• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

Howly shiat dude. That one is badass. So chunky and clean and nice!

I have the biggest problem drawing because I can't ever see the lines I'm making. My finger/hand is always in the way. Any tips man?

Are you guys using your fingers to draw all this stuff and cut it out? I'm seriously amazed by the work you guys are posting in here. I get all frustrated just trying to make something smaller... haha.

Danke! Yeah, it's all fingers when doing all this stuff. I tend to use the guides as much as possible, but after a certain point, I just assume and get lucky! xD Because of the whole fingers getting the way business, one thing I tend to do is intersect lines as much as possible versus trying to make one neat line and hoping I don't mess up.

Here's a quick example of me cutting a simple rectangle: https://vine.co/v/hUg6pT2OQzU

Doing this is much easier to deal with if you do the unlimited paper trick I posted a couple posts above as well since I don't have to worry about saving every piece of paper for a decoration.

TripOpt55

Danke! Yeah, it's all fingers when doing all this stuff. I tend to use the guides as much as possible, but after a certain point, I just assume and get lucky! xD Because of the whole fingers getting the way business, one thing I tend to do is intersect lines as much as possible versus trying to make one neat line and hoping I don't mess up.

Here's a quick example of me cutting a simple rectangle: https://vine.co/v/hUg6pT2OQzU

Doing this is much easier to deal with if you do the unlimited paper trick I posted a couple posts above as well since I don't have to worry about saving every piece of paper for a decoration.

Thank you for the tips! These should help me quite a bit.

Wozman23

Finally got to spend some quality time with Tearaway. I could blow hours playing with the creation mode. I probably spent around an hour creating myself:

Tearaway_zpsf12f45a9.jpg

I entertained the thought of trying to make Ratchet and transform the backpack into Clank, but gave up when I realized silver/grey wasn't an option.

About 40% complete... best game of it's kind since Psychonauts imo. Real work of passion and inspiration. Just a real treat. Will likely end up as my GOTY. I really hope it wins handheld game at VGX.

chris121580

This is absolutely incredible. I just finished the Cavern and have been loving every single second of it. I don't understand why this isn't being marketed better because it's a total system seller

Wozman23

About 40% complete... best game of it's kind since Psychonauts imo. Real work of passion and inspiration. Just a real treat. Will likely end up as my GOTY. I really hope it wins handheld game at VGX.

Speaking of Psychonauts, did you see "Stick it to the Man" (It's on PS3, and comes to Vita next month.) It takes a lot of inspiration from Psychonauts, even going as far as to include a Double Fine easter egg. It's very reminiscent, from the humor to the art direction, and the level of absurdity in its world and characters.

Did any of you buy it within the demo? I want to buy it and save what I have so far but there was someone In this thread said it didn't unlock properly or something weird.

Maddrical

I was tossing up between this and Killzone at the store the other day. I think I made the wrong decision. Killzone is okay but this looks great. Dang.

Roubjon

Did any of you buy it within the demo? I want to buy it and save what I have so far but there was someone In this thread said it didn't unlock properly or something weird.

I'm actually curious about this too. I want to save everything I've done and transfer it to when I get a hold of the physical copy of the game. I'm assuming I can just back it up to my comptuer and then delete the demo, install the game cart, put the save file back on, and then it should work, right?

Just read a little more... Is it true that the digital copy won't update whereas the retail one will? I really wanna buy the digital one but I'm a little worried about it.

Speaking of Psychonauts, did you see "Stick it to the Man" (It's on PS3, and comes to Vita next month.) It takes a lot of inspiration from Psychonauts, even going as far as to include a Double Fine easter egg. It's very reminiscent, from the humor to the art direction, and the level of absurdity in its world and characters.

Yeah, been looking forward to it since it was announced. Waiting for it to pop up on the Vita store.

Art style of it also reminds me, a bit, of this old MTV animated show called The Brothers Grunt.

Just read a little more... Is it true that the digital copy won't update whereas the retail one will? I really wanna buy the digital one but I'm a little worried about it.

I'm stuck on 1.00 and have a digital copy. I sent a tweet to @mediamolecule, but haven't got a reply back. Maybe if more people with the issues will tweet them they'll fix it.

I have both and I think they're essential for any Vita library. Very, very different games, of course!

KZ & Tearaway are vita's must have games.Both are brilliant. Going to go through Killzone again, there's lots of replay value in it like different objectives per level.

alice

I bought from within the demo and mine is working fine. It did keep labeling the file as a demo until I restarted the Vita, but other than that no issues. I wanted to go physical, but I didn't want to wait!

Elvick

Banned
This is not only the best looking handheld game I have ever played (brilliant from a technical and artistic perspective), it is one of the best looking games I have played regardless of platform.

