• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 1, 2017 (Jan 02 - Jan 08)

ethomaz

Banned
Read the comment. The weekly sales are good. Better hold than XIII so far.

If you still think I was talking about overall sales, you missed the point.
You mean % hold because in units sales it is not.

- Up to Week 1 FFXIII sold 341.879 units excluding the launch week, 41.663 units in that week.

- Up to Week 1 FFXV sold 217.297 units excluding the launch week, 23.346 units in that week.

The hold is not better than FFXIII... it is indeed worst. FFXIII dropped to sub 20k in Week 2... let't how FFXV does.

tolkir

Almost

1*: [WIU] Super Mario Maker # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.09.10} (¥5.700) - 143.514 / 985.188 <60-80%>
2*: [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS <ACT> (Nintendo) {2016.12.01} (¥4.700) - 160.016 / 984.331 <40-60%>

graph.png

Now kiss

bigol

There're still more than 150k FFXV copies on shelves. Amazon.jp have the game 47% off, and now that holidays are over the price will only go down.

That's the official price, not the price that is being sold by retailers.

So,do you have some evidence retailers are heavily discounting the game? I saw some quick sales to 6600 yen,but that was just one retailer.

Wasn't it released at the end of Wii life? Might be higher userbase or maybe Japan just hates Xenoblade.

They both released super late, within six months of each other.

I think it was nintendo's mishandling of the wii personally, taking their eye off the ball and leaving the release schedule barren - I just don't think many gamers were looking to buy wii games at all when those games came out.

Boke1879

Wow that thread is going faster than usual.
Lots of people angry about FFXV lol.

Like I said in another thread. People need to get over the fact that a game they expected to flop critically and commercially is actually doing quite good for itself

bigol

I hope Switch does great. Japan really needs two successful consoles. Ps4 alone isn't doing much to increase console appeal and software market.

Like I said in another thread. People need to get over the fact that a game they expected to flop critically and commercially is actually doing quite good for itself

Well in Japan it did bomb and this thread is about Japanese sales. Outside of Japan it seems to be success (it has already shipped more than XII and IX outside of Japan and pretty much equals XIII)

You just said FFXV is doing good. Now prepare for the onslaught of comments saying it was a huge failure.

giphy.gif

BriBri

3DS card games
01. Pokémon Sun
02. Pokémon Moon
03. Terraria
04. Tobidase Doubutsu no Mori amiibo+
05. Gyakuten Saiban 123: Naruhodo Selection
06. Yokai Sangokushi
07. Bokujou Monogatari: Mitsu no Sato no Taisetsu na Tomodachi
08. Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3
09. Monster Hunter X
10. Yokai Watch 3: Sushi
11. Yokai Watch 3: Tempura
12. Kirby Planet Robobot
13. Rhythm Tengoku The &#9733; Best +
14. Culdcept Revolt
15. Gyakuten Saiban 5
16. Gyakuten Saiban 6
17. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
18. Monster Hunter Stories
19. Etrian Odyssey IV
20. Fire Emblem if
21. Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS
22. Mario Kart 7
23. Pokémon Omega Ruby
24. Tomodachi Collection: New Life
25. Rune Factory 4

3DS download only
01. The Battle Cats POP!
02. BATTLEMINER
03. Cube Creator 3D
04. Great Detective Pikachu
05. Hako Boy!
06. Bike Rider DX
07. Super Bike Rider: Atsumete! Choujuu Hunter
08. Dai Kaitaku Jidai: Gai o Tsukurou
09. Urban Trial: Freestyle
10. Kirby Fighters Z
11. Q
12. Sabaku no Nezumi Dan!
13. Stickman Challenge!
14. Hako Boy! Mouhito Hako
15. Puyo Puyo!! Mini Version
16. Witch & Hero II
17. Minna no Oshaberi Chat
18. IRONFALL -Invasion-
19. Picross e7
20. Finding Ojipockle+
21. Soliti Horse
22. Bike Rider DX 2: Galaxy
23. Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure
24. Magic Hammer
25. Witch & Hero

3DS Virtual Console
01. Pocket Monsters Pikachu
02. Super Mario World
03. MOTHER2
04. Pocket Monsters Red
05. Super Mario Bros. 3
06. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
07. Pocket Monsters Blue
08. Pocket Monsters Green
09. Super Mario Bros.
10. Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru
11. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX
12. Super Donkey Kong
13. Final Fantasy III
14. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
15. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
16. Hoshi no Kirby 2
17. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
18. Super Donkey Kong 2
19. Ganbare Goemon: Yukihime Kyuushutsu Emaki
20. Super Mario Bros. 2
21. Super Mario Kart
22. Pokémon Card GB
23. Hoshi no Kirby
24. Kirby Bowl
25. Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken

Wii U download
01. Minecraft: Wii U Edition
02. Splatoon
03. Xenoblade Chronicles X
04. Block Builder
05. Super Mario Maker
06. Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
07. Artistic Taste Classroom: Sketch
08. Pokkén Tournament
09. Cube Life: Island Survival
10. Mario Kart 8
11. Dragon Quest X
12. Minna no Rhythm Tengoku
13. Terraria
14. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
15. Artistic Taste Classroom: Jikkuri
16. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
17. Dot Paint
18. Star Fox Zero
19. Mario & Sonic AT Rio Olympics
20. Shovel Knight
21. Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen
22. Hoshi no Kirby Wii
23. Super Mario 3D World
24. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
25. Paper Mario: Color Splash

Wii U Virtual Console
01. Super Mario World
02. MOTHER2
03. MOTHER3
04. Super Mario RPG
05. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
06. Hoshi no Kirby: Super Deluxe
07. Mario Story
08. Super Mario 64
09. Mario Kart 64
10. Bomberman ‘94
11. MOTHER
12. Super Mario Bros. 3
13. Super Mario Bros.
14. Fire Emblem Sword of the Seal
15. Mario Party 2
16. Super Donkey Kong 2
17. Donkey Kong 64
18. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
19. Custom Robo V2
20. Pokémon Snap
21. Super Mario DS
22. Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken
23. The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
24. Super Donkey Kong
25. Romancing Saga 3
Please note that Tobidase Doubutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing: New Leaf) was removed from the 3DS eShop in November and sales are NOT included in these charts nor in Tobidase Doubutsu no Mori amiibo+'s numbers. Please let me know any errors as I have had little sleep!

bigol

Going from 1.9 million (XIII already had low sales compared to prior FF games) to barely 1 million (with digital) is well if not a bomb at least hugely disappointing.

Comparing FF XII sales in 2006 with a 21 mln ps2 userbase and no sign of mobile gaming market to FF XV with just 4 mln ps4 sold and a huge mobile market is extremely unfair. I guess Square Enix never expected to sell that much in Japan.

The real comparison is with FF XIII sales.

As much as I love the Mario Galaxy games and Mario 3D in general, it's hard to justify creating a successor when 2D Mario titles are vastly superior commercially. Nintendo 2D games are on a completely different level from their competitors. I wish Nintendo applied the same approach to their Metroid franchise.

As much as I love the Mario Galaxy games and Mario 3D in general, it's hard to justify creating a successor when 2D Mario titles are vastly superior commercially. Nintendo 2D games are on a completely different level from their competitors.
The trick is having different dev groups do different games. Get all the profit with none of the wait between projects.

LordKano

So much damage control from the same people defending FFXV since weeks. It's getting tiresome to see the same arguments over and over, like "critical success !!!" (one of the worst rated FF mainline game) or "hey it sold more than FFXIII !!" (we have zero worldwide sales figures for FFXV, aside from shipped units that aren't even that reliable since they seems to include digital sales), and my favourite "it didn't bomb guys stop trolling !!" (when it's still hasn't sold a fucking million unit, when FFXIII did 1.5 million in a week). Every Media Create threads has these, every weeks since the game launched.

At some point, it would be nice to just let it go. At least until there are some solid "proofs" that the game is effectively doing good in any way.

Kanann

Points I made:

1. FFXV still sales like shit plus overshipped.
2. But at least the number (1mJP > millions WW), I "think" it can secure FFXVI.

SQEN should happy with this number and move on.

Nibel

So much damage control from the same people defending FFXV since weeks. It's getting tiresome to see the same arguments over and over, like "critical success !!!" (one of the worst rated FF mainline game) or "hey it sold more than FFXIII !!" (we have zero worldwide sales figures for FFXV, aside from shipped units that aren't even that reliable since they seems to include digital sales), and my favourite "it didn't bomb guys stop trolling !!" (when it's still hasn't sold a fucking million unit, when FFXIII did 1.5 million in a week).

At some point, it would be nice to just let it go.

Oh wow, look at this badass right here!

All that FFXV hatred giving you lifepower or something?
ioqig3f2quw9.png

So much damage control from the same people defending FFXV since weeks. It's getting tiresome to see the same arguments over and over, like "critical success !!!" (one of the worst rated FF mainline game) or "hey it sold more than FFXIII !!" (we have zero worldwide sales figures for FFXV, aside from shipped units that aren't even that reliable since they seems to include digital sales), and my favourite "it didn't bomb guys stop trolling !!" (when it's still hasn't sold a fucking million unit, when FFXIII did 1.5 million in a week).

At some point, it would be nice to just let it go.
This is a bit ironic in away but whatevs

Good on Square they seem happy with it hope it continues

Toth

You just said FFXV is doing good. Now prepare for the onslaught of comments saying it was a huge failure.

giphy.gif

It's getting comical (and sad) at this point.

Maybe people erroneously fear that a solid outing means that FFXVI will be the same type of game.

L~A

Got the feeling Wii U sales will drop in the 3 digits territory rather quickly. I doubt Nintendo has many units left to ship anyway.

Zedark

It's getting comical (and sad) at this point.

Maybe people erroneously fear that a solid outing means that FFXVI will be the same type of game.

I have definitely seen people say that in the FFXV threads (last time was somewhere in the 6 million shipped+digital thread). Kinda ignores FF's whole history of both selling amazingly and switching things up every time.

LordKano

Got the feeling Wii U sales will drop in the 3 digits territory rather quickly. I doubt Nintendo has many units left to ship anyway.

I wonder if the Xbox One S 500gb Minecraft bundle will outsell the Wii U, when it release...

At some point, it would be nice to just let it go. At least until there are some solid "proofs" that the game is effectively doing good in any way.

We only have ship figures for all the other FF games .
So i really don't see why that matter .

And the end of the day FF will see a huge drop in Japan but do good numbers WW .
Now SE has to try and get back some sales in Japan but WW they seem fine .

So much damage control from the same people defending FFXV since weeks. It's getting tiresome to see the same arguments over and over, like "critical success !!!" (one of the worst rated FF mainline game) or "hey it sold more than FFXIII !!" (we have zero worldwide sales figures for FFXV, aside from shipped units that aren't even that reliable since they seems to include digital sales), and my favourite "it didn't bomb guys stop trolling !!" (when it's still hasn't sold a fucking million unit, when FFXIII did 1.5 million in a week). Every Media Create threads has these, every weeks since the game launched.

While there is damage control regarding of japanese sales of XV there is similar ''it's only shipped!'' weird downplaying regarding of global sales when shipped numbers is what we get 9/10 times when we get global numbers. Not to mention we actually got updated shipped numbers which means that it's selling well at least somewhere.

Zedark

And the end of the day FF will see a huge drop in Japan but doing good numbers WW .

I can see the case made for the fact that all other FFs have been out for years, and will almost certainly have sold through those shipment for the most part, while FFXV's shipments indicate shelved copies that aren't in people's hands. Still, those copies will be sold for the most part at some point, and I don't think that FFXV is the only FF game for which the prices of copies have ever dropped.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
As expected, The Last Guardian has dropped from the top20

Super Mario Maker 3DS still a beast, same for Minecraft Vita

FFXV slowly gettin to 1M

No one cares about the Pro

Looking at XBO and XBO S numbers, I think there are some who care about it.

LordKano

And the end of the day FF will see a huge drop in Japan but do good numbers WW .
Now SE has to try and get back some sales in Japan but WW they seem fine .

While there is damage control regarding of japanese sales of XV there is similar ''it's only shipped!'' weird downplaying regarding of global sales when shipped numbers is what we get 9/10 times when we get global numbers.

You're right about that, I forgot that Square is one of these companies (even though we may have some numbers in the next NPD).
Still, the fact that it's only shipped shouldn't be forgotten at all, and even more when you compare it to FFXIII since FFXV has the advantage of being released worldwide.

Lol at people defending FFXV's "legs". This isnt a good week to be describing "legs" for this game, since this week should have been a solid hold, or a slight bump for games, It dropped quite a bit. There are still 100K-ish copies sitting on shelves, it probably WILL drop horrendously for next week's (this week's) numbers, as every game does, (-50%+?). Reaching a million means nothing since it will still be a huge drop from the last mainline game. Citing "the market" as a means of trying to normalize these low sales is ridiculous. Square Enix failed to attract previous fans, they need to do a better job.

mclem

I personally think it's the damage done to the FF brand by XIII. I bet DQ sales on PS4 will be a lot better then the FF sales, even allowing for the extra PS4's bought between now and then.

What's interesting there will be the breakdown between different platforms.; DQ on PS4 has realistic competition from DQ on 3DS (and possibly Switch as well?). That's not the case with FF15.

L~A

I wonder if the Xbox One S 500gb Minecraft bundle will outsell the Wii U, when it release...

That would be funny, though in a really sad kind of way.

About the Nintendo 3DS, this year is the best Week 1 since 2014 (better than 2015 and 2016). Even without the 2DS, sales would still be up from Week 1 2016.

You're right about that, I forgot that Square is one of these companies (even though we may have some numbers in the next NPD).

All companies are like that , we only get shipment numbers for WW sales
I think Sony is the only company we get sold numbers for .
They only started that this gen and it only for certain games.

Kanann

DQXI PS4 version is the version they intend to do it at first.
- Horii want to play on TV.
- Saito was making Orca team ready for it (1. move DQX team to XI and 2. recruit new team for X and this new team already done some chunks work on DQX now)

3DS version was born from madness and Switch version was born becuase "why not?we can do it for more cash!"

Still, the fact that it's only shipped shouldn't be forgotten at all, and even more when you compare it to FFXIII since FFXV has the advantage of being released worldwide.

I don't know why that matters when comparing totals. XIII shipped 6.8 million worldwide as of december 2014 on PS3/X360. XV is at 6 million shipped WW as of now. XV has already shipped around the same amount of units outside of Japan as XIII did during its whole lifetime.

Zedark

I don't know why that matters when comparing totals. XIII shipped 6.8 million worldwide as of december 2014 on PS3/X360. XV is at 6 million shipped WW as of now. XV has already shipped around the same amount of units outside of Japan as XIII did during its whole lifetime.

And the fact that they did an extra shipment means that the game is actually decently selling through its stock, so we can expect the game to meet the sales that the shipments indicate I think.

Yet WW it is already near ff13 and will surpass it easily....Maybe you are the one who needs to let it go. Japanese market is not what it was.

Oregano

DQXI PS4 version is the version they intend to do it at first.
- Horii want to play on TV.
- Saito was making Orca team ready for it (1. move DQX team to XI and 2. recruit new team for X and this new team already done some chunks work on DQX now)

3DS version was born from madness and Switch version was born becuase "why not?we can do it for more cash!"

I'm not sure you know the meaning of the word madness. They don't want a 40-50% for DQXI.

Top Bottom