• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

Zemm

Say my name

d896ba21f1231bca63bcbde5c3b6a513222d3fe9.jpg

iZCDTrcxZU6N3.gif

Man, they weren't messing around with this game. So gorgeous. I'm glad I knew little about it before I got it. Great sound and music, too--using my fancy new headphones helps, though.

Actually, let me amend my comment above: Graphics are gorgeous, with the exception of that goofy design they used for the sun guy :p

hohoXD123

Is there actually anyone here who has played the game and NOT liked it?

Getting 100% on the levels is harder than I thought it would be, there is always something I miss despite constantly looking around with my camera.

creyas

Got stuck on Gibbet Hill. Watched a walkthrough and my game had a wrap box missing, rebooting the game fixed it. If you get stuck keep in mind that sort of thing is possible.

Skyzard

Banned
Cool little thing spoiler to do with the water:
-----------------tap-----

Btw, any ideas how to see the pig skin DLC from the pre-order?

Copenap

The game is only 5 hours long? Hmm, I think that might make me hold off now.
No and I will never understand this sentiment.

The 5-6 hours I got out of this game were far superior than most 10-20 hours games I've played thin gen. What's the use of of 10+ hours game if it's less fun. I don't want to waist my time and these 5-6 hours were worth it every second.

Btw. I played through GTA V and really liked it but I prefer the time I had with Tearaway and if I were to travel back in time and had to chose only one of these games it would be Tearaway.

Skyzard

Banned
If I buy it at Best Buy or Amazon does that include a code for the digital version or is it only the card version of the game?

Nope.

Retail games/cart games at stores won't come with the digital code for the same game.

It's separate, maybe there are special exceptions but I can't think of any and it would probably be a promotion of some sort.

Cross-buy is for like PS3/Vita/PS4 on the same account. Or a retail disc version for ps3 coming with a download code for the vita.

Bastion

I really like the gameplay and sound when no music is playing. Some of the music is very annoying and grating. Like nails on the chalkboard annoying to me. It is ruining the game for me somewhat.

No and I will never understand this sentiment.

The 5-6 hours I got out of this game were far superior than most 10-20 hours games I've played thin gen. What's the use of of 10+ hours game if it's less fun. I don't want to waist my time and these 5-6 hours were worth it every second.

Btw. I played through GTA V and really liked it but I prefer the time I had with Tearaway and if I were to travel back in time and had to chose only one of these games it would be Tearaway.

Where did I say I want to waste time? I don't fee like spending $30-$40 to only get 5 hours out of it. I'll wait for a cheaper price was my only point. This is competing with SM3DW and Zelda for my money, among other games. I don't see how a game being longer automatically makes it less fun, yes, it's not good to artificially extend games, I never said otherwise. It doesn't make me want to rush out and spend $40 to play for half an afternoon and then be done.

Why doesn't US get a demo!?!
It showed up when I searched this morning. I'm downloading it right now with no issues.

nampad

Apparently, the Tearaway Vita bundle is gonna be a Amazon.de cybermonday deal tomorrow at 20:15 CET for everyone in Europe who is on the fence. The bundle price is currently at €169.

vitawiiu_zps499a254d.jpg

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just beat the game. It was pretty good I guess. Not my favourite Vita game by any stretch, but it was consistently fun, charming and made me smile a lot. Dat ending. Made me feel feelings and shit. I'll go back and try to add every papercraft to my collection. Whether I'll bother going for 100% is another matter. I might not bother. I think I'm kinda done with the game. It was a cool and short experience, but not necessarily the kind I'll want to revisit or one with particularly lasting value. It's a game I'll remember and think about fondly. I guess if a game accomplishes that then it did its job.

Mik3F

Just finished, really enjoyed it. Now to go back through and see if I can 100% the levels and get all the trophies. Should keep me going till Friday

Burbeting

Banned
Finished the game.

Man, that was fantastic. Would be my goty, if it weren't so short :(. The game deserved longer length. Oh well, next doing everything possible in the game :).

RalchAC

Just finished, really enjoyed it. Now to go back through and see if I can 100% the levels and get all the trophies. Should keep me going till Friday

I finished the game too. Knowing
what Atoi felt through her journey was cool IMO.
I really liked it so I think I'll get the platinum, since it's not that difficult. But first I'll probably finish the last dungeon (for the True Ending) in P4G.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the game.

Man, that was fantastic. Would be my goty, if it weren't so short :(. The game deserved longer length. Oh well, next doing everything possible in the game :).

How short are we talking here? I just ordered a copy from Amazon for $30.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I think I finished the game in around 6 hours. I didin't run through the game either, tried to do side questing as much as possible.

Oh, ok. That's totally fine for me, especially if there is replay value in going back and trying to perfect certain sections.

This game is magic. Pure magic. I feel like a kid again playing this. I love exploring every bit of this world and seeing what's gonna happen next. Not sure if it's my Game of the Year or runner up (The Last of Us I think still has it beat for me).

Can't wait to print out some plans and try my hand at papercrafting. Their booth at PAX was unreal

Finished it just now and feeling all of the feels. What a wonderful, special game. It deserves all the praise it's received and I hope it's a big success.

Kard8p3

Just finished the demo and loved every second of it. I was already getting it for christmas anyway but not my excitement is through the roof.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just finished it. Loved it, and now my daughter can use my vita again and play it.

Not sure about going back and getting everything! I spent a long time on the early levels and still missed things. Other than walking around permanently in camera mode I'm not sure what I can do.

Top Bottom