The game plays brilliantly and oozes charm. Such an amazing game.
I'm trying to figure out where I place it in terms of art design. I'm leaning towards it having the best art design in any game I've played. Okami is up there as well.

It's so lovely. I hope that we get a sequel, or that they release DLC, or do something else with that paper engine they created. It's just so good to go unused in something else. D:

I'd be like if Ubisoft never used Ubiart Framework in anything else other than Rayman Origins. Thankfully they have and are.

Really am enjoying the more I play the game, such a shame its sold so poorly [here in the UK]. Can anyone advise how far through the game I am?, just finished the
Tavern
section.

Thanks

Just picked this up at Best Buy and it's pretty amazing even after the first 15-20 minutes.

1. Character customization is amazing and hilarious. It really makes me want to unlock everything to try out new stuff.

2. Graphics are just incredible. It's like Next-Gen Paper Mario. (What I would give for this game to be in 3D!)

3. It made me realize how disgusting my Vita-playing posture makes me look while I'm slumped on the couch. D:
Need to sit up straight and keep my chin up!

Colours just pop out on the OLED and the image quality is excellent. What more could you ask for. Love playing this game at home on my bed during the night.

soultron

Banned
Colours just pop out on the OLED and the image quality is excellent. What more could you ask for. Love playing this game at home on my bed during the night.
+headphones for maximum music enjoyment.

This is another subtle reminder for Media Molecule to put the soundtrack up for purchase.

Oh, and I thought of another observation:

4. I was in the character creator and there was some kind of leaf or piece of confetti blocking part of my character's face. I instinctively blew on the screen to get rid of it, and it actually worked!

I haven't had a moment like that in a game since Paper Mario: Sticker Star when I realized that
moving the 3DS would make the holographic stickers shimmer like in real life

I bought Tearaway yesterday and I haven't touched my PS3 or PS4 since. I wanna play some KZ multiplayer and AC4 on my shiny new ps4 but I just can't stop playing Tearaway :)

Edit: I hope the game never ends. I'm in the laboratory now and it's just so much fun waiting for the next setting cause the atmosphere and music is just so good

genbatzu

Amazon Cybermonday
dsadsadasdasdv9on2.jpg

yesterday they gave 18% discount, so instead of 169€ something around 138€ if it is the same.
however, yesterday the offer was 100% reserved after ~10seconds

Rayjee

So I posted earlier on this thread about me trying to help out and advertise Tearaway as much as possible at my store (I work at Bestbuy). Turns out I sold them all and didn't leave one for me to buy when I get paid xD I'll be going to my home town tomorrow--so I'll get it there. But I think its the only store in my current city that doesn't have any available. Kinda-whoops? :p

Lamptramp

Still absolutely enamoured with this game, though my creative skills are lacking from what I see within this thread, nice work all.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/te...apercraft-plans-presents-extra-things-do.html

I'm currently one scrap away from platinuming, and I can't find it for my life.

I'm only 3/4 of the way through but keep going back to clear levels randomly, I was missing a scrap on Gibbet Hill for ages it seemed to be one that fell off the side of the hill and "didn't count" if that helps?

Thanks for the feedback, Gaf. Guess I'll wait a couple of weeks and play it in the comfort of my own bedroom. Can't wait!

Character creation looks so goddamn fun. Is it difficult or fairly intuitive?

Elvick

Banned
So I posted earlier on this thread about me trying to help out and advertise Tearaway as much as possible at my store (I work at Bestbuy). Turns out I sold them all and didn't leave one for me to buy when I get paid xD I'll be going to my home town tomorrow--so I'll get it there. But I think its the only store in my current city that doesn't have any available. Kinda-whoops? :p
You did it for the greater good!

Business

Oh I thought it showed how many things I've done, which is not necessarily how far in the game I am if I skipped things.

soultron

Banned
Oh I thought it showed how many things I've done, which is not necessarily how far in the game I am if I skipped things.
Yeah, this is the way it works. I finished the game and it says 92% since I'm missing a few presents, for example.

You're halfway through the game, give or take.

DirtyLarry

Quick question.
I'm on vacation and planned on playing Tearaway on my flight home mostly (14 hour flight) so will I be doing myself a disservice if I choose to do so?
I have not read much about the game other then it is great, but I do believe I read it uses the back camera to bring the players actual real,world surroundings into the game itself? Did I read that wrong?
So just wondering if only having the back of a chair on an airplane will take away from the game if I did in fact understand that all correctly?
TIA to anyone that can answer. I leave in 4 days so I can always start playing it while on vacation if that is the better experience overall.

Nbz

I really need to put down Link between worlds for an hour or so to start this up properly! Only managed about 15 minutes so far, but my current opinion is that this is right down my alley, it oozes charm.

Top Bottom