• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

frontieruk

rotate.php

Forza arrives tyres squealing on to the Xbox One and Xbox One X and Windows 10 PC’s for its 7th mainline incarnation, in interviews Dan Greenawalt has said "Forza Motorsports 7 image quality on the original Xbox One looks dramatically better than Forza 6" so let's look at what it's bringing to the Race track this year.

With all the work on Xbox One X, PC and Dan’s promises of a better looking game on the Xbox, can Turn 10 deliver a bigger, better experience than Forza 6?

SKUS_HD.png

There will be three editions for the racer — Standard, Deluxe and Ultimate, starting from the bare bones base game all the way up to the premium package. The Standard and Ultimate Editions are available digitally or at retail, with the mid-tier Deluxe Edition being exclusive to the digital space.

Naturally, the Standard Edition includes the game alone.

Deluxe Edition includes Priced at US$79.99 / £69.99 / €89.99
Full Game
“Forza Motorsport 7” The Fate of the Furious Car Pack, $10 value, VIP membership, $20 value “Forza Motorsport 7” and “Forza Horizon 3” digital only pre-order bonus content

The Ultimate Edition — priced at US$99.99 / £89.99 / €109.99 — includes more goodies along with early access to the game:

Full Game “Forza Motorsport 7”, The Fate of the Furious Car Pack $10 value, VIP membership $20 value, “Forza Motorsport 7” and “Forza Horizon 3” digital only pre-order bonus content
“Forza Motorsport 7” Car Pass $30 value, Early Game Access on Sept. 29
Alan Hartman said:
VIP and Ultimate
Over the weekend we heard loud and clear from Ultimate Edition owners expressing frustration over the VIP membership offer in Forza Motorsport 7. We immediately updated the VIP description in the Windows Store to alleviate any future confusion. As head of the studio, I apologize for any confusion or frustration our players may have experienced.

Going forward, we will continue to ensure that Forza Motorsport 7 VIPs receive the most value for their VIP membership, including new experiences and great content. Starting today we’re sending all Forza Motorsport 7 VIPs four additional Forza Edition cars:

2016 Jaguar F-TYPE Project 7 Forza Edition
2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Forza Edition
2017 Acura NSX Forza Edition
2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S Forza Edition

Forza 7 VIPs will be able to download all these cars from the in-game message center and add them to their car collection. Players will not only enjoy an immediate bump to their Car Collection score after adding these Tier 5 Legendary cars to their garages, they’ll also be able to take advantage of the inherent perks that each of these Forza Edition cars offer. In addition to the cars, we’re also sending all Forza 7 VIPs 1 million credits.

Secondly, and even more significantly, we will be changing VIP rewards in Forza Motorsport 7. This new system will work like it did in Forza Motorsport 6, offering a 2X base credit bonus after every race. We’ve already started work on this feature and we will release it as soon as possible. Look for more information on this update as we near the release date.

whatsnew_HD.png

Dynamic image-based lighting
The advantage of having two teams developing on one engine is the sharing of tech, so Forza 7 borrows an implementation of the dynamic lighting from Horizon 3, allowing for gradual time of day transitions. The Nurburgring is the host circuit for demonstrating Dynamic lighting and weather technologies in the demo, where a grey, overcast day turns into a fierce thunderstorm, before subsiding into a clear skies sunset, the track illuminated by floodlights.

All of the tracks have some form of dynamic lighting if only transitioning from morning to evening.

Dynamic Weather
Forza 7 borrows from 6 in that only certain tracks have certain features, storms rush in causing downpours leading to the appearance of puddles and slippery tarmac, creating a changeable dry line. Cars may aquaplane when you least expect it. Falling air temperatures may cool the track down, affecting grip further.

These weather effects will persist even after the storm, with a drying line appearing as the back continues and track temperatures rise again.

The time / weather effects break down like so :-
  • 6 circuits (Day - Night - Weather)
  • 3 circuits (Day - Night)
  • 6 circuits (Day - Weather)
  • 17 circuits (Day only)

New Audio Modelling
Sound is crucial to an immersive driving experience and Forza has always had some excellent sound staging, even so the game’s audio director, has spent the last two years trying to find ways to make Forza 7 grab the attention of your ears

The music in the game (which you can customize with your own songs from OneDrive / Groove / Spotify!?) follows you as you navigate around the different environments, dynamically adjusting to them, for example jumping from the menus to the garage to start tuning a car, the music adjusts to sound like it’s coming from a radio on the other side of the room. Hop into Forzavista mode, get in the car, and it will muffle. Jump over to the car selection menu, where your character is standing on a stage, and the music sounds like it’s coming through stadium speakers.

This design follows through to the races, too. Music will flash by you as you pass the track’s speakers. The idea was to make it feel like the music was actually seated in the environment, continuing that philosophy players need hear and feel the explosive power of motorsport; For all 700 cars the instrumentation clusters are going to rattle, windshield wipers and mirrors vibrate – it’s that feeling of the car at its peak. They’ve overhauled the audio for the driveline flex, so you can hear the car tearing itself apart. The end result is a game that sounds remarkably lifelike with all the different layers; the screaming engines, squealing tires, the rattling of the cockpit and the soundtrack mixing over each other.

Play anywhere!
Being a Play Anywhere game, your game progress, DLC (including add-ons, Season Passes, consumables and in-game unlocks), Gamerscore and Achievements are all saved on Xbox Live, so you can pick up where you left off on another Xbox One or Windows 10 PC.

Cross Play
Cross play is supported in Forza Motorsport 7 just like in Forza Horizon 3, but just like in Horizon Turn 10 can disable it in competitive modes.

E-Sports integration
Enhanced Leagues, Mixer integration, and enhanced spectating modes will be enabled soon™

Driver Customisations
The Driver Gear feature will see more than 300 different sets of attire, based on pop culture and racing throughout history. These will be unlocked through career progression and your tier, as detailed above. It's one of the many ways that Turn 10 are trying to make Forza Motorsport 7 a more personal game that is tailored around the player.
suits_clean.png

XBXenhancements_HD.png

4K Resolution and Textures
Hold onto your hats Boys and Girls, those data caps are getting blown on a Xbox One X, Digital Foundry found the Xbox One X footage to be comparable to the highest settings on the PC Demo.

Dynamic Cube Maps
Dynamic cube maps have six different 2-D images (textures), one for each side of a cube map texture, instead of just one like with static cube maps. What’s interesting to note is that rendering dynamic cube maps automatically means rendering the scene six times for each frame, not counting the main frame render. As a result, this technique requires a lot of power, so sorry Xbox One and One S owners this ones not for you.

refreshed_HD.png

A real campaign?
The Forza Driver’s Cup is broken down into six major championships; Seeker, Breakout, Evolution, Domination, Masters, and the Forza Masters Championship Cup each with their own varieties of cars and classes, each of these highlight the diverse race divisions of each of the cars in Forza Motorsport 7, and include events such as standard races, high-speed chases, endurance race showcases, historic moments in motorsport, formula pre-war cars, the rise of the supercar and GT race cars, and much more – as well as fun events like car bowling and autocross, along with the return of showcase events players are getting the most solo player targeted Forza ever.

Through the championships, players will earn Series Points in a "motorsport-inspired" points system that adds up your rewards after every race, allowing players to progress through the Championship, to unlock cars or customizations for your driver avatar, reinforcing the fact that in this game, your driver is spending more time out of the car. An interesting spin and important part of progressing (beyond just leveling up via XP you earn everywhere) is adding more cars to your collection, which will let players get more bonuses from each race, plus the Showcase cars that can only be obtained in the campaign mode.

But most importantly is that players can finally tweak race lengths to hopefully be able to avoid the older games sense of having to force your way to the front of the pack in the first few corners due to there not being enough laps to chase the breakaway pack.

Tracks
  • Alps
  • Bathurst
  • Brands Hatch
  • Catalunya
  • Circuit of the Americas
  • Daytona
  • Dubai
  • Hockenheim
  • Homestead
  • Indianapolis Motor Speedway
  • Sonoma Raceway
  • Laguna Seca
  • Le Mans
  • Lime Rock
  • Long Beach
  • Maple Valley
  • Monza
  • Mugello
  • Nurburgring
  • Test Track
  • Prague
  • Rio
  • Road America
  • Road Atlanta
  • Sebring
  • Silverstone
  • Spa-Francorchamps
  • Suzuka
  • Top Gear
  • Virginia International Raceway
  • Watkins Glen
  • Yas Marina

In addition to the above 32 track locations, Forza Motorsport 7 will also feature over 200 ribbons. That’s 200 unique configurations to race these circuits on.

