• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Just remember one thing, the method for Jp and Global is different, and if it was the way Jp had it, we wouldn't have any issues whatsoever since it's code based.

Some people just don't like Facebook or don't want to be part of it or don't want to give them their information etc. They are a very low minority but they exist. Even disregarding all of this, if anything happens with our Facebook account, be it a hack attack or a ban for whatever the reason we are fucked.

Fair points.

While I agree that the FB method isn't necessarily ideal, I just find it irksome that people that gamed the system would complain that they got screwed. I mean... you broke the rules and that's a risk you took. The people that are having issues completely unrelated to their BE playing experience (e.g. their FB account got hacked) I can totally empathize with, and it does seem awfully terrible to me that their accounts can't be recovered or transferred on Gumi's end. Having an alternative way to sign in to BE outside of FB seems like a no-brainer. I never re-rolled, so it's a non-issue for me on that front, but I must admit that if given the option to sign in outside of a FB log-in I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

Broseybrose

Just remember one thing, the method for Jp and Global is different, and if it was the way Jp had it, we wouldn't have any issues whatsoever since it's code based.

This is the major point!

GL, for whatever reason, has to use FB to keep their account. What if we dont want to use FB at all? Why is it different for us? Along with all the other problems that come if your FB account is closed for whatever reason.

Some people just don't like Facebook or don't want to be part of it or don't want to give them their information etc. They are a very low minority but they exist. Even disregarding all of this, if anything happens with our Facebook account, be it a hack attack or a ban for whatever the reason we are fucked.
Exactly. You nailed the issue.

My problem is my main FB account was locked to a reroll account by accident back on launch day. I was just going through the reroll motions and used my real account instead of the dummy one I made for rerolls. I have since changed all the information in the dummy one to my real info just in case, but I don't use it for anything other than logging in once a week and liking some shit so it shows activity. All I want is to be able to swap to my main account. That's it, and it shouldn't even be an issue. Soooooo since Gumi is ignorant to these sort of things give us a login/password on the actual game as well. Keep the Facebook shit for all I care, but an alternative should be present with how easy it is to lose your FB account.

This is what I was trying to say but worded it wrong.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Didnt get a response on the old thread, so reposting it here:

Okay a couple more basic question - who are the best non base 5* Chainers in this game ?

About Setzer Cheese, if i wanna use him for Gilgamesh do i even have to max lvl 6* him or is it enough to get him far enough to learn Double Dice with his 5* version ? Would def. save me up alot of exp for now since i have to level two of them.

One more thing, is DualWield important/useful when using Edgar/Cupid Luna Chainsaw atk prior to Double Dice ?

If so i def. need to farm one more Dual Wield down the line.

Yesssssss I finally pulled Noctis!!!! I got him on the free pull today. It was a blue to yellow to rainbow.

Now to boost that bad boy up. To think I spent so much Lapia previously chasing him.

Congrats...man what a nice feeling it has to be getting a Rainbow from a free pull haha.

tuffymon

I have a feeling it wasn't fully thought through and was determined to try and make it easier (in theory)... it's probably why we have the whole facebook invite section on our friendslist with lapis rewards for enough friends through it. It's a poor design that we're unfortunately stuck with.

Didnt get a response on the old thread, so reposting it here:

Okay a couple more basic question - who are the best non base 5* Chainers in this game ?

About Setzer Cheese, if i wanna use him for Gilgamesh do i even have to max lvl 6* him or is it enough to get him far enough to learn Double Dice with his 5* version ? Would def. save me up alot of exp for now since i have to level two of them.

One more thing, is DualWield important/useful when using Edgar/Cupid Luna Chainsaw atk prior to Double Dice ?

Congrats...man what a nice feeling it has to be getting a Rainbow from a free pull haha.

Regarding chains please see my post on page 2.

that's the problem with making dummy accounts, right? i know it's too late NOW, but what's so hard about just having an FB account? i can't even count how many logins I have that are tied to FB at this point.

To be fair, I don't even use FB so I'd be shit out of luck if my GF didn't have an account. Hence I think it's dumb being tied to FB, but that said any time a site or something only gives me the option to log in through FB I go elsewhere so maybe it's just me. Either way, I think it's dumb to restrict it like that.

c-murph

I feel like doing another 11 pull for some reason... Hmmmmm. Maybe I should hold off until tomorrow for the new units. Yeah, hold off until then.

On another note. My Arena team is coming together. My two Lightnings are at 100% Evade and I can get my Tidus to 80%. After Quick Assualt No.7 finishes he'll be at 90%.... I have two Cyans sitting at the sidelines that I can grind for a couple of weeks to get him to 100%. I still need to get the Assassins Vest. That would bump him to 100% too.

Alkez

On another note. My Arena team is coming together. My two Lightnings are at 100% Evade and I can get my Tidus to 80%. After Quick Assualt No.7 finishes he'll be at 90%.... I have two Cyans sitting at the sidelines that I can grind for a couple of weeks to get him to 100%. I still need to get the Assassins Vest. That would bump him to 100% too.

You are evil.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
My problem is my main FB account was locked to a reroll account by accident back on launch day. I was just going through the reroll motions and used my real account instead of the dummy one I made for rerolls. I have since changed all the information in the dummy one to my real info just in case, but I don't use it for anything other than logging in once a week and liking some shit so it shows activity. All I want is to be able to swap to my main account. That's it, and it shouldn't even be an issue. Soooooo since Gumi is ignorant to these sort of things give us a login/password on the actual game as well. Keep the Facebook shit for all I care, but an alternative should be present with how easy it is to lose your FB account.

You make a great point which I hadn't considered. I guess I've never heard of people losing their FB accounts before.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
LOL guess who just got GREAT SUCCESS on an S rank expedition? Yours truly, that's who.

[x] Trust Moogle
[x] Relics x 8
[x] Advance Tokens x 5

Wanna guess my percent chance going in?
20%.

Syntsui

With Ramza coming soon is the new with WoL coming soon when Ling dropped lmao.
I do believe he is coming soon though, even though he won't.

robotuw

If they are expecting Zarglbargl's 60% buff to impress us, he's a long way off still.

Can we talk about the WOL/Tilith/Rikku trinity? I have all three, luckily, but am wondering how you all are building them out compared to Cecil/Ling/Refia.

I've spent most of my TM time on Tilith, so she's got high all element resist, extra auto-refresh, and somewhat decent hp. WoL just has f2p gear to boost his hp as much as possible. I just finished leveling Rikku so she doesn't have anything yet but I was probably going to focus on hp for her as well.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Can we talk about the WOL/Tilith/Rikku trinity? I have all three, luckily, but am wondering how you all are building them out compared to Cecil/Ling/Refia.

Jsut wanted to give a shoutout to everyone here at FFBE GAF for the carry. Just tried out Mog King without a friend and made it and it's thanks to all your OP units carrying me through the events to get to this point rather early on. Thanks again to all of you, you made what could have easily been a very stressful start up into a much smoother process and got me through events I couldn't have even hoped to beat.

And a special shootout to Valentus for his evasion builds which have gotten me through the BotD and Gilgamesh. I may need another shot with one for Ultros one day, but I'm hoping I'm a step closer to actually being able to fight these bosses now.

Just felt you all deserved a little extra thanks having reached a major milestone. This is one of the best little corners of GAF.

evangd007

If they are expecting Zarglbargl's 60% buff to impress us, he's a long way off still.

That is his cornerstone ability, and it would have been impressive at 75-80%, but instead they used a ton of the ability's power budget on immunities to statuses that nobody cares about, are easy to gear around, or anyone of consequence is already immune to.

Alkez

Do you guys know if Ashe's Heaven's Fury is affected by dual wield?

No it doesn't.

My WoL just took all of Cecil's gear, which is just as much hp as possible. Gigantaxe, shield, grand helm, Maximilian, Arsha's x2, hp+15% x4. Def and spr builds are cool but I'm lazy lol.

Tilith also just took Refia's gear minus a staff and spr materia. Cat ear hood, Minerva, Arsha's, soluna, hp+15 x4.

I'm still messing around with Rikku atm. Trying to figure out if I need ignorance or not.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
My WoL just took all of Cecil's gear, which is just as much hp as possible. Gigantaxe, shield, grand helm, Maximilian, Arsha's x2, hp+15% x4. Def and spr builds are cool but I'm lazy lol.

Tilith also just took Refia's gear minus a staff and spr materia. Cat ear hood, Minerva, Arsha's, soluna, hp+15 x4.

I'm still messing around with Rikku atm. Still trying to figure out if I need ignorance or not.

So almost a straight conversion. I expected that but figured there was a bit of nuance.

Reminds me I never bothered getting Maximillian.

tuffymon

I don't know if anyone else had the whole connection issue... but I just tried to login on my phone... and it worked! Tried on memu and it updated, I'm currently in game now :O spread the word~~~~~~

Wazzy

Banned

Honestly it's funny all of my luck comes from free pulls. Anything I've chased I've gotten pretty much nothing. xD
Woah. Grats!!!! ¡!!!!
Thanks!!! I've wanted Noctis for so long. He's such a versatile unit. He will fit in my team perfectly.

Pejo

I'm really really debating going for Za....the Judge. I really really hate Ramza as a character, and I was already basically forced into using him in FFRK when I got lucky on his relics for like a year. This guy looks like he could fill a similar role, and I have nothing against him.

I'm sorta doing the same thing with Rem and Tillith. I just don't like Tillith's whole look, so I've been avoiding using her so far.

