• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone ever tried Minoxidil for beard growth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzy

Here's a new update: I restarted using this stuff after stopping for the summer. First day I used it, I definitely got the side effect of the weird heart beat. May of put too much. Second day I woke up with a very weird feeling in my head. Not a headache, but kind of dizzy and just felt out of it the whole day. Today is my third day and felt that way today as well, though not as much as yesterday. Also no weird heart beats or anything like that. Kinda of weird, because the first time I used this stuff for three weeks, I didnt really get any sides at all. Maybe it's just this hot ass weather playing tricks on me. Gonna try it for a few more days and see if the head stuff clears up. If not, then I'll just stop using it for good.

How much are you putting on? 1ml per day?

Hydrus

How much are you putting on? 1ml per day?

Nope. I was using way less. Like .3 ml per day. Just one time at night a few hours before bed. I had to stop after a week. I think that stuff was seriously messing with my blood pressure. I think that's why I was feeling really off. I did see like 4 or 5 new, thin black hairs sprout out recently where my connectors should be. It was completely bald there before. Pretty cool.

I might try one last time. This time only putting a few drops on the parts I need to fill in. I was putting it all over my cheeks before.

I didn't know there was a thread for this :D

I've been using minoxidil for about 6 months now and I can tell you it works. At least it's working for me.
Before, I was able to grow hair on the neck, jawline and moustache but nothing to write home about. Hair on my chin was patchy and it was nonexistent on my cheeks. The hair on the areas where it already grew is now much darker and dense too, it also grows faster.

After the first month I started noticing a lot of new vellus hairs growing on my chin. As time passes by it's becoming much darker and thicker.
After 4 months new hair started growing on my cheeks and just like the chin hair, it's now darker and more abundant.
Now that 6 months have passed I made a lot of "gains". I have an ok beard now except for the hair that usually connects the moustache to the rest of the beard, that is still in "baby phase".
The goal now is to keep growing as much new hair on the cheeks as possible as well as keep stimulating the folicules until all the vellus hair becomes terminal, which is the process that takes the longest from what I've read.

As for side effects, no, I haven't lost hair from my head and I've not experienced low blood preasure whatsoever.
I did grow more hair on my forearms and hands, but not to the level that it becomes bothersome. Also new vellus hair on my chest, which I might as well keep. Something interesting is that my eyelashes grew as well, now girls compliment me on them lol.
Aside from that, the normal dry, itchy skin in the areas where minoxidil is applied, but it's tolerable.

Hydrus

I didn't know there was a thread for this :D

I've been using minoxidil for about 6 months now and I can tell you it works. At least it's working for me.
Before, I was able to grow hair on the neck, jawline and moustache but nothing to write home about. Hair on my chin was patchy and it was nonexistent on my cheeks. The hair on the areas where it already grew is now much darker and dense too, it also grows faster.

After the first month I started noticing a lot of new vellus hairs growing on my chin. As time passes by it's becoming much darker and thicker.
After 4 months new hair started growing on my cheeks and just like the chin hair, it's now darker and more abundant.
Now that 6 months have passed I made a lot of "gains". I have an ok beard now except for the hair that usually connects the moustache to the rest of the beard, that is still in "baby phase".
The goal now is to keep growing as much new hair on the cheeks as possible as well as keep stimulating the folicules until all the vellus hair becomes terminal, which is the process that takes the longest from what I've read.

As for side effects, no, I haven't lost hair from my head and I've not experienced low blood preasure whatsoever.
I did grow more hair on my forearms and hands, but not to the level that it becomes bothersome. Also new vellus hair on my chest, which I might as well keep. Something interesting is that my eyelashes grew as well, now girls compliment me on them lol.
Aside from that, the normal dry, itchy skin in the areas where minoxidil is applied, but it's tolerable.

That's cool to hear. How much do you put on and how often? And yea I can say this stuff does work. I only used it for a week recently and I had atleast 4-5 thin, black vellus hair pop out on one spot. Didnt happen right away. I noticed it after about 3 weeks.

That's cool to hear. How much do you put on and how often? And yea I can say this stuff does work. I only used it for a week recently and I had atleast 4-5 thin, black vellus hair pop out on one spot. Didnt happen right away. I noticed it after about 3 weeks.
I apply 1mL twice a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom