Fifa 17, no pre-order required.

source: I'm on the web app and I didn't pre-order.

Ah, OK. I added the disclaimer because I pre-ordered so wasn't sure.

Top Bottom