• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lawbreakers dropped to 10 users online.

There are like 50 times as many posts in this thread as people playing this game. :)

I don't get the hate for this game. I mean multiplayer games are not my cup of tea (aside form occasional COD) but Lawbreakers beta was significantly better than Battlefront 2 beta...

TheYanger

There are like 50 times as many posts in this thread as people playing this game. :)

I don't get the hate for this game. I mean multiplayer games are not my cup of tea (aside form occasional COD) but Lawbreakers beta was significantly better than Battlefront 2 beta...

I mean...they're not that similar of games to begin with besides being shooters, and one of them is Star Wars. I don't think Lawbreakers evokes hate from basically anyone, just apathy.

Battleborn, there's a game that evoked actual hate.

E92 M3

You guys can't imagine how much I hate 1.4 - it changed everything I loved about the game. And for what?!

I think 1.4 is a huge problem for them now.

I mean...they're not that similar of games to begin with besides being shooters, and one of them is Star Wars. I don't think Lawbreakers evokes hate from basically anyone, just apathy.

Battleborn, there's a game that evoked actual hate.

I meant from personal enjoyment point of view... But, yeah, we can all agree that Battleborn is actually crap. (Isn't it free now?) :)

Mr Moose

I played the closed and the open beta, I tried to like it, I just didn't.

It's priced OK if you liked it, though with this many people? No point any more. (I played it on PS4 during the betas and had no problem connecting with full teams, though I did have to change to US server by pressing triangle or whatever because it was late as f in the UK/EU).

I didn't like any of the characters, my "favourite" was the gunslinger guy, and I didn't like him/them all that much either.

The game came out at the wrong time, doing the wrong things.

Falk

that puzzling face

dugdug

Banned
Kinda weird that Cliff doesn’t even promote the game. Can’t even be bothered to retweet the main LB account’s announcements.

Inviusx

If they can rejig it into a F2P game they might have a chance but I don't even think that will save it (it didn't work for Evolve).

ramuh

Maybe because it felt SO fast paced, the concepts was nice in theory. Didn't feel like you had a chance to catch your breath. Guess I'm to old for that super twitchy kinda gameplay.

jg4xchamp

What are you talking about? This game started out with an extremely bad player count. There were a lot of mis-step before the game was even released.

Okay, Where in my post am I denying that the player count was ever not an issue? I said it's a shame, because the game is good, because it is. You can absolutely be a good game and not draw an audience, that's not unheard of.

Jobbs

Banned
Back to the drawing board, Cliff.

And when you go back to it, don't draw more stuff like this.

yWAGlkD.png

This is the problem. This. Find someone with a better art vision to direct the art. It'll make a huge difference.

ShogunX

Poor Cliffy, he doesn't deserve this. :(

He kind of does though. He got rich through Oculus and came back one serious arrogant fucker. Talk of billion dollar ip's, the dark souls of shooters, ''skilled as fuck'', Tarantino esque character designs.. not to mention insulting the ''salty'' Xbox fans, the same fans who put him on the map.

Somehow despite previous success he missed the memo about appealing first and foremost to the casual player and then you build from that foundation to appeal to the more hardcore players. Instead they went all in for the latter and it sunk the game from the off. Not many enjoy elitist talk and marketing especially when the one doing it is a 42 year old man.

weltalldx

yWAGlkD.png

This is the problem. This. Find someone with a better art vision to direct the art. It'll make a huge difference.

I am not quite sure who the target audience is with this picture? Maybe that is their problem, they were targeting a middle-age audience.

Just hopped on my ps4 and played 2 matches. The first match was found in 3 seconds. Guess the numbers aren't as bad as this thread made me think they would be. Took a break to use the washroom. Gonna play a few more before going to bed

TheYanger

He kind of does though. He got rich through Oculus and came back one serious arrogant fucker. Talk of billion dollar ip's, the dark souls of shooters, ''skilled as fuck'', Tarantino esque character designs.. not to mention insulting the ''salty'' Xbox fans, the same fans who put him on the map.

Somehow despite previous success he missed the memo about appealing first and foremost to the casual player and then you build from that foundation to appeal to the more hardcore players. Instead they went all in for the latter and it sunk the game from the off. Not many enjoy elitist talk and marketing especially when the one doing it is a 42 year old man.

Rich through Oculus? Cliffy B was rich before Oculus even existed.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

yWAGlkD.png

Is that real promo art?
But yeah, the art direction hasn't helped this game.

I hope the team can bounce back.

ShdwDrake

Banned
nUNVWJh.png

Only GAF gives a shit about tacked on singleplayer campaigns

Yeah look at the level of fall off from game to game. What reason would anyone have to play lawbreakers if they are already invested in another online multiplayer experience? ESPECIALLY on PC?

Phased

Not even counting the CliffyB stuff, there was thousands playing it at one point, why aren't they still?

R6 Siege got off to a rough start too with a fair bit of negativity, but positive word of mouth and consistent good patches have given that game surprising staying power.

People stopped playing Lawbreakers extremely fast and despite seeing so many people praise the gameplay, they all stopped playing it too.

Betty

Banned
Not even counting the CliffyB stuff, there was thousands playing it at one point, why aren't they still?

R6 Siege got off to a rough start too with a fair bit of negativity, but positive word of mouth and consistent good patches have given that game surprising staying power.

People stopped playing Lawbreakers extremely fast and despite seeing so many people praise the gameplay, they all stopped playing it too.

PUBG probably.

Lack of enthusiasm or newcomers maybe.

Negative press.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The thing is, of ALL genres in gaming, Arena shooters have seen the largest resurgence with the likes of Overwatch, Drawn to Death etc.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The multiplayer only business is cutthroat. If you dont do things the right way you fail. Doesn't matter if someone like Cliffy made it.

Another quickly found match that I just finished..... waiting for next one to start and I'm really wondering what the player count is on PS4 compared to pc. I wouldn't be surprised if it is much bigger. Otherwise I wouldn't expect to be finding games this easy.

ShdwDrake

Banned
How? I honestly don't get it and how that picture is supposed to show that. I can give you edgy at best with the cursing and "skilled AF". Though even with the cursing I don't understand GAF:s fascination about it. We have people here who curse in academic papers and then wonder why they got an F. And I once pointed out to OP that was very liberally throwing curse words around and I was met with responses of "we are all adults here, there's nothing wrong with swearing". And I also see the abbreviation AF used all the time, unironically.

This is the thing. And this is 100% me. As a black guy looking at the marketing for this online only game they are seemingly directly marketing to a demographic of people that I don't want to play online games with. The online games I play now are toxic enough.

Let me elaborate in Paragon you get alotta good job pings and people saying your entire family should die. Some multiplayer games draw a crowd where I have to be called a nigger every 5 secs.

I'm not saying this is what the GAF means when they say dudebro but it's what I mean.

Destiny 2 came out right after for me which is why I stopped lawbreakers. Forgot about it till this thread and now that i sold destiny 2 I need another fast paced shooter to be in my rotation

BasilZero

I've never played Lawbreakers and dont really have any interest in it since its a MP/online Mp game and I'm more into SP games.

But its really sad seeing news like this, feel bad for the people who worked on the game only to experience scenarios such as this.

Vibranium

Banned
My best advice for Cliff would be to make a single-player game after his team is done supporting Lawbreakers (props to them being dedicated to updating it for the long haul).

If he made his own Doom-styled game (whether it was a FPS, TPS or action/adventure) with crazy action, enemies, weapons and setpieces I think it would be more than moderately successful.

Top Bottom