• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to Steam

Jac_Solar

The game doesn't consider itself furry or whatever, at all, and it certainly shouldn't be something that's stopping you from playing this great game.

It's just a specific artstyle. It looks gorgeous in motion/ingame.

The two main characters (Player character and the flying.. thing.) are very charming and interesting as well. Actually, most of the characters in the game are charming and interesting.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
PSN has the following games as exclusives:

• Spelunker HD
  • Tales from Space: About a Blob
  • FAT PRINCESS
  • MUSHROOM WARS
  • PixelJunk games
  • Dead Nation
  • FLOWER
  • SUPER STARDUST HD
  • Journey
  • Sound Shapes
  • Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
  • The Unfinished Swan
  • Papo & Yo

What does XBLA have in comparison?
LOL

Atomski

PSN has the following games as exclusives:

• Spelunker HD
  • Tales from Space: About a Blob
  • FAT PRINCESS
  • MUSHROOM WARS
    [*]PixelJunk games
  • Dead Nation
  • FLOWER
  • SUPER STARDUST HD
  • Journey
  • Sound Shapes
  • Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
  • The Unfinished Swan
  • Papo & Yo

What does XBLA have in comparison?

and the newest Pixel Junk game is PC exclusive so far :D

If you start your first go on hard and try to do and find everything before finishing up the final area you can easily get 15+ hours out of dust, give or take depending on how you play.

If this is also the same price point as it was on xbl, deal of the year.

As for furry, if you removed dust's tail and turned fidget into a bog standard fairy or a ball of light everything else outside of some village npc's is what you get in other games, guy in long coat slicing up demons and monsters.

Also seeing this game in full motion puts games like street fighter HD remix and the new ducktails to shame in art quality.

-Mikey-

I'll finally finish this version! Bought it on 360 and didn't put much time into it because I hate hooking my consoles up.

Day one!

Noogy

Woo, sorry for not jumping in earlier, I just now got to a wifi hotspot.

The panel was a blast (thank you to everyone who attended), and surprisingly the live build did not crash! I believe the panel will be available for later viewing, after which I'll post a link.

But the big news is, of course, Steam. I'm so happy to finally start talking about it, and thank you guys for the reception is has received so far. I should note that the game will NOT be using GFW, and I've spent much of the last few months making it a PC friendly port. Running the game at 1080p is quite nice.

Anyway, I can't give a specific release date, but I'm working as fast as I can. Thanks everyone!

gdt

the problem with steam is the steam sales. even if they are more sales on steam most of them are on 50-75% off deals on these arcade games. So at the end of the day the developer may get more money from xbla than steam even if the latter sold more (which even that is questionable)
This is not true at all.

the problem with steam is the steam sales. even if they are more sales on steam most of them are on 50-75% off deals on these arcade games. So at the end of the day the developer may get more money from xbla than steam even if the latter sold more (which even that is questionable)

Uh-huh. Sure buddy.

The panel was a blast (thank you to everyone who attended), and surprisingly the live build did not crash! I believe the panel will be available for later viewing, after which I'll post a link.

But the big news is, of course, Steam. I'm so happy to finally start talking about it, and thank you guys for the reception is has received so far. I should note that the game will NOT be using GFW, and I've spent much of the last few months making it a PC friendly port. Running the game at 1080p is quite nice.

Anyway, I can't give a specific release date, but I'm working as fast as I can. Thanks everyone!

thank-you2.gif

RedSwirl

When I finally bought a 360 in 2010 it was mostly for exclusive XBLA games:

Ikaruga
Rez HD
Shadow Complex
Perfect Dark HD
FEZ (at the time)
Limbo (at the time)
Protect Me Knight
Guardian Heroes HD
Garou Mark of the Wolves

Retne

Wonderful! So glad to hear it won't be running GFWL. That makes it an easy day one purchase for me. I'm looking forward to playing through the game.

Phatmac

Still surprised that people continue to harp on the art style after so long. The game is fantastic and skipping it would be a huge mistake.

Having finished the game a ~month ago, all I can say is BUY THIS PEOPLE.
This is one of the best XBLA I've played. Huge and gorgeous. Noogy did an amazing job.
So glad this is coming to Steam so that more people can play it.
buy, buy, buy!

LQX

Nice! I have to give MS props for not totally keeping these games exclusives and allowing them on PC. Sunk 10 plus hours in this game. Loved it.

wiggleb0t

Banned
Purchased near all dlc on x360 to support such an ambitious incredible game/art.
Will buy on PC also. Thank you :)

How many times a day does someone tell you; "you rock" Noogy?
Gotta be in the hundreds I hope :p

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Bought this game on 360, haven't played it yet. Now I can get the better version on Steam for probably less.

I think I'll just use the rest of my Allards on avatar cosmetics.

XaosWolf

"No GFWL" is one of those things that makes me smile.

Also; F YEAH FINALLY COMING TO STEAM! =D
That spritework is incredible. Take all the time you need. =)

Feep

Banned

Again, let me know if you need help re: Steam integration.

wilflare

looks awesome! :D
hope it comes to the Vita as well :D

(when I watched the trailer... I was like.. man I would get the Xbox for this)

AHA-Lambda

You actually couldn't be more wrong. There is a reason the PC has became a vibrant market for indie development compared to the consoles you know.

Jintor

Absolutely, gloriously incorrect

petran79

Banned
Looking forward to this game.
Didnt know it was from the designer of Jazz Jackrabbit 2.

Should have appeared much sooner.

When I finally bought a 360 in 2010 it was mostly for exclusive XBLA games:

Ikaruga
Rez HD
Shadow Complex
Perfect Dark HD
FEZ (at the time)
Limbo (at the time)
Protect Me Knight
Guardian Heroes HD
Garou Mark of the Wolves

If you add the fact that some other games are also playable through emulation on PC, even with online play like Garou, albeit without HD, list grows even smaller

Top Bottom