• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zeku revealed for Street Fighter V!

Rymuth

SFV's marketing metrics in general have been trending upwards with the reveal of AE. More people are engaging with their channels & viewing their material since that went up. Nice to see the Zeku trailer's views are actually backing that up.

If Capcom sticks the landing with SFV AE's launch, they could very well turn the game's overall reception around.
Fingers crossed

jett

D-Member
SFV's marketing metrics in general have been trending upwards with the reveal of AE. More people are engaging with their channels & viewing their material since that went up. Nice to see the Zeku trailer's views are actually backing that up.

If Capcom sticks the landing with SFV AE's launch, they could very well turn the game's overall reception around.

I wonder if SFV:AE will count as a new SKU on Steam and such. That would help curb the initial wave of negative reviews SFV got.

raven777

the transformation looks pretty safe

FrankCrispGharial.gif

Moaradin

Sakura's SF4 remixed theme is alright, but still not as good as the Alpha 2 one.

I hope Capcom throws a curve ball and uses her EX theme when she's in this game.

Venfayth

Goddamn he looks fun. I think I'm gonna have to start playing SFV again. Just need a new arcade stick...

Broke my last one in rage :V

Neoxon

We got a stance character, but when are we getting a STAND character?
I’d say that the stand character should be voiced by Matthew Mercer (since Josuke onwards don’t have English VAs, yet), but he’s already Fei Long.

nded

OyIOplP.gif

I don't know where that MvC style hiryu walking animation is from, but he does walk like Guy in Strider 2, I think.

super

Neo Member
I really didnt love the SF4 OST (except Poison her track was an instant classic) SF5 OST is one of the best I ever heard specially the new compositions .

The quality of the stages in this game is excellent.

cant wait for Zeku!

Metal B

Can somebody explain to me the context of Zeku's transformation into a younger version of a ninja? It just looks so random and pointless.

kirblar

Can somebody explain to me the context of Zeku's transformation into a younger version of a ninja? It just looks so random and pointless.
Young Zeku looks suspiciously close to the appearance of Strider Hiryu.

It turns out that's because he's the first Strider.

His theme has the Strider theme hidden in it, and there's a Strider sound effect in Old Zeku's GRAM attacks.

Metal B

Young Zeku looks suspiciously close to the appearance of Strider Hiryu.

It turns out that's because he's the first Strider.

His theme has the Strider theme hidden in it, and there's a Strider sound effect in Old Zeku's GRAM attacks.
So it's a Strider cameo without being a direct Strider cameo? But why does he need a transformation (new clothes and different hair) to change his fighting style? It just feels like a especially odd way to include a cameo.

kirblar

So it's a Strider cameo without being a direct Strider cameo? But why does he need a transformation (new clothes and different hair) to change his fighting style? It just feels like a especially odd way to include a cameo.
Old Zeku fights kinda like a modified version of Nash w/ a toolset including a Bushin Flip-esque move.

Young Zeku fights w/ a modified version of the rest of Guy's kit, minus the Tatsu.

The transformation is because he's a stance character like Gen. He's just far, far less complicated than Gen because he has very limited stance-switch combos.
Super damage off 3 EX bars, makes sense
Onstream today they did the math and Super's just straight up better for raw damage. Karin has a similar thing w/ being able to confirm into 3 EXes to finish rounds.

Top Bottom