• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sears Clearance - $0.97 notable current gen games

impact

Banned
Did you ring them up? The 2 games I ever bought anything at Sears, I had to get them to ring up the games to find the true clearance prices. Not saying they're 97 cents but I never trust their tags

Nothing really I'd want to even try tbh. RAGE was $20 but I heard bad things about the PS3 version. Didn't see any CoD/GoW/AC or anything in the clearance section either. They had a bunch of Heavy Rain but I don't like games with no gameplay.

Magnus

Just checked a Sears in Toronto, was in the mall anyway.

Metroid Other M is $60.

Clearance sale does not live here, lol.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
False. My sears said this is not happening anywhere and a receipt must have been photoshopped
Clearly! You've seen a few in your day, I take it.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I should also note that everything I found was in a big rolling shelf rack. There were a few games still in their lockups, mainly releases from the past few months, but I was told those wouldn't have very much off yet.

DarthWoo

Sorry, guess this one just isn't very widespread. It's like the time I found a $30 (orig. $130ish) Sony digital camera at the nearby Kmart and went to post about it on Fatwallet, only for it to turn out that apparently that was the ONLY Kmart that was clearancing them out.

Just checked a Sears in Toronto, was in the mall anyway.

Metroid Other M is $60.

Clearance sale does not live here, lol.

I've seen that game for $5 at cheapest in Toronto lol. I got so happy when I saw the thread but then disappointed when I realized we aren't part of this awesome sale. At least you saved me the trip

Captain N

Didn't want anyone to think I was sending them on a snipe hunt, so here's my receipt from today.

001.jpg

I live right next to there! I work in Oaks. Gonna swing by on my ride home.

Moofers

OP, none of the games were marked as $0.97 but they rang up that way at the register? So what were they marked when you picked them out?

Also, is there a list somewhere of games that will ring up this way? I'd hate to go to Sears only to see that mine is still as unrealistically priced as ever.

Eusis

A Sears is close by, but given my luck in the past I don't care to bother that much. If I was still in PA though I'd definitely take a look.

I can't help but wonder what this is a bad indication for? Sears had always carried games for as long as I remember, so the idea that they'll just drop them seems kind of foreboding. It gives me the impression the game market is becoming less worthwhile for retailers to bother with, though perhaps it's just that SEARS really isn't relevant there at all like they were in the 80s and 90s, and you have stores like Target and BestBuy filling that non-Walmart/GameStop niche now.

DarthWoo

OP, none of the games were marked as $0.97 but they rang up that way at the register? So what were they marked when you picked them out?

Also, is there a list somewhere of games that will ring up this way? I'd hate to go to Sears only to see that mine is still as unrealistically priced as ever.

AC:B was marked $24.97, CoD $29.97, GoW III $19.97, Heavy Rain $19.97, and SMG was not marked at all, but was a Nintendo Selects package. I don't think a list can really be made, as this is turning out to be very store-specific.

Korosenai

I called my local sears and they rang up both mario galaxy and mario galaxy 2 for me

Mario galaxy 1 - $30

Mario galaxy 2 - $25

Moofers

AC:B was marked $24.97, CoD $29.97, GoW III $19.97, Heavy Rain $19.97, and SMG was not marked at all, but was a Nintendo Selects package. I don't think a list can really be made, as this is turning out to be very store-specific.

Ok, thanks a lot! I guess the best way to do this is to pick out some games and ask the clerk to do a price-check.

Grymm

Banned
Sears clearance sales are killing the industry.

Next gen consoles to block games bought from Sears clearance sales.

Dev goes out of business, blames Sears and their clearance sales.

giggas

Exton mall is really close to where I work. I might head there tomorrow for lunch. I pray for greatness, thanks OP.

Sanic

I can corroborate that Darthwoo is correct in everything he has said in this thread but, as of now, this is very much YMMV

250 GB Xbox slim HDs are $20, not sure if that's been mentioned yet.

Just went to the one in St. Louis, MO.

Not much luck. A few copies of Dead Space 1/2 and LittleBigPlanet GOTY edition where my best finds. 90% of the game inventory left was Guitar Hero variants of some sort or another.

Raoh

Sears on fordham road in the Bronx stopped selling games months ago.

Unless you need a screwdriver, a new fridge and a pair of work boots the sears by me is useless.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Wow OP I used to live in that area

Would go to that mall all the time

Vlaphor

I can confirm that none of these deals are going on in the Topeka, KS sears. At least, not on Heavy Rain or God Of War III

No luck at my SEARS, they still even had a damn PSP 2000 Madden 2009 bundle. The guy there was cool though, told me to check back at the end of the month.

I seriously can't believe .97 cent games. They would clear them all out in a day at $10 even. Not that I think the OP is full of shit and faked a receipt, but I wonder if someone at his store fucked up or something.

Everything at my store was marked for clearance and was marked $XX.97.

Yeah, these were the exact marked clearance prices for me. No .97 bin.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
To be fair, Sears rarely updates their price tags. Those 97 cent games were most likely sitting with a high price tag or even no tags at all. Also, who buys games at Sears?

Edit: Just saw the prices...yeah. I guess it could be an error still though

To be fair, Sears rarely updates their price tags. Those 97 cent games were most likely sitting with a high price tag or even no tags at all. Also, who buys games at Sears?

Edit: Just saw the prices...yeah. I guess it could be an error still though

He said they had different price tags, but were in a bin marked 97 cents and rang up as such.

Went to the Sears near my house. There is a lot of Gears of War on clearance. Rang up Heavy Rain at $19.97 and Dead Space LE at $24.97. No luck. They still had new games on the hanging racks at MSRP. Left super disappointed. =( I guess it was only in PA then. Anyone else gotten them for 97 cents? Forgot to mention. Clearance prices rang up as marked. Sigh

Top Bottom