We'll see how it goes though. It's tough to ignore that extra 40% buff of all stats.

Alkez

I'm really really debating going for Za....the Judge. I really really hate Ramza as a character, and I was already basically forced into using him in FFRK when I got lucky on his relics for like a year. This guy looks like he could fill a similar role, and I have nothing against him.

You could wait for Lunera (after enhancements) or Roy? They basically do the same thing as Ramza but they're not Ramza lol.

c-murph

Well they didn't fix the Kelsus glitch. I just summoned my second one. Came up as a Gold crystal... Oh, I wonder if it'll turn to a rainbow...? It did! I wonder who it'll be...? It's Kelsus!

1 Kelsus shard left.

Well they didn't fix the Kelsus glitch. I just summoned my second one. Came up as a Gold crystal... Oh, I wonder if it'll turn to a rainbow...? It did! I wonder who it'll be...? It's Kelsus!

1 Kelsus shard left.

I posted a customer service response from them the other day. We were meant to be able to get 2 and they even took the limit of 1 off the banner. So not a glitch after all!

Pejo

You could wait for Lunera (after enhancements) or Roy? They basically do the same thing as Ramza but they're not Ramza lol.

Hadn't heard of these units, thanks for the tip! It's always weird looking up JP characters on the exvius reddit wiki, Couldn't find Lunera until I scrolled down and saw it was Runera.

Alkez

Hadn't heard of these units, thanks for the tip! It's always weird looking up JP characters on the exvius reddit wiki, Couldn't find Lunera until I scrolled down and saw it was Runera.

Ah yeah my bad. Everyone here calls her Lunera so I just stuck with it. I only found out about her the other day because I pulled her on JP. She's basically just Ramza with a slightly weaker buff, but more hp and MP regen, which can be better or worse depending on your team.

Roy is a bit different. He gets a stronger song the more he sings, so a slow starter but has the best song at the end. Does enemy debuffs and team buffs.

Lyrian

Soon as in there **might** be a chance that Ramza's enhancements before the end of 2017.

There's no way Ramza's enhancements come out until at least a full month after Roy. If they did, there would be no reason to pull for Roy. And if Gumi has been consistant on one thing on Global, it's that a unit's enhancements generally don't come until after a replacement unit arrives that has equivalent or better skills.

On the JP schedule, Roy is still ~4 months away, meaning that Ramza's enhancements wouldn't show up until December at a minimum.

That gives Zuffuppagus at least 4-5 months to dominate Global. Even then, he still has the advantage of not being locked down due to singing, which does have value. Through the end of Season 1, no one offers an equivalent to a 60% all stats buff, without requiring singing.

1 Kelsus shard left.

Gumi removed the language on the banner about "Max 1" Kelsus.

I posted a customer service response from them the other day. We were meant to be able to get 2 and they even took the limit of 1 off the banner. So not a glitch after all!

I still haven't used the first but that's cool for those new comers and f2p. From what I've heard he's an ok unit. I get my second one tonight. Oh, I also have 650k worth of raid summons to do. Fun times ahead.....

Alkez

Agreed with Lyrian here. Don't think it'll be as late as December but I don't believe Ramza is getting enhanced anytime soon. I would guess September is the earliest.

Jsut wanted to give a shoutout to everyone here at FFBE GAF for the carry. Just tried out Mog King without a friend and made it and it's thanks to all your OP units carrying me through the events to get to this point rather early on. Thanks again to all of you, you made what could have easily been a very stressful start up into a much smoother process and got me through events I couldn't have even hoped to beat.

And a special shootout to Valentus for his evasion builds which have gotten me through the BotD and Gilgamesh. I may need another shot with one for Ultros one day, but I'm hoping I'm a step closer to actually being able to fight these bosses now.

Just felt you all deserved a little extra thanks having reached a major milestone. This is one of the best little corners of GAF.

I remember feeling this exact same way when I started adding more folks on GAF. Once I got into the groove of beating events, making progress, thanks to my friends list, I was hooked. It really really helps, especially coming into it late.

Question:

Anyone expecting Stop shenanigans for the FF12 event tomorrow?

Kind of, yes... hahah

I remember feeling this exact same way when I started adding more folks on GAF. Once I got into the groove of beating events, making progress, thanks to my friends list, I was hooked. It really really helps, especially coming into it late.

It really does make a difference in pulling you yeah. The content is understandably heavily geared towards late game players, but the pull rates and TM requirements make this a gacha that requires a lot of time investement, whereas in the Dragon Ball gacha I can hit the end game in 4-5 days from a reroll.

I'd actually tried this game before and dropped it when I hit the difficulty wall, but when the flood of invites came in it completely open up the whole game to me. I kinda prefer it this way too since it encourages a community to work together like everyone here.

Top Bottom