• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Each Earth in the Multiverse Mode has its own story and context. The gear earnable from completing the challenges associated with each Earth was again emphasised as exclusive.

RootCause

From Twitch:

Multiverse is absolutely an adaption of MKX's Living Towers, featuring different Earths. Some Earths might only be available for an hour, others for a day, or a week. Each Earth will offer the chance to earn exclusive gear; presumably this exclusive gear will be unavailable to players if the challenges are failed or missed.

The hell! Do they expect us to be glued to our systems? :p

They should do weekend events. Seems like the most sensible solution.

Nice, Max will be on next.

I hope the DLC doesn't leak, but NRS seems to have a bad track record with that :s

Me too. As much as I enjoyed knowing the roster so far in advance, the lack of surprises in the lead up to launch has been a downer. If the DLC doesn't leak, the hype and speculation are going to be through the roof.

Darkseid looks really crazy. It looks like he incorporates his omega beam into his regular attack strings. His regular omega beam projectile seems to launch(!!), and he might have a rekka?

I hope he gets a proper gameplay breakdown on a Watchtower stream. He and Le Joker.

Zetta

Omega Beam sound effect sound so good. I feel I will be playing this game for a very long time since I want to play with just about everyone in this roster.

tim1138

Darkseid looks fucking amazing. I love the Omega Beam move that goes off one side of the screen and hits the other person in the back.

Gleethor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3e00CvdcEc

More Joker gameplay.
He doesn't really look younger in this though.
More like a homeless person.

His trait is the same as Injustice 1, but it is no longer a parry, instead you just activate it.
Somebody needs to let him do a damn super. Also I don't understand why that was the one intro that they skipped, but at least we got a clash. Still think Epcar's voice sounds too low register for Joker.

Khezu

I was expecting a little more gameplay from the stream outside of the three fights we saw in Multiverse Mode.

I wasn't.

Once they revealed who was on it, and that it was a Machinima thing, I figured it would just be a weird fluff piece.

Hoping tomorrow is a lot more interesting.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I wasn't.

Once they revealed who was on it, and that it was a Machinima thing, I figured it would just be a weird fluff piece.

Hoping tomorrow is a lot more interesting.

Tomorrow's stream is going to be more interesting if it delivers our first look at the DLC.

I'm anticipating a Joker and
Red Hood
reveal.

No he didn't.

I have been saying this since that was first posted.
Not everything Boon posts is a tease for something.

He even said, Injustice Harley and Arkham Joker.
He posted it because he thought it was neat.

He's known to troll too. You can't take everything he posts as in-game confirmation.

Sn4ke_911

No he didn't.

I have been saying this since that was first posted.
Not everything Boon posts is a tease for something.

He even said, Injustice Harley and Arkham Joker.
He posted it because he thought it was neat.

No he posted it because he's a fucking troll. He clearly teased Mark Hamill here and got peoples hope up over nothing.

I'm getting really tired of Boon's shit on twitter. Fuck this guy.

Khezu

He's known to troll too. You can't take everything he posts as in-game confirmation.

No he posted it because he's a fucking troll. He clearly teased Mark Hamill here and got peoples hope up over nothing.

I'm getting really tired of Boon's shit on twitter. Fuck this guy.

Why would he troll about that?

95% of the shit Boon posts are about what he thinks is cool, or him playing basketball.

He stopped teasing shit on twitter awhile ago because NRS fans on twitter are fucking insane and it's not worth responding to them.

95% of the shit Boon posts are about what he thinks is cool, or him playing basketball.

He stopped teasing shit on twitter awhile ago because NRS fans on twitter are fucking insane and it's not worth responding to them.

I'm not saying that tweet was trolling, just pointing out that he does and thus you shouldn't take every tweet as in-game confirmation. A tweet about Mark Hamill and Tara Strong doesn't and shouldn't immediately be taken as 100% confirmation of their attachment to Injustice 2.

Tyaren

More Joker gameplay.
He doesn't really look younger in this though.
More like a homeless person.

He does look like homeless person...

34153288872_3ac527ed09_o.jpg

Personally I'm not a fan at all of his redesign. Looks as if they wanted to do their own thing, not the usual crazy clown, not Ledger and not Leto. Maybe a mixture of the latter two, but ultimately I think the result looks uninspired, unremarkable and not like the Joker really. :/

Sn4ke_911

C'mon man, you're taking it too seriously.

of course im taking it seriously because i would have LOVED to have the best Joker voice ever in the game.

