• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 DEMO up in Asian PSN store

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, can't believe they released this :O

Zoibie

netguy503 said:
Updated, thanks. Should I be waiting for a PM? I'm around my PS3 now and can do it quickly. Also, if I deactivate an account don't I lose access from the content of the account I downloaded from or does that not apply to demos. Thanks.

I don't think you need to have an activated account for demos.

netguy503

Paznos said:
I'd like to get on the list.

guys just copy the list into your reply like I did. It's the only fair way to do it and helps keep track for the site. I probably lost several slots on the list by doing it the official way.

WANT TO DOWNLOAD THE DEMO?

Ok lets do this properly, I have an account thanks to AwesomeSauce. Lets get a list going and start sharing. After you download the demo you HAVE to deactivate the account. PM me or post if you want it and again once you deactivated the account.

To deactivate go to account management > System activation.

You don't have to wait for the download to finish to deactivate. Just start it.

LIST:
  • Metalmurphy
  • Sidewinder
  • Vasilisk
  • Generic
  • Paznos
  • netguy503
  • jdevil99

Normal - Queued
Bold - Info given
Striked - Account deactivated

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Hanmik said:
"and in the far reaches of Europe (Italy) you can hear a person commiting harakiri with a move controller"..

LOL

Well, I was pessimistic to begin with since this demo was put together long before the Move compatibility announcement.

Regarding the asian ps store:

Bought the asian version of Uncharted 2 (game of the year edition) a few weeks ago. I got a voucher with a code w/c can redeem for extra content. My question is since I bought an asian version of the game, do I have to wait until the asian PS store is back in order to redeem my dlc? Also, do I have to have an asian PSN account in order to redeem?

Psykotik

Hydrogen Bluebird said:
Regarding the asian ps store:

Bought the asian version of Uncharted 2 (game of the year edition) a few weeks ago. I got a voucher with a code w/c can redeem for extra content. My question is since I bought an asian version of the game, do I have to wait until the asian PS store is back in order to redeem my dlc? Also, do I have to have an asian PSN account in order to redeem?

the asian stores are already up. just not in hong kong and korea.

you can redeem your DLC from the singapore store and play it on your main account. you'll obviously need to create the singapore account of course.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Metalmurphy said:
Anything with the shop bag icon means the account has been activated i think.

Demos don't have a limit on activation actually. I remember the old GOW3 demo where everyone would just started the dl and then log out right away to speed up the account sharing.

Psykotik said:
the asian stores are already up. just not in hong kong and korea.

you can redeem your DLC from the singapore store and play it on your main account. you'll obviously need to create the singapore account of course.

okay. thanks for answering!

netguy503

Metalmurphy said:
New page:

Ok lets do this properly, I have an account thanks to AwesomeSauce. Lets get a list going and start sharing. After you download the demo you HAVE to deactivate the account. PM me or post if you want it and again once you deactivated the account.

To deactivate go to account management > System activation.

You don't have to wait for the download to finish to deactivate. Just start it.

LIST:
  • Metalmurphy
  • Sidewinder
  • Vasilisk
  • Generic
  • Paznos
  • netguy503

Normal - Queued
Bold - Info given
Striked - Account deactivated

That's not fair. Like I said, I lost a few slots because I was copying the list into my post and formatting it correctly. When I did that I was behind Vasilisk. The other two only got above me because all their posts said was "add me, add me". I guess I should have done that too cause I just got boned. :/

dreamfall

I can't seem to go to the JPSN store. I changed my password for the JPN account, but every time I load the store it shows a message and I have to press circle to back out. Any ideas? I would love to DL this demo!

netguy503 said:
That's not fair. Like I said, I lost a few slots because I was copying the list into my post and formatting it correctly. When I did that I was behind Vasilisk. The other two only got above me because all their posts said was "add me, add me". I guess I should have done that too cause I just got boned. :/

And that's what I asked them to do. Multiple lists only makes it confusing. Either way i already PMed you the info.

