• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Just a FYI, I actually received my Darksiders 2 CE from Digital River/UPS before I even got a shipping notification.

Yep. I had 2 DS2 LE preorders through THQ (DR) and considering the utterly broken shipment tracking/notification, was kind of amazed when they actually arrived.

I vaguely recall similar grief with a Capcom (DR) order. I want to say that it was for a DMC4 CE order.

LiK

Digital River is used by quite a lot of companies for their online shopping experiences. Not sure why though since they seem to not know how to do anything well.

they probably give really great cheap rates to the companies who use them. too bad it's reflected in their service.

Lucent

528965_10200468856226880_885607_n.jpg

What I imagine.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Yep. I had 2 DS2 LE preorders through THQ (DR) and considering the utterly broken shipment tracking/notification, was kind of amazed when they actually arrived.

I vaguely recall similar grief with a Capcom (DR) order. I want to say that it was for a DMC4 CE order.

My DS2 LE arrived a day before release (with no warning or email notice of shipping), and then two days later I got a free copy of the regular version with a letter that said THQ had insisted DR send out complimentary copies of the game to DR customers whose LEs were delayed in shipping so they could start playing the game ASAP. If the LE had already arrived I was to keep the complimentary regular edition and give it to someone else so they could experience Darksiders 2 for themselves!

Previous to that I had ordered Dawn of War 2 LE and it arrived a full 18 days after release. Customer experiences with DR seem to be all over the map even for the same customer sometimes.

Lucent

Did anyone else pick up a regular edition to play through while they wait for their WE?

Nope. I can always work ahead on school work. And the MGR:R and Dead Space 3 demos come out today. I can buy Jak and Daxter for $2 and Psychonauts for $2.50 when the PSN store updates. Sly Cooper demo for PS+ members. I have plenty to hold me over.

I possibly won't even sit down to play this game until my 8 week class ends. lol.

khaaan

I called DR and although they weren't able to tell me a whole lot, the guy on the phone did say that he could see a charge to my account was made successfully and to expect an email by tomorrow night at the latest. Checking my bank account though shows no charge by them at all so I don't know if it's still processing or if he just wanted to get rid of me. Either way might be worth it to just give em a call if you haven't seen any updates.

Sushigod7

I'm going to start watching Ghibli movies again I'm actually jealous of the vanilla owners since they are playing today. The WE is cool but bummer we have to wait. If you got screwed over for the WE at least you can go get it and start playing today so there is that which is the most important thing anyway.

Lucent

I'm going to start watching Ghibli movies again I'm actually jealous of the vanilla owners since they are playing today. The WE is cool but bummer we have to wait. If you got screwed over for the WE at least you can go get it and start playing today so there is that which is the most important thing anyway.

I'm pretty sure I've watched all of them now. So all I can do is watch again.

Ugh..... My wife just made me have a stroke. Called me all excited, saying my WE had arrived, it HAS to be, I mean what else have we ordered???

Hype rising.......

it was a damn action figure for my kid. at least he's happy :/

Did she actually refer to it as your "wizard edition"? In my head that's much funnier.

Sushigod7

I haven't gotten an email yet today signifying cancellation or shipment of my copy, but it does show 'boxed shipment' on the Namco order history screen when I check it. Weird.

I am getting really worried, order back in August, still not billed, nor email received. What's going to happen to my money>

PK Gaming

So I live in Canada-land...

how long do you think it'll take for the game to arrive? Keep in mind, I didn't even have the option to choose shipping (I had to pay 22 clams for shipping :x).

how long do you think it'll take for the game to arrive? Keep in mind, I didn't even have the option to choose shipping (I had to pay 22 clams for shipping :x).

From where did u order? Im outside GTA and paid $10 over Namco's store.

I am really scared because I have gotten no news of my product, other then that I ordered it

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

I am really scared because I have gotten no news of my product, other then that I ordered it

I'm in Ottawa and I only played $3.62 :what:

khaaan

If I recall correctly, when they first opened up shipping to Canada it was $1 or something like that. The next day it had gone up to $10. When pre-orders opened up again in the 17th, shipping cost something like $20. I also live in the greater Toronto area and I only had to pay a dollar or so for shipping.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I'm in Ottawa and paid over $10. =\

If I recall correctly, when they first opened up shipping to Canada it was $1 or something like that. The next day it had gone up to $10. When pre-orders opened up again in the 17th, shipping cost something like $20. I also live in the greater Toronto area and I only had to pay a dollar or so for shipping.

ok

that's odd

maybe I unintentionally picked a premium service?? I don't know, I don't think I had a choice in the matter, at least when it came to shipping.

EDIT: yeah I ordered on the 17th.

lol did the prices really change? I must have gotten it on the cheap day then. I don't remember if I chose (or if Canada was even given a choice) in shipping.

zeopower6

If my memory serves me right, the price for the Canadian shipping when it was first allowed was like 4 dollars and people were calling shenanigans on it. The price went back to normal though for the restock a few days ago.

My DS2 LE arrived a day before release (with no warning or email notice of shipping), and then two days later I got a free copy of the regular version with a letter that said THQ had insisted DR send out complimentary copies of the game to DR customers whose LEs were delayed in shipping so they could start playing the game ASAP. If the LE had already arrived I was to keep the complimentary regular edition and give it to someone else so they could experience Darksiders 2 for themselves!

Previous to that I had ordered Dawn of War 2 LE and it arrived a full 18 days after release. Customer experiences with DR seem to be all over the map even for the same customer sometimes.

I hope i get mine soon, but if there is IS a problem i hope bamco is this classy.

Pupsicles

It has to be either Cheska or myself since we both live in CA and DR ships from CA. Right? Right?!

Seriously trying not to cave in and break the seal on the standard edition that just arrived from Amazon.

Is this really true? I ordered during the restock And I live in California too. Where are they shipping from exactly?

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Got a little excited when I got this email today:

Fed Ex

Order: SGH-6625-651580
Tracking Number (G)QM51 975 922 7350
Order Date: Thursday, 17 January 2013, 11:10 AM

Dear Customer,

Your parcel has arrived at the post office at January 21.Our courier was unable to deliver the parcel to you.

To receive your parcel, please, go to the nearest office and show this receipt.

GET & PRINT RECEIPT

Best Regards, The FedEx Team.

FedEx 1995-2012

Then I saw they had also BCC'ed fucku@myhole.com. lol

1stStrike

Banned
Even though I'm one of the ones waiting for some kind of update on my order, I still find it amusing watching as everyone has nervous breakdowns in this thread :D

Can't see the status on Digital River because it's my only order, but there's $100 or so missing from my checking account, so I'm assuming they've taken out the funds for it.

Now to wait...v_v

NeededSleep

:( payment pending on my credit card.

prder orderd July 1, 2012

Namco's site says:

Product Name Qty 1
SOLD OUT! Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition Club Namco Exclusive
Boxed Shipment

Each time i click on invoice: ERROR

Lucent

:( payment pending on my credit card.

prder orderd July 1, 2012

Namco's site says:

Product Name Qty 1
SOLD OUT! Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition Club Namco Exclusive
Boxed Shipment

Each time i click on invoice: ERROR

If you use this link you can actually view the invoice. But it doesn't look any different from order status or whatever. Doesn't tell me crap. =/

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware

Yeah, I eventually got an email from THQ apologizing for the delay/tracking confusion and promising me another copy. I never did get that, but since I did get my two original orders (eventually), I wasn't about to complain.

The whole episode was bizarre.

LiK

you guys should give up. their invoice thing doesn't look like it updates. just wait this week and hope it arrives. XD

Top Bottom