Wat? he teases new characters all the time. He also did a poll with characters we'd like to have in I2.

The fact that he posted this was just plain evil and troll-ish and made everyone hope they got Hamill back. Disgusting.

of course im taking it seriously because i would have LOVED to have the best Joker voice ever in the game.

Wat? he teases new characters all the time. He also did a poll with characters we'd like to have in I2.

The fact that he posted this was just plain evil and troll-ish and made everyone hope they got Hamill back. Disgusting.

Swamp Thing, Captain Cold, and Blue Beetle all ended up in the game

Constantine, Red Hood, Starfire, and Black Manta are prime dlc candidates

dont see the troll in that or tweeting a fun pic of Mark and Tara

Personally I'm not a fan at all of his redesign. Looks as if they wanted to do their own thing, not the usual crazy clown, not Ledger and not Leto. Maybe a mixture of the latter two, but ultimately I think the result looks uninspired, unremarkable and not like the Joker really. :/

We don't know the context of his return, but given the scarring on his chest, it stands to reason that this is the same Joker that Superman wore as a glove. I'd argue that coming back from the dead has changed him, as it should, hence the new look.

Khezu

Those aren't teases, those are him basically straight up conforming characters.

Should he just never post anything on his personal twitter ever again in fear of someone taking it the wrong way?

Don't discount the possibility of Mark Hamill DLC. Stephen Amell voiced the Arrow Skin for GA in the first Injustice(even if it was just two lines of dialogue).

Also, the Carl Weathers skin for Jax in MKX had a completely different voice for EVERY intro line that Jax had....though, I'm not sure if Carl Weathers himself did the voice for that skin.

Either way, I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me if we got something like "Batman: The Animated Series Joker" as a premium skin complete with a Mark Hamill voice.

Those aren't teases, those are him basically straight up conforming characters.

Should he just never post anything on his personal twitter ever again in fear of someone taking it the wrong way?

Boon's a genuine fan of DC and their characters. It makes sense that he'd be fond of Mark Hamill and Tara Strong. As you said, he shouldn't be criticised because people have misinterpreted his tweets, or gotten their hopes up when he hasn't directly confirmed a link to Injustice.

Sn4ke_911

dont see the troll in that or tweeting a fun pic of Mark and Tara

This is a video of the VA's of Harley and Joker doing some voice lines. Tara Strong is still Harley in Injustice 2 so of course people would speculate that Mark Hamill is represent as The Joker as well right? I mean why else would Boon post this video when there is only 1 character left to reveal...

My point stands, that was a dick-ish move from Ed Boon.

I'm especially pissed since i'm a huge Joker fan and that guy who voices him now doesn't hold a candle to Mark Hamill

Either way, I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me if we got something like "Batman: The Animated Series Joker" as a premium skin complete with a Mark Hamill voice.

Don't do this... just don't

Slaythe

This is beyond overreacting. I'm sorry to put it bluntly, but that's what it is.

This is gameplay featured from a "randomizer" of gear and shaders and what not.

1) If you don't like the design, there has to be one you like in the game for him

2) You don't know yet what his story design is, and even then the first point applies

3) There will be premium skins, and it's not impossible at all to get an old school Joker skin with Hamill as voice, why not

This is a video of the VA's of Harley and Joker doing some voice lines. Tara Strong is still Harley in Injustice 2 so of course people would speculate that Mark Hamill is represent as The Joker as well right? I mean why else would Boon post this video when there is only 1 character left to reveal...

My point stands, that was a dick-ish move from Ed Boon.

I'm especially pissed since i'm a huge Joker fan and that guy who voices him now doesn't hold a candle to Mark Hamill

Don't do this... just don't

Man, that Vine Boon retweeted was from 2013. It was obviously unrelated to this game. Even then, given Joker has yet to be officially announced, at best it was a tease of his return. It's not a dick-ish move. Boon didn't imply that Hamill was going to voice the Joker in Injustice 2. His tweet clearly states "Arkham Joker". If you chose to speculate that it meant the Joker was firstly, returning in Injustice 2 and secondly, going to be voiced by Hamill, then the disappointment is on your hands.

Top Bottom