AwesomeSauce said:
Demos don't have a limit on activation actually. I remember the old GOW3 demo where everyone would just started the dl and then log out right away to speed up the account sharing.

But the account itself does no?

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Metalmurphy said:
And that's what I asked them to do. Multiple lists only makes it confusing. Either way i already PMed you the info.

But the account itself does no?

The account is a throwaway anyway so it doesn't matter since this account is only for the demo only.

AwesomeSauce said:
The account is a throwaway anyway so it doesn't matter since this account is only for the demo only.
Yeah but once 5 different PS3s have activated content the account other PS3s can't use it, that's why people should deactivate.

275px-CaptFeng.JPG

Welcome to Singapore

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Metalmurphy said:
Yeah but once 5 different PS3s have activated content the account other PS3s can't use it, that's why people should deactivate.

Other people can still log on to the account, but items that have a 5 dl limit cannot be downloaded. Demos and anything else can still be downloaded unlimited amount of times to as many ps3s the account is accessed on.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Metalmurphy said:
Demos don't activate accounts.

A million people can log in and download from this one account.

iNvid02

the O and X buttons are the wrong way round in menus, seems like a really obvious mistake to miss. just started it and it looks uh kinda grey and bland but im holding judgement

edit: singapore PSN, the japan psn is still down. sp account setup is english too

Danhill85

Neo Member
Well, can't say I enjoyed the demo... Hate stupid on rail FPS segments... Framerate was unsteady and the voice acting from the guy steering the boat was just obnoxious.

StuBurns

Banned
iNvidious01 said:
the O and X buttons are the wrong way round in menus, seems like a really obvious mistake to miss. just started it and it looks uh kinda grey and bland but im holding judgement
Asian games reverse them.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Metalmurphy said:

not for demos, deactivating won't hurt anything, but it's not necessary. I'm not certain whether it counts as an activation or not, but there's no limit for demos.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Danhill85 said:
Well, can't say I enjoyed the demo... Hate stupid on rail FPS segments... Framerate was unsteady and the voice acting from the guy steering the boat was just obnoxious.

The demo is the boat section? :-(

KingDizzi

Banned
Danhill85 said:
Sounds magical. Packed away by PS3 and can't be bothered to open it up for this but would love further impressions!

S1kkZ

man, that demo was weak.

-controls are fine
-weapons feels great
-graphics look sub-hd (muddy, blurry)
-the level itself is just boring. the stuff with the goliath torwards the end is nice.
-some framerate issues
-cutscenes look much better (compared to rs2)

cant tell you much more, since all you do is standing on a boat and shoot some enemies.
hated the demo, the trailer that played after finishing it looks much better (the graphics look like a different engine or game, so much nicer).

netguy503

3borgman said:
Made a Dummy account

quote to reveal!

and please dont change the password

this account was fun times. I was trying to sign on so many times and it was an epic struggle. good times. :)

StuBurns

Banned
iNvidious01 said:
http://i.imgur.com/UBCVB.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Not only that, but the PS3 actually has something in the SDK so that you can have the PS3 change them on the fly based on region, it's optional though.

Hanmik

eravulgaris said:
Weird ending for a demo. I get blasted by some rockets, I fall into the water and... It cuts to "September 2010".

damn.. I knew I had tried this game before..

netguy503

Metalmurphy said:
Since there's no limit to activate it just quote this post to see the account info

Thanks to AwesomeSauce

yes. but if we don't have order millions of people will try to be logging onto that account at once and failing because someone is already on/they get kicked off because someone is signing on with the same username. Great. I liked how you were doing it before. At least I got mine already. :)

netguy503 said:
yes. but if we don't have order millions of people will try to be logging onto that account at once and failing because someone is already on/they get kicked off because someone is signing on with the same username. Great. I liked how you were doing it before. At least I got mine already. :)

Use common sense, if you can't login wait a few moments :p

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
netguy503 said:

Gotta be quick mang.

Sign in, download, and get the hell out of there.

Top Bottom