• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation storefront on iOS reveals Uncharted the Nathan Drake collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsetrez

A separate team ported them, no games were put on hold to make them, you are still getting new games this is just an extra set of games.
Does it matter? This still takes money, people, and attention away from new games. Things don't exist in a vacuum. Look at the dearth of new AAA games this gen in comparison to any previous gen. Obviously it's endemic to a larger problem dealing with the economics of AAA development now, but at the end of the day we're just consumers, and if we think it sucks, we are allowed to be disappointed.

I wonder how 343 will manage to fuck this up too.

Well this is my favorite comment on GAF ever.

Does it matter? This still takes money, people, and attention away from new games. Things don't exist in a vacuum.

You're right they don't exist in a vacuum. Disregarding the fact that most of these newgen remasters are farmed out to companies that wouldn't be making original games anyway, remasters bring in easy money that can be used to fund insanely expensive AAA development and can build hype - think of all the Playstation 4 owners that are new to Sony consoles. I think those people would be more likely to get the latest Uncharted after playing three (or four) games they presumably liked.

Rephin

I'm all in. At least I won't have to dig out my PS3 to play the other games before Uncharted 4 comes out, now.

People complaining about remasters are hilarious. With the switch to x86, it's highly likely that future consoles are going to be backwards compatible with PS4/XB1 games. So a remaster now means that we'll most likely be able to play these games in the future without having to dig out old consoles.

Besides, not everyone had a chance to play these amazing games last gen.
Logical points like this are wasted on the remaster haters, like the fact they almost never affect future game production or at worst actually help the devs get used to the hardware or adapt their game engines.

All the haters seem to only focus on ' I have already played this, remasters are the worst thing of this gen!!!1!'

Toki767

Does it matter? This still takes money, people, and attention away from new games. Things don't exist in a vacuum. Look at the dearth of new AAA games this gen in comparison to any previous gen. Obviously it's endemic to a larger problem dealing with the economics of AAA development now, but at the end of the day we're just consumers, and if we think it sucks, we are allowed to be disappointed.

When was the last time Bluepoint made a new game?

I'll wait while you think of something.

bombshell

It's almost certain Bluepoint

rmUT7LH.png

Best case scenario, when it's not ND themselves. It should be good ports then.

Blue_Moon

Neo Member
Kind of curious how much changes aside from visual touch ups, if anything. The first Uncharted is pretty rough to go back to.

If thIs is in fact the remaster, then I know for sure they'll go back to drakes fortune and fix the screen tearing it had, which is awesome.

barit

Yeah right as if one the biggest games this year wasn't revealed yesterday. And what do you think a studio like Bluepoint would make meanwhile when not Remasters and HD collection? And you really saying that too many games and choices for consumers is a bad thing now? Lol nobody is forced to buy these games. Smh

I have a feeling this wont include multiplayers...and I will disappointed

And if it does, UC2 will be 1.04....and I will disappointed

nded

Yeah, I'm also pissed that all these Criterion releases are taking money and manpower away from new movies.

Huggers

What's wrong with 'The Nathan Drake Collection'? Awesome name.

I'll pick this up for the 2nd one which is comfortably the best of the trilogy. Such a beautiful game

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
If they're calling it the Nathan Drake collection, doesn't that sort of point toward Uncharted 4 being the end of Drake's part in the series? Or what if part four pulls a MGS2 on us and Drake gets killed of for a new protagonist?

Pls speculate wildly with me.

oti

Banned
Now I only have to play Beyond and maybe give Red Dead a third try and I can get rid of my PS3. Still waiting for the Kingdom Hearts HD PS4 announcements though.

Shin-Ra

Uncharted 2 and 3 multiplayer trophies were pretty awful so I hope they're in a separate list together.

Drake's Fortune trophies
Among Thieves trophies
Drake's Deception trophies
Multiplayer trophies

It's a team that does remasters, not every dev has money to make AAA games so they have to make money somewhere else...

It has nothing to do with the economics of making a new game, they are just capitalising on people who have switched from 360, people who never had a PS3 or people like me who really want to play them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom