• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeRahl

Do you think it is beneficial to The_Donald or makes them look insane half of their 'Hot' threads are about some crazy Slush Fund conspiracy, seeing as it's exactly what have the posts seem to indicate they want?

FiggyCal

Banned
The dream is over, fams :(

I only heard back from one grad school and it was a rejection. I'm pretty sure it's a continued descent downhill from here.

Our president has the best brain.

C6BbyfTVMAAWl6W.jpg

C6Bb0DgVUAAOKFa.jpg

C6Bb2DdU4AE5gAJ.jpg

Aw, beaten but mine has pictures.

Is that really the best Bannon and co can think of to try and redirect attention? Oh, it'll play well with their base, but it looks petty and suspicious to everyone else

Donald "I have no stamina for this job" Trump is heading to his resort again this weekend. Another 3 million dollar bill for taxpayers.

I wonder when they'll realize the issue with Sessions isn't necessarily that he met with Russians, but that he lied under oath. The latter is 100% the biggest issue here, not just meeting with Russians.

Renji_11

So we still need candidates in Virginia House of Delegates. I've highlighted the districts where Warner got over 40% of the vote:

We should compete in these districts.

HD-99 (41% Mark Warner district; King George, Westmoreland, Northumberland, Lancaster, Richmond and Caroline Counties): No Democrats currently running against Del. Margaret Ransone (R)

I am from this area (live in Nova now) and yeah Democrats aren't winning here but somebody should run anyway I guess.

FyreWulff

Trump's response is to point at pictures of people standing near Putin in their official capacity as reps during a Putin state visit?

dude literally saw the pics of people being near each other and think that's all it's about lmao

Teggy

Constituent complains to actual US congressman about lottery system being used to limit attendance to town hall.

Mary Slosson‏ @maryslosson
@Rep_Tom_Garrett I don't understand why you'd want to limit constituent attendance. It looks bad. This is democracy! By, for, of the people.

Actual US congressman responds

Tom Garrett‏ @Rep_Tom_Garrett

@maryslosson America isn't a democracy.

I wonder when they'll realize the issue with Sessions isn't necessarily that he met with Russians, but that he lied under oath. The latter is 100% the biggest issue here, not just meeting with Russians.

They're claiming he misunderstood the question or answered in the wrong context. Which is paper thin since he said the same thing on a written question that was much clearer. And I actually do think there is an issue with him meeting with the RA, because of the timing. But of course he'll claim he wasn't acting as an intermediary between the RA and Trump, which is likely bullshit.

Then yes, the fact that he was misleading or lied about it, especially because he knew it was going to come up. The story about russian contacts between the campaign and trump was nothing new at that point.

Constituent complains to actual US congressman about lottery system being used to limit attendance to town hall.

Actual US congressman responds

Probably being cheeky. The US is a republican/representative democracy.

My god he's stupid. There are tons of pictures of people meeting with Putin or Kislyak with a full court press or in official capacity.

And often at times when relations were better.

His Sec State has a Friend of Russia medal or something. And while that's not a great look - it's not the same thing as what's being reported now.

Does he actually not realise the difference? My god he's stupid.

Chumley

Banned
Can we stop caring about Van Jones? He said some thing you don't agree with. I don't agree either. It's just dumb to me to attack someone like Van Jones when there are real issues we should focus on, and stop attacking our own side for ever saying anything positive about Trump. I think he was obviously just commenting on the tone Trump had achieved and not even on the substance, which he disagrees on.

I don't even think Van Jones is completely wrong about Trump. We need to concern ourselves about Trump's tone as much as his substance, because Trump voters are swayed by tone. It's worrying that we focus on Van Jones when it's Trump's tone that is the issue. And ultimately larger issues anyway.

tl;dr attacking van jones achieves nothing

It's bigger than that. He touts to be a liberal and to be all about liberal values, but has regularly attempted to normalize Trump and buys 100 percent into the lowered bar mentality, but doesn't admit it. The problem isn't just the dumb statement he made, it's how that statement is indicative in the extreme of the lowered standard idiot pundits like him hold Trump to. It's a huge problem and the reason he's getting so much hate is because he's still doubling down on us all misinterpreting him or whatever, and that we all need to be careful with the lowered standard Trump is held to even though he is the one who's propagated it from the beginning. The dude lost any fire he ever had when it mattered most by not poking holes in that bullshit speech. You fight, you don't keel over and admire Trump for clearing a low bar. Van Jones is little more than a fraud.

Holmes

Whether he knows the difference or not isn't the point. He's trying to muddy the waters so that enough people think "they're all the same so what the difference!" It's very childish.

tbm24

It's bigger than that. He touts to be a liberal and to be all about liberal values, but has regularly attempted to normalize Trump and buys 100 percent into the lowered bar mentality, but doesn't admit it. The problem isn't just the dumb statement he made, it's how that statement is indicative in the extreme of the lowered standard idiot pundits like him hold Trump to. It's a huge problem and the reason he's getting so much hate is because he's still doubling down on us all misinterpreting him or whatever, and that we all need to be careful with the lowered standard Trump is held to even though he is the one who's propagated it from the beginning. The dude lost any fire he ever had when it mattered most by not poking holes in that bullshit speech. You fight, you don't keel over and admire Trump for clearing a low bar. Van Jones is little more than a fraud.
Not liking how Van characterized Trump after his speech is one thing, calling him a fraud is ridiculous. As an activist, let alone a democratic one, he's put in the work where many haven't. Look up what he's done.

jtb

Banned
Whether he knows the difference or not isn't the point. He's trying to muddy the waters so that enough people think "they're all the same so what the difference!" It's very childish.

It's also very effective.

Just look at how Hillary's emails were treated....

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
My god he's stupid. There are tons of pictures of people meeting with Putin or Kislyak with a full court press or in official capacity.

And often at times when relations were better.

His Sec State has a Friend of Russia medal or something. And while that's not a great look - it's not the same thing as what's being reported now.

Does he actually not realise the difference? My god he's stupid.
Yeah, in hindsight the guy on the cabinet who has actually met Putin directly several times has the least stink on him regarding shady connections (at least to date).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom