• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Sports Resort Golf Holes Added To Wii Sports Club

In Japan & Europe, for free via download.

Can only assume a Western announcement is coming.

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/444333421389574145

Wii Uダウンロードソフト『Wii Sports Club』更新データの配信を開始しました。ゴルフに9つの新ホールが加わります。インターネットに接続したWii Uで本ソフトを起動すると更新データをダウンロードできます

nc_02.jpg

The update adds 9 new holes, bringing the total number of playable holes to 27.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/awsj/golf/index.html

Incidentally, Wii Sports Club is having a 'free' period between March 21st and 23rd.

More here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/campaign/20140321/index.html

Also NA:

REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Spring is almost here! As the cold weather slowly creeps away, welcome the new season by tossing away the blanket and hopping off the couch to play Wii Sports Club. Starting on March 21 at 9 a.m. PT, Wii U owners can download and play the Wii Sports Club game for free until March 23 at 11:59 p.m. PT. This promotion includes free access to all three currently available sports (Wii Sports Club – Golf, Wii Sports Club – Bowling and Wii Sports Club – Tennis) and is open to all Wii U owners*, even those who have previously tried or have already downloaded Wii Sports Club. As an added bonus, the Resort Course, a new nine-hole course in Wii Sports Club – Golf that was originally featured in Wii Sports Resort, will be permanently added to the game via an update that is available today.

Wii Sports Club is a compilation of the sports from Wii Sports that features high-definition graphics, controls via Wii MotionPlus technology, immersive GamePad integration and an online multiplayer versus mode. In this mode, users with broadband Internet access can face off against other players all over the country online.

Players who want to keep playing after March 23 can purchase a Day Pass for $1.99 in the Nintendo eShop to play all available sports for a 24-hour period, or can buy a Club Pass that provides permanent access to individual sports for $9.99 each.

For more information about this promotion, visit http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers. For more information about Wii Sports Club, visit http://wiisportsclub.nintendo.com.

*To participate in this promotion, Wii U owners must have a broadband Internet connection, a Nintendo Network ID and the SpotPass feature enabled on their systems.
http://nintendoeverything.com/celeb...sports-club-resort-course-also-out-in-the-us/

Hole me if old.

L Thammy

Hopefully this isn't the only Resort content to appear.

Seems pretty cool, though, wasn't the limited number of courses the big complaint people had?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Whoa there's some nice lighting and water in those tiny little screens, that looks nothing like the Wii Sports Club golf I've seen.

Glass Joe

I was wondering why the Wii Sports Club Miiverse was bumped back up to the top. It made me check out the shop to no avail to see if Baseball or something was added. Nice to see them add some content, I never got around to trying Golf myself.

If the initial run successful, I hope they add in all the resort content.

I'm waiting for baseball before I get the package. Hopefully there's a discount.

I can imagine there might be. There may even be a retail release; even NES Remix 1 & 2 are getting one in Japan.

It had 26.5 playable courses before?

Whoops, thanks for correcting. Sloppy with my golf terminology.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Oh shit this is huuuuge!
Now bring back Bow with online play (where lag won't even matter!) and Table Tennis from Resort.
Please, so I can just ditch WS:Resort.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
They need to add some of the actual games from Resort. Jetski, Table Tennis and Canoeing please.

Ooh. That actually might get me to open Wii Sports Club. Does it have Frisbee golf?

It only has golf, tennis, and bowling with announced plans to add boxing and baseball. No plans for the Wii Sports Resort games to be released have been announced, but the fact they're adding Resort's golf holes gives me hope we may eventually see them.

PJFJosh

I want this as a retail release. Still very uncomfortable with downloading significant content on a Nintendo system

I want this as a retail release. Still very uncomfortable with downloading significant content on a Nintendo system

Pretty sure it will happen eventually, even Iwata didn't deny the possibility. That's why I don't want to buy any sports at the moment.

Pretty sure it will happen eventually, even Iwata didn't deny the possibility. That's why I don't want to buy any sports at the moment.

Same here. I had a lot of fun with Golf in the trials, but I'm waiting till I'm absolutely sure there will be no disc version before buying any of them.

Griss

Wow, that makes a BIG difference.

Holes are everything in golf, different holes are what gives the game its character. So a 50% increase in holes for a ridiculously content free game is a big deal. They need more, but I didn't expect anything so I'm pleasantly surprised.

Looks like the WiiU is getting turned on for the first time in a month tonight.

As much as I liked Golf in the original, and like the idea that they are adding courses, I found the controls to be so much harder here that I didn't end up getting this after the trial.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I really hope Wii Sports Club does well enough that they continue to port over the entire Wii Sports Resort library of events.

Though I suppose the investment in making online play viable for sword fighting might be outside the budget range for this product; dunno, maybe the Namco tech team would feel up to taking a crack at it.

This was one of my issues with golf in Sports Club. There were 9 new holes along with the original Wii Sports 9. That's exactly how many were in Wii Sports Resort golf which was 1/12 of a full-priced game.

It's good though that Nintendo at least did this obvious edition. Like others I'm waiting for a bundle deal. Doesn't need to be physical.

8bit

Knows the Score
As much as I liked Golf in the original, and like the idea that they are adding courses, I found the controls to be so much harder here that I didn't end up getting this after the trial.

Yeah, the knockabout fun of Wii Sports Golf has now turned into difficult, fiddly torture.

fred

Great news. Am a bit annoyed though because I have a frozen shoulder that prevents me from being able to swing properly. :eek:(

dkeane

Are the graphics nicer than the other holes? The screenshots makes it look great.
Look forward to playing after work.

prag16

Banned

Seems pretty cool, though, wasn't the limited number of courses the big complaint people had?
Yep. 27 holes is still weak, but it's better than 18. Hopefully they throw in more holes at some point (not expecting it though).

dkeane

Graphics still look like garbage but the new holes are great. I love the challenge of this game.
The use of the gamepad is perfect. Can't believe no one has put out a new golf game with these mechanics.

Top Bottom