700 cars
Too long to list, yes we have Porsche but we lost Toyota /s

Auction House
The Auction house returns, allowing users to sell car's and Liveries.

Loyalty Rewards
For the launch of Forza Motorsport 7, Turn 10 are offering in-game bonus items based on each player’s Forza Rewards Tier Level, including Prize Crates, Badges, and Driver Gear suits. Here’s a detailed breakdown, plus a look at all of the awesome Forza-themed Forza Rewards suits that players can earn:
Code:
Tier    Driver Suit                    Badge               Cumulative Prize Crates
    2    Forza Motorsport 7         Tier 2 Badge                        1
    3    Forza Horizon 3            Tier 3 Badge                        2
    4    Forza Motorsport 6         Tier 4 Badge                        3
    5    Forza Horizon 2            Tier 5 Badge                        4
    6    Forza Motorsport 5         Tier 6 Badge                        5
    7    Forza Horizon              Tier 7 Badge                        6
    8    Forza Motorsport 4         Tier 8 Badge                        7
    9    Forza Motorsport 3         Tier 9 Badge                        8
   10    Forza Motorsport 2         Tier 10 Badge                       9
   11    Forza Motorsport           Tier 11 Badge                      10
Note that all rewards listed above are cumulative. So, if you are Tier 4 at the launch of Forza Motorsport 7, you will receive the Forza Motorsport 7, Forza Horizon 3, and Forza Motorsport 6 driver suits, the Tiers 2-4 Badges, and 3 total Prize Crates. (Note that there are no Tier 12 rewards, as Tier 12 will not be possible to attain until the release of Forza Motorsport 7).

chevos002.png

community002.png

Alright boys and girls of ForzaGAF, I have the spreadsheet ready! I removed all the old info, so you are going to have to re-add yourself.
Quote this post to see the link at the and then add in your info!

Discord RacingGAF server quote this post to find details under the spreadsheet.
Quote this post to find the server details at the top.

Remember the ForzaGAF group has a looking for games feature.

I’m guessing it’s going to be RawNuts carrying on Tradition

pcinfo_HD.png

System requirements[/img]
Specs.png

PC Performance Thread
Smartwaffle has set up a PC performance thread.

Review Thread
Theorry kindly set up a Review Thread

Photo thread
GHG has kindly set up a photo thread

Wheel Support
  • Fanatec CSR
  • Fanatec CSR Elite
  • Fanatec ClubSport V2
  • Fanatec ClubSport V1
  • Fanatec CSL
  • Fanatec ClubSport V2.5
  • Logitech G29
  • Logitech Driving Force Pro
  • Logitech G25
  • Logitech Driving Force GT
  • Logitech G27
  • Logitech MOMO
  • Logitech G920
  • Thrustmaster RGT
  • Thrustmaster T100
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS
  • Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari
  • Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE
  • Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Int
  • Thrustmaster T300 RS
  • Thrustmaster T300 RS GT
  • Thrustmaster T150
  • Thrustmaster T150 Pro
  • Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer
  • Thrustmaster TX 458
  • Thrustmaster TX Leather
  • Thrustmaster 458 Spider
  • Thrustmaster TMX
  • Thrustmaster TMX Pro
  • Thrustmaster TS-Xbox
  • Mad Catz Pro

That’s a lot of wheels!

media_HD.png

https://youtu.be/osocO7aUKKM

This OT has been brought to you by

Zorbsie
Dude
Shortt Sirket
Noobcraft
And the number 7

shandy706

The game is looking and sounding incredible.

Painful trying to decide if I'm going to wait for the X1X, install it on my PC....or if I'll boot it up on my X1 right away.

Pulls hair out.

Gestault

Tweak race length? That's all i needed to know! Great job!

It's totally in there, and you get bonuses for running the longer races. Which also means you can game the mods to cash in race bonuses on endurance races.

Thinking of buying the Logitech G29 + clutch for this game. Good choice?

Good enough, though unless they've changed the manufacturing process, the brake pedal mechanism has built in resistance (some black foam) that limits the total movement range. Be ready to either adjust the braking range in-game, or to do some quick surgery with a hobby-knife.

Does anyone know if you can gift credits/cars in this game? Lizzy has started to really get into Forza and I would love to be able to give her cars I have tuned for her and that she might not be able to afford.

Klocker

nice OT

The time / weather effects break down like so :-
6 circuits (Day - Night - Weather)
3 circuits (Day - Night)
6 circuits (Day - Weather)
17 circuits (Day only)

so almost half the tracks are customizable to some degree, disappointing but not as horrible as 6

It's totally in there, and you get bonuses for running the longer races. Which also means you can game the mods to cash in race bonuses on endurance races.
This is excellent news. 3 lap races are far too short. I will probably start at a minimum of 5 then go to 10 and maybe 20 if possible. As long as the rewards reflect the time and effort put in I'll be very happy with this development.

zorbsie

Does anyone know if you can gift credits/cars in this game? Lizzy has started to really get into Forza and I would love to be able to give her cars I have tuned for her and that she might not be able to afford.

I'd like to know too. Would be easier to do photo/livery competition prizes with the GAF gang.

I'm in for FM7. Skipped FH3 due to lack of time and money but no way on earth can I miss out on this mofo.

Nice OT btw, had no idea about the suits, Tier 11 now so all the Forza suits will be cool.

shandy706

Wheel and FFP support is garbage unfortunately. I have the G29 and the Porsche is completely undrivable.

I just think something was wrong with the Porsche in the demo (at unassisted settings). It didn't work well on a controller either.

The other cars were a dream to drive.

This is excellent news. 3 lap races are far too short. I will probably start at a minimum of 5 then go to 10 and maybe 20 if possible. As long as the rewards reflect the time and effort put in I'll be very happy with this development.

Increased lap count options combined with high-level AI settings are a MASSIVE plus.

I'm in for FM7. Skipped FH3 due to lack of time and money but no way on earth can I miss out on this mofo.

Don't skip it completely if you can help it man, it might be one of the best Forza games. Just brilliant and fun. It was the game that really got Lizzy back into Forza and it grabbed her HARD. I think we played so much she hit level 150 in like two weeks. lol

G-ROM has already put together some crazy-good photo shoots. I'm hoping he dumps some in here.

He does amazing work. Speaking of, do we need to do a Photo Thread next week? Any thoughts?

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Nice OT !

As said in the other thread, the final game runs perfectly on my PC, just like the demo, no stutter despite having two cores at 100%.

1440p, everything Ultra, MSAA 4x, 200% resolution.
Unlocked FPS gives 90-140+ FPS (but with tearing so I lock it to 60).

i7 5930K @ 4.4 GHz
Inno3D 1080 Ti iChill Ultra X4
16 GB DDR4
Thrustmaster TX

So if the demo ran well on your PC, the final game should too.

Klocker

asked in the review thread but can someone confirm are you able to set your own time or lap numbers for Qualifying prior to races? (career and free play?)

please tell me it's not just one or two laps?

DIdnt know ToD / Weather are not on some tracks.

I just assumed by the time T10 actually did it they wouldn't have the premium / standard Gran Turismo split.

Gestault

He does amazing work. Speaking of, do we need to do a Photo Thread next week? Any thoughts?

A lot of times people get fed up with a million photos in the main OT, so chances are it may be worth it. Photo threads are always a different scene than those normal "graphics vs" threads too (and rightfully so).

A lot of times people get fed up with a million photos in the main OT, so chances are it may be worth it. Photo threads are always a different scene than those normal "graphics vs" threads too (and rightfully so).

I suppose we'll end up seeing "that thread of which we don't speak" hovering around the top of the board over the next few weeks.

shandy706

With the way Horizon looks...

30014662586_9a3d113bf6_o.jpg

....and the fact that the weather/lighting/ToD stuff has been brought over to FM7....I can't wait to see how screenshots turn out from the skilled guys taking them.

I just assumed by the time T10 actually did it they wouldn't have the premium / standard Gran Turismo split.

Everything is built to the same standard, but not every race track has every single option. This isn't anything like "premium/standard" split.

Sad... No Lexus in Forza 7.....

Yeah, Toyota need a good punch.

I've got the impression from YT vids that even the daytime only tracks have various lighting conditions thanks to Horizon 3 skies. Hope this is the case.

Top Bottom