• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread |OT2| All Riffs, No Gifs

Rocksmith 2014 is the best thing you can buy if you're a guitar player on a budget. I haven't really even started playing with the actual game because I have been messing around with the tone editor. It has pre-sets for all of the real world tones for all of the songs in the game, and it gives you the components used to create these tones, and it lets you mess around with the set-up and create your own sound. That alone is worth the $50 I paid for the game....it has turned my PS3 into my regular amp. It helps that I have a great sound system though, I wouldn't plug it into shitty speakers and expect it to be awesome. I'm playing with all kinds of tones though, they have everything here. They have Slayer, Pantera and Iron Maiden in the base track list, so that is some good metal to work with right there.....and the list of components is deep.

I second this recommendation. It's a great tool for learning songs and working on your chops a little.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I remember the days when people learned how to play on a squier/rg and a crate with a metal zone. You kids and your nintendo tapes.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Yesterday, my neighbor called the cops because I was listening to
logosla4aqabm1.gif
too loud.
They arrested him.

friday

Disma-Towards the Megalith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8olZF-oMryI

Just stumbled upon this album. I'm enjoying it. Not groundbreaking, but well done enough. If you enjoy it, glad I could help.

Yeah man, that is a fun one to listen to every once in a while.

Fuck guys, I have never listened to YOB but now I super dig them. I have been in listening to a lot of black/thrash/Gojira lately so all this good Doom stuff has been a good contrast.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Is it YOB or Yob, I don't even know. Anyway be sure to listen to Burning the Altar. That one's a doozie!

Dear MetalGAF,

Tonight, ShaneB introduced me to some of the genre staples for the first time. Imagine, at the age of 33, listening to Megadeth's "Rust In Peace" for the first time and having your face melted. I finished the opener, "Holy Wars...the Punishment Due," and immediately started it over from the beginning. That is one of the most insane tracks I've ever heard in my life. Imagine finding out that Metallica kicked this dude out of their band.

"Theeeeey kiiiiilled my wiiiiife and my baaaaaby, with hooopes to enslave meeee. First mistake, LAST MISTAKE!"

Imagine hearing Dio-era Black Sabbath for the first time.

Imagine listening to Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" with your virgin ears.

It's okay to be jealous.

FYC

Banned
IQC9WCv.jpg

New Jersey thrash metal veterans OVERKILL will release their new album, "White Devil Armory", in July in North America via eOne Music and in Europe through Nuclear Blast Records. The effort was tracked at Gear Recording and will be mixed by Greg Reely, who also worked on 2012's "The Electric Age".

"White Devil Armory" track listing:

01. Freedom Rings
02. Where There's Smoke...
03. Pig
04. Amorist
05. Down To The Bone
06. Bitter Pill
07. King Of The Rat Bastards
08. Another Day To Die
09. It's All Yours
10. In The Name

The cover artwork for "White Devil Armory" can be seen below.

Said OVERKILL in a statement: "We are still working on the new record, but this is gonna be worth the wait, with more old-school, face-melting thrash!"

Speaking to Steppin' Out magazine, OVERKILL vocalist Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth stated about the band's upcoming album: "The new record has a blend of what we've done over the past half decade. I'm noticing it's a more punchy heavy metal record with more dimension than the last record had. Where is it going to end up on the food chain? I really don't know. But my feeling is it's an eclectic collection of moments from us. 'The Electric Age' came across, to me, as kind of a two-dimensional thrash record. This one is punchy but has a whole different bunch of ways to go and things to hear on it."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex...k-track-listing-unveiled/#CfsSw6xYbIPtbVCY.99

YOOOOOOOOOOOOO OVERKILL

Believe me, I've put off or somehow ignored bands that I should of listened to a long time ago. For example, I still can't believe I really started listening to Bathory just last year. Really, the first time is sometimes the best.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
New Overkill? Nice. I had written them off years ago, because they kind of sucked for 20 years (from early 1990's to late 2000's), but they've truly come back since 2010 with the excellent Ironbound and Electric Age, so I'm looking forward to their new album.

Priest? Not so much. Angel of Retribution was decent, but I almost never listen to it compared to the much superior classics, and Nostradamus was complete garbage. Who knows, they may surprise me yet...

Yeah, I read about this, and isn't it still considered unconfirmed at this point? I hope it's not true, of course. The manager of the band is suppose to issue a statement addressing his "death". Hope it's good news.

I didn't listen to GWAR all that much (if very little beyond the time I enjoyed some of their music in my early days listening to Metal), but it's still awful if it happened. I hope his "death" turns out to be false.

Jordoon

New Cormorant album Earth Diver availible for pre-order today, releases on April 8th.

NhjF1Ew.jpg

If you haven't heard them you should check them out. Sort of a doomy death sound. Only two tracks availible to listen right now but its sounding like their best release yet.

Oh yeah! I forgot they covered it. I like them a lot and was really bummed I had to miss their tour with Korpiklaani a few years ago. I know it's another cover of a very old song, but I love their version of the Wild Rover. I love to have a beer and listen to that track.

Flynn

New Cormorant album Earth Diver availible for pre-order today, releases on April 8th.

If you haven't heard them you should check them out. Sort of a doomy death sound. Only two tracks availible to listen right now but its sounding like their best release yet.

I am definitely missing Arthur.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
At The Foot Of Mt. Driskill is great. The whole album actually has this mellow drone doom atmosphere going that is soothing and heavy at the same time. Fuck, Thou is awesome.
It even has a bit of a 90s-sound going on. Defiance of the Sages is like a super-evil Melvins song.

Ushiwaka

NhjF1Ew.jpg

That is one mind blowing album art. wow.

Top Bottom