• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ's bankruptcy sale details: Auction on January 22nd, Will Allow Piecemeal Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
They didn't have to be to my knowledge.

Yeah,but buying an IP without the original developer will be a huge waste of money,most of Saints Row fans will most likely not buy the game if its developed by EA Danger Close,publishers should learn from Max Payne 3 and Remedy fans .

Almighty

Obsidian would just find another publisher, that's all.

South Park is fine, that isn't one of their IPs being sold.

I am not worried about South Park not coming out, I know someone will pick it up. I just want to know who and will I have to put up with their new publishers stupid PC DRM/Store crap.

:(

I'll repeat what I said before:

Good Luck, THQ. You did good. Thank you for all the fun times and making my childhood brighter and better every day. Here's hoping the future and current IPs get a great publisher who respects the developers' original vision.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
This one's for you, THQ.

pGRHdtz.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll miss THQ. They were responsible for getting a lot of games I really, really love into my hands. Especially you, Mr. Company of Heroes. <3

Glass Rebel

Truly the end of an era.

THQ wasn't the best but also not the worst publisher for me this gen. They weren't some shining beacon of innovation but you could tell they were constantly trying to keep up with the big dogs and brought us quite a few enjoyable and unique games. They had their heart in the right place and they will be missed.

Apparently the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer is saying that WWE used an escape clause and have already signed with "A leading sports game publisher". But since that's a subscriber newsletter, we have to wait and see if anyone can follow up on that yet.

EA or 2K is probably the best bet on who gets WWE if that one is true.

I subscribe to the site. Here's is what's in the current issue. I think new issues go up on Thursdays so this is probably from 5-6 days ago.

"The future of the WWE video game license will probably be determined very quickly, since the THQ assets will start being put up for sale on 1/22. WWE has some kind of an out deal that allows them to negotiate on its own as far as the new company it’s working with as opposed to its rights being sold on 1/22 in bankruptcy court. They are already in talks and it wouldn’t surprise me to see a new deal announced imminently. Officially, the negotiations are said to be close, but the company they are looking at partnering with hasn’t been revealed."

Would be unbelievable if EA took over the WWE license from THQ, considering EA took over the WCW license from THQ in 1999 when THQ took over the WWF license from Acclaim.

Is there no one in the press who has access to this thing? So much for game's journalism. Where are the connections the major sites claim to have? Times like these is when we should be getting good minute-to-minute coverage.

gabbre

Is there no one in the press who has access to this thing? So much for game's journalism. Where are the connections the major sites claim to have? Times like these is when we should be getting good minute-to-minute coverage.
They're too busy with fake Xbox news

Interfectum

Didn't even think about that but you're right.

sflufan

Banned

You kind of have to be actually let in to the courtroom for that to happen.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

This was a private auction and only creditors and bidders are aloud. Gaming journos are at Delaware covering the sale trial which they are allowed to do.

Polygon says they're gonna liveblog it... But beyond that, isn't the judge only allowing bidders/people directly involved in? I remember reading something to that effect in this thread..

"Bittersweet" is still good, right? Right?

In the end, it is. Bittersweet as in we're getting a new birth by witnessing death.

What scares me is that a lot of developer's original vision may or may not be changed, depending on publisher. A lot of dev teams may or may not be shrunk as well. Some might just buy the IP and sit on it until they feel like making it. Marketing may change as well.

It's a very interesting scenario. I wish all the developers good luck.

Give me a break, dude. The real world of courts and bidness at this level don't give a rat's ass about gaming websites or "games journalism" or appeasing people on message boards.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Polygon says they're gonna liveblog it... But beyond that, isn't the judge only allowing bidders/people directly involved in? I remember reading something to that effect in this thread..

The only people allowed at the auction were the creditors and bidders, which was held at a law office.

The court hearing is public.

the new logo brought bad luck to them.

That reminds me of that time I got a Winnie the Pooh helium balloon and my dad told me to keep it in with my grandmother. A few hours later, I came back for it without my dad knowing and I took the ballon with me. I let go of the balloon thinking it'd float beside me (I should have thought better of it as seven-year old). Instead it just went into the sky and I burst into tears. :'(

Okay, irrelevant, but I get the feeling there's going to be a tear or two shred anyways for THQ. All because it let go of the balloon. :(

Moertel

I think Polygon's Chris Grant is there... or at least he's in DE and trying to get into the thing.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Polygon says they're gonna liveblog it... But beyond that, isn't the judge only allowing bidders/people directly involved in?
Correct. Without someone on the inside, journalists will be in the dark until the judge finalizes and releases his findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom