• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Carlisle

Just put in a preorder for pickup at BB tomorrow. I was going to hold off since I have the Wii U game and they're so similar, but some friends are visiting for the weekend and they'll see the Switch and they'll want to play something on it and all I got is Zelda and Snipperclips. Need a party game to show people what the new console is all about and Mario Kart pretty much nails that.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
When trying to set up an amazon.jp account it won't let me change my country to Japan. Lists dozens of other countries, but with that one left out I'm not sure how to proceed.

Any tips?
Same thing happened to me. I chose a random country and saved. Then I tried to proceed with the payment, it said I was not from Japan. But then I could edit my address and Switch to Japan, included in the list.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Im ready all over again lets go!

aohdq54pw0plbvzi1n9u.gif

Galang

Banned
Oddly this is the title that makes me want to buy a switch right away even though I played it a shit ton on Wii U -_-. Trying to hold out till Mario Odyssey

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
So I imagine there wouldn't be an issue if I wanted to say, play with my own copy on my own Switch against someone who's playing on their TV? Could the person on the TV also play splitscreen while still playing against me?

Jerm411

Hell yes let's go....skipped on Wii U, kicked myself for a long time for doing so, but now I'm so happy I did.

Now I just gotta decide who to main...Koopa Troopa or King Boo now that they've added him. Used Boo almost exclusively on Wii and wrecked shop...decisions decisions haha.

Bought this digitally. Being able to play MK whenever I have my Switch is going to be great.

Just played a few races, looks wonderful on the Switch screen. Online was a bit laggy though, but hopefully just launch day teething issues.

faridmon

I just reserved a pro controller at Argos for this game

Se you online fellas!

My first Mario Kart since Double Dash. Really excited!

Hope the race results screen still shows when we're using the joy wheels. I was a Wii Wheeler and will be using the joy wheels unless the L/R travel times turn out to be that big an issue for me.

Will be waiting for you guys at the finish line tomorrow. : P

chekhonte

Has anybody's Amazon order (NA) shipped? Mine still hasn't and I'm a little worried that I won't get it til monday now.

Acerac

Banned
Same thing happened to me. I chose a random country and saved. Then I tried to proceed with the payment, it said I was not from Japan. But then I could edit my address and Switch to Japan, included in the list.

Cheers. I'm now stuck at pending verification for my card, but I doubt there is anything anyone can do about that one.

Oh well, here's hoping it gets through sooner than later.

sleepnaught

KaBKc5L.png

This does not fill me with confidence....

Same. Third time you have failed me in recent weeks, Amazon. No more wasting money on Prime for me. I mean, they COULD still deliver on time but doubt it. I'll pay $8 more at Walmart when it releases at 12am tonight.

iiicon

Playing on the Switch in handheld mode vs. playing on the Wii U gamepad is night and day. What a huge difference.

In the chaos of preordering everything for the Switch back in Jan-Feb, I accidentally pre-ordered MK8D for delivery instead of in-store pickup. Didn't realize it until a few minutes ago, where I got a notification that it shipped. Guess I won't be going to grab it from the store after work like I expected!

Best Buy is usually pretty good at fulfilling pre-orders on-time through shipping though, so I'm hoping it works out. I need Mario Kart back in my life.

ryseing

Just put in a preorder for pickup at BB tomorrow. I was going to hold off since I have the Wii U game and they're so similar, but some friends are visiting for the weekend and they'll see the Switch and they'll want to play something on it and all I got is Zelda and Snipperclips. Need a party game to show people what the new console is all about and Mario Kart pretty much nails that.

Get Puyo Puyo Tetris as well.

It's not in the same league as Mario Kart racing or battle mode, but Bomberman multiplayer is a blast with 4 players (I haven't tried 8 players yet.) Gameplay footage doesn't do it justice IMO; it can get hilariously frantic.

Same. Third time you have failed me in recent weeks, Amazon. No more wasting money on Prime for me. I mean, they COULD still deliver on time but doubt it. I'll pay $8 more at Walmart when it releases at 12am tonight.

Only reason I went Amazon this time instead of BB is because I had a $30 gift card from a few months back. Should have probably used it on something else honestly.

Top Bottom