• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games are you hoping to purchase for cheap Black Friday?

None. Seriously. Im happy with the games I have to play right now, I nice thick backlog and a PC that can play 2-3 games at once. I'm prolly good till 2019.

If Shadow of War drops to ~$25 on PS4, I might go for it, but I'm not expecting it to go quite that low. Mario + Rabbids is another one I'd like, but it would have to be eShop (all digital on my Switch) and it'd have to be ~$35 which I don't see happening since it's in partnership with Nintendo. I know Ubi games tend to discount pretty nicely but I'm not sure it'll be treated like an Ubi game when it comes to discounting.

Otherwise, been full price and day 1 on most things I've wanted this year. For myself, enthusiasm for videogames is still running pretty high at an all-time peak coming out of 2016 and rolling into this year. Hype doesn't even feel the same anymore, it generally feels so constant for me nowadays.

tootie923

The Evil Within 2
Dishonored: Billie Edition (sub-$20 hopefully)
Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 - this one never seems to go under $20 unless it's GCU or something.
Many PSN titles (Night in the Woods, Little Nightmares, Kona, Get Even, Hellblade, Rime).

Qwark

Gravity Rush 2 for me also, do you think it will be on sale? I remember hearing about a small print run. Still hope for PSN sale I guess.
Otherwise, Nioh, RE7, Injustice 2, Fire Emblem Echoes. That might be about it.

Duxxy3

Hmmm...

Destiny 2. Assassins Creed. Nier. Nioh.

Probably PC for all, unless the console versions are just super cheap.

If the B2G1 from Best Buy happens first, nothing. If it doesn't, then probably Bethesda's games (Doom, Skyrim Switch, TEW2) and/or Mario + Rabbids.

MarioxRabbids, Zelda BOTW Switch, Mario Kart 8 deluxe, Pokken Deluxe. I'm not buying the last 3 unless they are on sale since I have them on Wii U, not worth paying full price.

Pantz

Gold Member
Lookin for good deals on stuff I didn't pick up last year and some ultimate/goty editions released since then. Stuff like Battlefield 1, Ghost Recon WIldlands, Watch Dogs 2, Mafia III, Fallout 4 GOTY, Pillars of Eternity Complete, Witcher 3 complete, Diablo 3 Ultimate, etc.

Also on the lookout for PS4 exclusives/console exclusives that I don't have including all the anime games at good prices.

Also on the lookout for any and all games what will have nice upgrades on my new Xbox One X.

Will probably pick up a few Steam games if at new high record discounts.

Lastly, kind of hoping to get a gtx 1080...but I'm not sure if they really get much deals on Black Friday.

I'm going to shop wisely because If i remember correctly Best Buy's B2G1F sale comes after Black Friday and factoring in GCU, many prices were better than the Black Friday sales.

Ooccoo

Most of the games I haven't been able to play so far this year and waiting for a sale. Also a couple of games I want in my collection:

Prey
Nioh
Fallout 4 GOTY (been waiting all this time for the complete version)
Alien: isolation
Rise of the Tomb Raider (already deeply discounted I know)
Nier: Automata
Skyrim SE
World of Final Fantasy
Bioshock Collection
Diablo 3 UEV (if the price if REALLY low)
Yakuza 0
Titanfall 2

There's also Horizon Complete, but it's in December I think

I have a 286 game wish list on Steam so I'll have to take a look there. On GOG probably like 80.

But probably Ruiner and Cuphead for starters.

Oh and Origin if they have a good Battlefield 1 deluxe I could bite on that.

Memles

Mario & Rabbids was the only major Switch release this year that I didn't manage to pre-order with Best Buy's Visa Checkout deal (since it hadn't been revealed at the time), so that's at the top of my list. And my backlog says I'm not allowed to buy anything else.

dreamfall

Black Friday is always my WWE sale - hoping for $29.99 like always. Definitely can’t wait for some of the buy 2 get 1 free shenanigans before Black Friday. I also want to pick up Shadow of War at some point!

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
Ever Oasis
Hey Pikmin
Miitopia
Mario Party: Star Rush
Super Mario Maker 3DS
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Arms

Gravity Rush 2 for me also, do you think it will be on sale? I remember hearing about a small print run. Still hope for PSN sale I guess.
Otherwise, Nioh, RE7, Injustice 2, Fire Emblem Echoes. That might be about it.
It has been on sale physical and digital already. So, you should be fine.

BlondeTuna

Nier Automata
FFXII
The Evil Within 2
Wolfenstein 2
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe but I know it won’t happen.

Gaardus

Absolute Dream Scenario: B2G1 3DS Games @ Best Buy, Pokemon USUM + Culdcept.

I'm pretty sure BB's B2G1 Nintendo sale actually did include preorders one year
for a few hours
, so there's some hope for Pokemon, but Culdcept wasn't published by Nintendo, so...

MCD250

It's all about the surprise tbh. I remember I got Shadow of Mordor for like 50% off during the BF sale that PSN was having that year. It was pretty unexpected for me since the game had come out like the month before or something. I'm hoping I can find something cool and out of left field like that this year.

It's unlikely to get a price drop, but if Chaos;Child was to be on a good sale I'd happily spring for it.

Otherwise, I'm looking for Yakuza 0, Utawarerumono Mask of Deception (and also Mask of Truth if possible) and also hopefully Final Fantasy XII / XV.

Picking up a XBO X, so would love a crazy deal on GOW4, ReCore, Halo 5, FH2, etc. A 20-30 dollar Evil Within 2 would be lovely. The thing that sucks is that I VASTLY prefer all digital, which I never thought would happen, but damn... having games just sitting on your system ready to go as your sloth ass lays on the couch is soooo convenient! And the best BF sales are easily for physical copies. :(

A decent deal on Death of the Outsider would be solid as well!

Too soon after launch to affect Skyrim or LA Noire on Switch, but I'll be keeping an eye on Fire Emblem Echoes, given the crazy circumstance on the 3DS of FE games coming out faster than I could thoroughly play them.

Good time to grab a high-capacity microSD for the Switch, too, as my indie library is already pushing up against the onboard storage.

Not really waiting for much on Steam this year; I have maybe five or six games on the wish list and half of them are remasters from the nineties.

J@hranimo

Banned
I'm probably gonna need a Micro SD Card. Gonna try and hold out not getting one for the Switch as long as possible until then!

JustJavi

We don't really have a proper black friday here. Does Steam usually discount games for black friday? (sorry for my ignorance,just started using it this year)

Hoping I can get Wolfenstein (first one) for sure, possibly wolfenstein 2. Shadow of Mordor and Splatoon 2 would be great as well. I have a few games I need to get through though so who knows.

More looking for movies I think.

Im not a bg black froday person, but id love to see some indies on an insane deal.

I feel like indies dont really appear in bf deals on consoles

Falchion

Nier Automata
Persona 5
Final Fantasy XV Complete Edition
Agents of Mayhem
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Gravity Rush 2

I use Black Friday to stock up on games for the next several months. Hoping to score deals on Horizon Zero Dawn, Yakuza 0/Kiwami, and (if I can stand to wait) Wolfenstein 2. Maybe FFXV or South Park if the price is right. Threre are usually a couple of bargin bin game and Blu-Ray surprises I'll snag as well.

I would also consider finally getting a PS VR if there is a killer bundle available somewhere.

Top Bottom