• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terra Battle 2 |OT| All Hail the Gooch

PsionBolt

Do we know if there's any sort of incentive or bonus for people who played the first game? I never got around to it, but 2 seems like a good jumping-in point, so I might as well make an account in 1 if it'll carry something over.

duckroll

Do we know if there's any sort of incentive or bonus for people who played the first game? I never got around to it, but 2 seems like a good jumping-in point, so I might as well make an account in 1 if it'll carry something over.

So far, I don't think so. It's meant to be a sort of fresh start anyway, since Terra Battle is still continuing to run and will get new content throughout the rest of this year. MATSUNO QUEST is still coming next month!

When I follow the google play store link in the OT I see that my device can't run this application.
Is it because it's not available yet? Or do I have a compatibility issue?

duckroll

When I follow the google play store link in the OT I see that my device can't run this application.

Could just be regional reasons. It'll only be available on the store in US, Canada, and Japan tomorrow. Use a VPN or download an APK.

Could just be regional reasons. It'll only be available on the store in US, Canada, and Japan tomorrow. Use a VPN or download an APK.

Oh okay. Then if I download the APK, I'll be able to use the application like I would have downloaded it from the store? With updates for example.

Visceir

It's definitely a regional restriction. It'll probably be up on Qooapp by the time it launches.

Saw also that it's up on apkpure already, Download Link

Z3M0G

That trailer was amazing. I need to try this.

I thought jpn dub might have been removed for western trailer but gladly there is non in jpn trailer either. (Sorry if Korean)

duckroll

Oh okay. Then if I download the APK, I'll be able to use the application like I would have downloaded it from the store? With updates for example.

If you want to have proper update support from Google Play, I would suggest using VPN (Tunnelbear for example) and maybe a secondary account on your phone just to access the US store and download apps that way. You can still get updates on your normal account once it recognizes that you installed it on your phone from another account. That's what I do.

pronk420

Wait so it’s not releasing in Europe tomorrow? I thought the first one released in Europe and US at the same time?

If you want to have proper update support from Google Play, I would suggest using VPN (Tunnelbear for example) and maybe a secondary account on your phone just to access the US store and download apps that way. You can still get updates on your normal account once it recognizes that you installed it on your phone from another account. That's what I do.

Ok thanks, i'll do that

Quixzlizx

I pre-registered a week or two ago, but I haven't received any e-mails. I just want to make sure they haven't sent out codes or anything that I missed out on.

TGS people are lucky.
DKKRW7kVwAEf_4N.jpg

mjc

Definitely curious to check it out, I haven't played Terra Battle in years now I think but it was fun for awhile. I hope they can keep a stream of content going for it.

Rixa

We have community of GAF people in Discord chat (Click #tb2 channel). If you are interested to talk about TB2 there (or other channels for other games too) hop in.

Channels in "our GAF" Discord chat:

#begeneral -> Mostly Final Fantasy Brave Exvius talk. We talk other stuff too.
#mobilegames -> Gacha "heaven" (or hell) talk around various gacha games. Typically talk goes likes "Download game" to "Reroll game" to "Delete game"
#fgo -> Fate/ Grand Order stuff (more or less)
#feh -> Fire Emblem: Heroes
#d2 -> Destiny 2 talk, mostly cursing how Bungie fucked D2. If you want official D2 talk go to D2 Ot / Discord
#tb2 -> Terra Battle 2 talk

As for Tier lists, I don't know what to expect. But in TB1 healer was a "must" so it might be good for aim healer "Haruhikari".

Visceir

Anyone know/have resources for what to look for in rerolling?

Brand new game with no such info, which actually kinda makes it more exciting. Loads of stuff to explore and discover.

I'm sure altema will have some kind of tier list up by the end of the first day, lol.

I'm sure altema will have some kind of tier list up by the end of the first day, lol.
Hard to tell which Guardian will end up good in a game like Terra Battle.
I mean "Z" ranks will have the raw stats, but in TB1 some As and Bs were overkill over them for a long while.

There's also the fact that equipment will be the bulk of stats and ability aoe now, which completely changes meta.

Then there's Mastery items (like in FF:BE), which adds incentives for other pulls.

All that said, if you only want a Z waifu:

Baliis

I mean "Z" ranks will have the raw stats, but in TB1 some As and Bs were overkill over them for a long while.

There's also the fact that equipment will be the bulk of stats and ability aoe now, which completely changes meta.

Then there's Mastery items (like in FF:BE), which adds incentives for other pulls.

Yea it worked out weird in TB. The Z mages would bloe through low level stuff, but then higher level content was all magic resistant. The DPS Trinity for physical was B/A characters and basically mandatory to have a couple of them to hit DPS checks at points.

mjc

Zmp12Il.gif

docbon

dUC5mAs.png

Sweet! I really enjoyed the first one but my HTC one bit the bullet a long time ago in the middle of the night and I didn’t have any way of transferring my game data, so I stopped. This is the perfect excuse to start all over again.

Verelios

339.png

JC Lately

Ah, so this is up now. First game never really grabbed me, but if this one has actual characters it might draw me in more.

Is there a re-roll guide or is it still too early for that? Want to put my best foot forward.

Alucrid

Banned

were there not enough pre registrations for her to have pants?

I only want a Z waifu.

Hopefully it's not too much of a headache to reroll, I wasn't able to do the JP Twitter thing and I'm only able to use mobile.

if anyone has an alt with a throwaway Twitter, I'd love a waifu

SephLuis

Nothing in my Google Store, so I am downloading the APK.

I just hope the updates are done in the app. It was a pain to reinstall the first game every time they updated it.

Nothing in my Google Store, so I am downloading the APK.

I just hope the updates are done in the app. It was a pain to reinstall the first game every time they updated it.
Depends on your region? I've downloaded plenty of APKs before, living in NA that, that once the app goes live here, all updates are done though the Play Store. Only apps that have required updating through Qooapp or whatever other front have been games that never made it stateside.

Actually legit excited for this. I liked the original a lot, but burned out on the story because of how it was told via narrator.

Love the switch to actual characters this time.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I only want a Z waifu.

Hopefully it's not too much of a headache to reroll, I wasn't able to do the JP Twitter thing and I'm only able to use mobile.

if anyone has an alt with a throwaway Twitter, I'd love a waifu

Is there any idea on how rerolling will work and who to reroll for yet?

frozencool

Neo Member
I really wanna try this but two somewhat related things are keeping me from it.
1) my gaming time gives me time for one mobage and Granblue Fantasy is that one right now

2) I tried TB1 but fell off after a while. While the setting, art style, story and music were all at the peak for me I simply became bored of the combat. It was perfectly fine in how it worked but I just couldn't get past the rather basic presentation. I was really hyped up for that graphical update with units actually being rendered on the board and such however, did that ever happen?

I really do feel bad for feeling this way cause I love the Gooch but I can't stay with something unless it has that little bit of visual flourish I want. Granblue just has that perfect amount of flashiness without wasting too much time and I hope somehow some way Terra Battle 2 gets to that level. In the mean time... back to the skies I goooooo.

chrono01

One hour remains!

...Unless we get hit by unexpected maintenance. :/

Edit:

In-regards to the pre-registration (DMM) code, I logged into the campaign website and saw this mentioned:

"シリアル発行準備中です。しばらくお待ちください。

シリアル発行が完了後、公式twitterにてご連絡します。"

So it sounds like they'll inform us on Twitter, and then we check the campaign website (and log into the account with the pulled character) to retrieve the code.

Has anyone that has tried it have had the sound in the intro video sound really low? I had to turn my sound all the way up just to hear it and even then it was really low.

duckroll

Intro sound is fucked and it seems to be downloading 453963458934653 files. Got through the tutorial, then got the Login Bonus and got another connection error. Now it's stuck on loading. Lol. Oh well, will play later.

Top Bottom