• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
NIN90 said:
Activation through Battlenet. No early SC2 for anyone.

This is what bugs me. They should send it a day early, I dont mind waiting to activate it but I dont want to have to wait until 4PM on the 27th just to receive my copy.

By the way, I answered "I like turtles" and just now realized that was from blade runner. Am I a replicant?

mcrae said:
CANADIA-GAF:

is there midnight release in ontario? do i need to pre-order if i want to get it? what about it i want to get it during regular store hours?
theres a midnight release at gamestop @ heartland, I'm guessing there are other places with midnight releases too

LaneDS said:
What are the specs? Might be able to save you $60 (temporarily) if your PC is too outdated at the moment to play it.

well lets see, here is what i know (per the system specs menu on my pc)

Ram: 3 GB
Memory: 200 GB available
Videocard: PNY Geforce GT240 512MB
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ 2.00 GHZ

if i have to upgrade then i will upgrade (even though i dont know what the F im doing!), but hopefully it can run it. what do you think? I will buy the new equipment i need right now to run it if it wont run with these specs!

FrenchMovieTheme said:

if i have to upgrade then i will upgrade (even though i dont know what the F im doing!), but hopefully it can run it. what do you think? I will buy the new equipment i need right now to run it if it wont run with these specs!

Damn son! :D

LaneDS

FrenchMovieTheme said:

(You mean storage, not memory... RAM is memory)

That'll run it. Probably on medium settings, maybe high. I've got lesser specs in my notebook and it ran, not well, but it was playable.

Obviously an upgrade never hurts, but you might try running it first on Tuesday to see how you like performance before investing any cash in the PC.

Short version: it'll run, enjoy!

gillFTR

Bisnic said:
I don't want to pre-order online, i want to have the game tuesday, not 5 days later while i wait for shipping. So i'll have to go check the 2 EB Games or Futureshop around where i live.

im pretty sure if you get there early you will get a CE, Futureshop ALWAYS has extras.

LaneDS said:
(You mean storage, not memory... RAM is memory)

That'll run it. Probably on medium settings, maybe high. I've got lesser specs in my notebook and it ran, not well, but it was playable.

Obviously an upgrade never hurts, but you might try running it first on Tuesday to see how you like performance before investing any cash in the PC.

Short version: it'll run, enjoy!

:lol yeah, storage, not ram! shows you how much i play PC games. it's not that i don't like them (starcraft is probably my favorite game of all time.... behind madden!) but it used to be a real pain in the ass to upgrade. well i upgraded the ram/videocard a couple weeks ago and it took like 5 minutes.

ok cool, as long as the game will run i don't need it to have maxed out graphics or anything. thanks for the tips bro's, i'll go signup for a battlenet account again, can't remember my old info anyways

Wait, wait, wait....mandatory activation through battle.net even for single player campaign? My friend does not even have internet and he wants to play this game. Do I have to get him to bring his box to my place long enough to activate?

I understand battle.net authentication for multiplayer but they should at least allow campaign play if you have a regular old CD key :/

Big Chungus

Just wanna let my fellow Canadians know that The Source will deliver Starcraft 2 to your house on release day or the game is free.

"Street Date Guarantee!~
Pre-order Starcraft II by July 24th at midnight EST with either standard shipping to your door or FREE shipping to your nearest store and get guaranteed delivery on street date of July 27th. If your product does not arrive on street date, we will fully refund the price of the game with a The Source Gift Card for the same amount."

fna84 said:
Just wanna let my fellow Canadians know that The Source will deliver Starcraft 2 to your house on release day or the game is free.

"Street Date Guarantee!~
Pre-order Starcraft II by July 24th at midnight EST with either standard shipping to your door or FREE shipping to your nearest store and get guaranteed delivery on street date of July 27th. If your product does not arrive on street date, we will fully refund the price of the game with a The Source Gift Card for the same amount."

This bodes well that the rest of us who ordered from gamestop online and such will also get it on time. Yay, Canadians getting stuff on time!

gillFTR

JasoNsider said:
This bodes well that the rest of us who ordered from gamestop online and such will also get it on time. Yay, Canadians getting stuff on time!

Yeah I would order alot of stuff online in canada if we had release day shipping. I had a pre order at gamestop online, but canceled because it is still canada and cannot trust their so called release day shipping. So Im just going to head out on the 27th and ensure my copy.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
JasoNsider said:
Wait, wait, wait....mandatory activation through battle.net even for single player campaign? My friend does not even have internet and he wants to play this game. Do I have to get him to bring his box to my place long enough to activate?

I understand battle.net authentication for multiplayer but they should at least allow campaign play if you have a regular old CD key :/

Yeah, you have to be connected to the internet. There's already been a couple copies leaked into the wild and it even does a date check to ensure you're not installing the game before July 27th.

However, I've heard you can play single player without being connected to the internet.

TheExodu5

Banned
EB, Futureshop, and BestBuy are all having midnight releases in Ottawa.

I have 2 CEs pre-ordered at EB. One for myself, and one for a friend. Looks like they brought the price down to match the US version ($100).

Thorhald

Haha, my friend just sent me an image of a plush Baneling she's been working on ... kick ass!

36883_405763748774_507598774_4581028_6909961_n.jpg

markatisu

Alucrid said:
Should I preorder this or do you think I can just walk into a store after work and grab a copy?

You should be able to get a copy of the regular version without worry, preordering imho is only for the CE

zealotportrait_static.jpg

^PROtoss^

*edit*
ZealousD you are a god in my eyes. Thanks for the great info, the great forums thread and the GREAT original sc1 scenes on youtube!!11!!!1!!!!!!!!1

TheExodu5 said:
EB, Futureshop, and BestBuy are all having midnight releases in Ottawa.

I have 2 CEs pre-ordered at EB. One for myself, and one for a friend. Looks like they brought the price down to match the US version ($100).

Damn, there really are a lot of Ottawa peeps here! Just so you know, I help to run a gaming meetup and will be doing a post-SC2 launch gathering.

http://meetup.com/techboom

LaneDS

watervengeance said:
Huk is a fool for not massing Collosus. Idra is a fool for not just moving in...

Was also pretty dumb to just throw away all his units against the spine crawlers too. Pretty good match though, lots of action.

Ultralisk play was good, but probably could've been better. Idra kept throwing his army into tight areas. I thought he was behind for a moment there until the Ultralisk reinforments came in.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
watervengeance said:
Huk is a fool for not massing Collosus. Idra is a fool for not just moving in...
Need good stalker support for collosi, zealots much better for tanking since they cost no gas + warp in templar with 10 warpgates + insta storm

Both are viable, but its a choice.
watervengeance said:
Ultralisk play was good, but probably could've been better. Idra kept throwing his army into tight areas. I thought he was behind for a moment there until the Ultralisk reinforments came in.
You need to toss in your army when you are maxed and your larva are built up and you have map advantage.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Frustrated_me said:
Fucckk yea, for whatever the reason I want Idra to take this. Mabbe its the zerg fan in me :D

Root for dimaga instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom