• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Days (Gorillaz) vinyl is finally being repressed after 12 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enthus

I hopped on the 3 month subscription. I really just want Demon Days, but I have been meaning to get a few more colored vinyl for some decorating I was planning on doing soon, so I might as well go through here.

If anyone needs a referral, PM me or quote my post!

Take one of the other guys' links if you want :). Other people in this thread already used mine.

Are we sure the referral link counts toward the $10 credit? I'm reading the rules & regs and it says you have to use their widget to refer in order to get the credit.

overcast

oh they won't run out. they're closely watching the new sub numbers against their stock. that's why they shut down the one month memberships. they'll do the same to the 3 and yearly when they meet their numbers.
Okay this puts me at ease. Had me worried for a second. Only signed up for a one month just for DD.

Damn, waited for a referral, got home, missed the one month sub.

I really can't see the 3 month being worth it for me. Maybe swap one for Paranoid but I already have the original (albeit in so-so condition) but even then I'm still left with a third and likely useless record and a high bill. Can't justify that either way. Cant even really afford it without sacrificing getting mass effect or horizon any time soon.

Im so torn right now.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Oh, they'll run out but you'll get yours. When you sign up for the sub, you automatically reserve your own copy. That's why they stopped selling the 1 Month plans since they sold the amount they had reserved for the 1 month plans.

cool. i really want waters so ill prob flip one of the other 2 months for that.

-GJ-

Are we sure the referral link counts toward the $10 credit? I'm reading the rules & regs and it says you have to use their widget to refer in order to get the credit.
Using the widget you can either email people, invite them through Twitter or Facebook or you can copy a link that you can share.

NMFried

Using the widget you can either email people, invite them through Twitter or Facebook or you can copy a link that you can share.

Based on what I read, the only way to get the credit is via FB, Twitter or typing their email into the widget.

ChanMan

I hopped on the 3 month subscription. I really just want Demon Days, but I have been meaning to get a few more colored vinyl for some decorating I was planning on doing soon, so I might as well go through here.

If anyone needs a referral, PM me or quote my post!

I'll take your code if you haven't already given it away.

-GJ-

Based on what I read, the only way to get the credit is via FB, Twitter or typing their email into the widget.
But I've only gave out the link a couple times and got this email after ~2 hours of giving out the code for the first time...

rWivUr9.jpg

NMFried

But I've only gave out the link a couple times and got this email after ~2 hours of giving out the code for the first time...

rWivUr9.jpg

Hmmm. I received that email as well. I guess we'll find out soon enough? There's no credit shown in my account yet.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Damn, waited for a referral, got home, missed the one month sub.

I really can't see the 3 month being worth it for me. Maybe swap one for Paranoid but I already have the original (albeit in so-so condition) but even then I'm still left with a third and likely useless record and a high bill. Can't justify that either way. Cant even really afford it without sacrificing getting mass effect or horizon any time soon.

Im so torn right now.

That Paranoid release is pretty phenomenal. The print that comes with it is too

SA2NCfVl.jpg

mass effect also looks bad so that saves you $65

Vectorman

Banned
Have S/T, PB, The Fall, and DoYaThing on vinyl. DD was the final piece. I'm glad that I can get this for a reasonable price.

Bsigg12

Fuuuck might have to buy this. Was just listening to Demon Days today at work.

Could someone do me a solid and PM me a referral?

Edit: We good!

I'm tempted to sign up... but I see the other VMP releases in record stores with large availability a few months after they come out... I can find Four Tet's Pink, Becks Odelay, etc easily. And I can support my local store...

I'm tempted to sign up... but I see the other VMP releases in record stores with large availability a few months after they come out... I can find Four Tet's Pink, Becks Odelay, etc easily. And I can support my local store...

It's Gorillaz. We have been waiting years for Demon Days to get a repress. I wouldn't hold off unless you fear no FOMO.

CRS

okay so ...sign up for the month (not seeing a shorter option) and then just cancel by may 2nd, yeah?
Is the 1 month option available again? That should be sold out. Only other option is the 3, 6, and 12 month subs. And you can't buy a 3 month sub and ask for a refund for the remaining two months.

It's Gorillaz. We have been waiting years for Demon Days to get a repress. I wouldn't hold off unless you fear no FOMO.

Yeah, waiting for it to hit stores is risky considering the original print of Demon Days was a limited run 12 years ago.

IrishNinja

Is the 1 month option available again? That should be sold out. Only other option is the 3, 6, and 12 month subs. And you can't buy a 3 month sub and ask for a refund for the remaining two months.

Yeah, waiting for it to hit stores is risky considering the original print of Demon Days was a limited run 12 years ago.

wait, so that's it? it's either 3 month sub or nothing?
man, fuck this - waited years for this reprint but im not getting suckered into some columbua music type deal shit for it

CRS

It's a great service and you can get two other great LPs of your choosing through their SWAP service. (You can choose one of their previous Record of the Month choices [ones they have in stock] if you don't like the May or June RotM)

wenis posted a screenshot with their available catalog.

IrishNinja

It's a great service and you can get two other great LPs of your choosing through their SWAP service. (You can choose one of their previous Record of the Month choices [ones they have in stock] if you don't like the May or June RotM)

wenis posted a screenshot with their available catalog.

i guess, but i've got most of what i'd want from that screenshot anyway...just wanted to grab a copy of a classic that's not been available on wax in forever, this is kinda up there with iam8bit fuckery for me honestly

wenis

the VMP staff has talked that this repress is exclusively for them and there is no plans for a further pressing from the band or label.

SOOOoooooooo

CRS

I just hope this means we're getting the new album soon, maybe Summer soon.

If this isn't a perfect way to get people excited for Gorillaz again, I don't know what is.

hughesta

Banned
I just hope this means we're getting the new album soon, maybe Summer soon.

If this isn't a perfect way to get people excited for Gorillaz again, I don't know what is.
They changed their social media account photos like 12 hours ago, so I assume we'll get something this week

wenis

How do I know if I will receive the record? I just subbed not too long ago.

you should be fine. you can also login to the store and go to your "my account" page. it'll tell you the next time your card will be charged and what the ROTM will be.

gnomed

Thanks again peeps. Happy to see it on my list. Second colored vinyl only to the Charlie Brown Christmas. And getting ripped off by Barnes and Nobles on the Limited Edition Blackstar vinyl. You suck B and N.

deleted

Oh god no! I forgot to press the last button on paypal yesterday and shut my PC down.

Wanted to continue today and now they are sold out :(

Edit: I'm on the waiting-list, but I can't imagine getting in now.

Qasiel

Can't believe I missed this. To those that managed to get one, don't forget to put a picture up in next month's "Pick Up" thread! I wanna see all that beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom