• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captivate 2012 Rome - Embargo Ends April 10th

Ponn

Banned
this stopped being funny 10 years ago :|

Meh...still funnier then the hype and inevitable crash in this thread. Still gets me how people keep expecting huge announcements from these mini pr events so close to E3. It's masochistic at this point.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Didn't they basically do this last year?

embargo some trailers?

You guys can only blame yourselves for getting overhyped and expecting the moon.
It's the same every year since it's inception. 1-2 reveals, bunch of trailers for existing titles. The fact that it's an embargoed event hypes it up though.

At this point, I only care about what Ono talked about at the future of the FG at Capcom panel, but it seems gaming journalism is too busy sloshing around in RE6 news.

Omikaru

You know that feeling? That's the feeling of having very little expectations from Capcpom, and having them still not met.

Good job, you have exceeded yourself this year, Capcpom.

GameE

Wait wasnt there supposed to be more then one announcement? Didnt we just get Lost Planet 3 and thats it or am I missing something?

cremebox

Neo Member
6AgCS.gif

Capcom sure does like treating their fan base like shit don't they?

It's beyond ridiculous that we still don't have MHP3rd 1 1/2 years after it's Japanese release, not even an announcement. It sold 5 million FFS. Enough money for a localization.

MHFU and MHTri both sold more than the previous MH releases in the west and thus show a growth in userbase. Yet they do not announce MHP3rd or MHTriG for the west.

I don't care if Nintendo or Sony *might* publish the stuff, it's Capcom's biggest franchise in Japan. They should handle their own freaking releases like any other mature publisher does.

Capcpom indeed.

The psp has been dead as a door knob for years in the west there really was no chance what so evever of portable 3rd turnung up outside japan "if" triG is coming it will undoubtably be nintendo publishing so expect at e3 not here

http://i.imgur.com/6AgCS.gif[/IMG

Capcom sure does like treating their fan base like shit don't they?[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's time to not consider yourself a fan anymore. From now on I'm just vaguely interested in the occasional good product Capcpom may or may not release. :p

Returners

Yay more cross-platform thingys for Vita & PS3 owners.

I trust Capcpom to screw this up just like UMvC3 Vita which is still not fixed.

BoSox06DH

So other than Lost Planet 3, I don't really think that was worth having an embargo for having a few trailers for games we already now about. I thought we were getting something awesome, but damn we got NOTHING.

Omikaru

Many companies are satisfied with what little bullshit they can achieve, not Capcom though. Here at Capcom* we aim for the sky, we work hard every day to achieve the highest levels of bullshit you can imagine. Where some would just make a disappointing game, we try to go a step beyond, by outsourcing our franchises only to the shittiest developers we can find, because only the worst is good enough. Where some would just release shovelware, we release test games, because to crush hopes, you have to get hopes up first.

*I am in no way connected to Capcom.

At least they're not as fucked up as Konami. Yet.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I feel bad for those who stayed up for this.

... Wait, not really. You got what was coming to you courtesy of Capcom!

(the yes/why riddle was a reference to LP3 by Spark Unlinited, at least they nailed this part lol)

Monster Hunter is dead in the west.

Western gamers have no problem doing the same thing over and over.
Western gamers love action games like devil may cry and god of war where you beat up big creatures.

Like many things at Capcom, Monster Hunter doesn't sell in the west because of ignorant design decisions at the fundamental level. Establish a strong introduction with a lot of action that lets you sample some of the higher level gear, put the armor tree with ingredients in game and easily accessible and make guns more dynamic. The aiming system should feel like a 3rd person shooter, not a budget tack on.

Much like Lost Planet 2, it seems like they spend a week designing game mechanics then spend 2 and a half years polishing the fuck out of an incomplete idea.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If I'm reading that timer correctly, that's still a day and a half away - we won't be hearing anything about that until very very VERY early Thursday (EDT).

Oh yeah, you're right.
But you know what? Famitsu leaks!!!

rouken

we've been trolled by Sony (Vita Heaven)

we've been trolled by EA (Gamechangers)

now, we've been trolled by Capcom

they don't really care anymore, do they? :(

Kyou

Capcom flew a bunch of journalists to the ruins of an empire that once ruined the world to show two trailers and announce one outsourced game.

If that isn't poetic I don't know what is

we've been trolled by Sony (Vita Heaven)

we've been trolled by EA (Gamechangers)

now, we've been trolled by Capcom

they don't really care anymore, do they? :(

What's really upsetting is that these game makers aren't making products that are interesting to their audience. It's no big wonder why their numbers of fans are dwindling.

Returners

What's broken?

For people who bought Vanilla MvC3 CE Jill and Shuma-Gorath came with a DLC code.

UMvC3 promised access to these characters for free, and for PS3 I assume they just read the vanilla MvC3 data and unlocked it then.

But Vita UMvC3 owners (like me) were SOL until Capcom finally fixed it very recently.

Hopefully things will work out of the box 2nd time around.

Now I guess only E3 and TGS are worth hyped. Or maybe Game Devs Conference.
Even teasers with countdown on flash websites doesn't deserve it (be prepared for a trading card game with the Capcom Sega Namco cross over...).

More like he said there'd be interesting news for Go Nintendo. Which, y'know, likes to report on anything and everything even tangentially Nintendo-related, good or bad. (And wound up on NeoGAF's banned sites list for some reason, probably related to the above.)

GameE

Hmm, I guess they are saving Cyberbots 2 for E3. I can respect dat.
when was the last time Capcom announced something at E3? They always announce stuff at Captivate.

Now I guess only E3 and TGS are worth hyped. Or maybe Game Devs Conference.
Even teasers with countdown on flash websites doesn't deserve it (be prepared for a trading card game with the Capcom Sega Namco cross over...).

Knowing how this day is going there wont be a Famitsu leak or Ill be disappointed with that game.

18-Volt

That collaboration game between Capcom, Namco and Sega gets revealed today.

I'm pretty sure that one will stay Japan exclusive, unless Capcom goes Tatsunoko vs Capcom way (although this isn't up to them, but then again Banpresto doesn't have a western branch)

Capcom obviously sees Captivate as Western Gamers event. They probably think that Nintendo isn't western gamer's thing and leave Nintendo games for Nintendo Direct (japanese edition, of course). AA5, MH4 and Banpresto cross thing will be detailed in upcoming Nintendo Direct, I suppose.

Top Bottom