• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut is coming next week [Up: Out now, my sweet]

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I've been wanting to do a trilogy run. I love the ME series even with the crap ending. Time to fire up ME1 this weekend, let's dance.

Well, if they fail again this time, and its very possible, I will make in my head that Xenoblade's ending was the real mass effect one.
HUGE Xenoblade spoilers, obviously:
Xenoblade gets the same premise, superior beings that want to erradicate the galaxy to start life again and feed of it, with a boy (CPU Alvis in Xenoblade) that is done right (becuase, you know he is important to the story and not a last minute character) and tells shulk to choose, and the funny thing is that without any option to choose the final outcome in Xenoblade, it feels much better than the shitty multicolored ME3 ending.
They even explain all the plotholes, story elements and you have a nice video at the end were you watch the fate of your team and the new planet you have created
It was so easy to make a even if its just good, ending, and Bioware failed as no one has ever seen in the videogame industry.

SRG01

Who are they kidding with this DLC? It's total damage control without understanding the fundamentals of why we were so upset with the game in the first place.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/12695580/1

They fixed the EMS thing, no grinding in multiplayer anymore!

And do they basically admit they lied about everything being available in singleplayer alone?

I think that's PR talk for "Our plan to force players to try multiplayer worked" so they don't have to keep up the charade anymore.

Tsukumo

on the same day as Dawnguard? mehehe
well, if they let Weeks have his way this thing might go for the better.
I still won't be be able to stand the grandpa ending without twitching and cringing, but if they can deliver a better final confrontation with Illusive man and a less non-sensical "we created synthetics to destroy you before your own syntethics could destroy you " I will buy some avatar stuff as a token of appreciation.
I have to say though: this wait is very much alike seeing some acrobat on Most Amazing Dangerous videos or whatever, when you are as excited to see him succeed as much as you are to see him fail and witness the carnage...
...which reminds me: I have to finish my renegade playthrough...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I stopped caring, but that dont mean I wont watch it on youtube to see them totally miss the mark.

Jhoan

I'm prepared to get outraged and disappointed all over again. The Star child crap really pissed me off. Since I have an Insanity run that's up to Tuchanka, I have a reason to download it the EC, finish it, and watch the other rainbows on Youtube. I don't think that Marauder Shields is even going to be able to save us from this stuff.

[quote="Bioware BSer]The original experience of the game was meant to reward players who did extra work (multiplayer, importing a save, playing the iOS games, etc) with greater levels of success in the end, which is appropriate to a story about a war that needs every possible advantage in order to win. But now that we are moving to a post-launch period and have additional content for the endings, we wanted to make it easier for all players to experience even the best-cast endings.[/quote]

Seriously the lies this company has told the customer base are unbelievable. First it was "you do not need to play multiplayer to experience the best ending". Then when it was discovered you couldn't experience the "best" ending they claimed we were all making mistakes and you don't need to play MP to get the "best" ending.

Now they claim you had to play multiplayer all along just to experience the "best" ending. I really am absolutely speechless at how scummy Bioware have behaved.

Salsa

larrydavidmeh1y847.gif

I guess I just have to play this, simply to see what they've changed, but at the same time I really don't want to.

this is basically how I feel

I think I have a savepoint near the end so I'll just rush through that

NoRéN

Seriously the lies this company has told the customer base are unbelievable. First it was "you do not need to play multiplayer to experience the best ending". Then when it was discovered you couldn't experience the "best" ending they claimed we were all making mistakes and you don't need to play MP to get the "best" ending.

Now they claim you had to play multiplayer all along just to experience the "best" ending. I really am absolutely speechless at how scummy Bioware have behaved.

I just finished the game last night and I agree with what you said.

I couldn't believe that to get the "best ending" I had to play multiplayer and some ios game. Such crap.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Even if I have a save at the right point, I don't want to go through the ending sequence ending again. It's too exhausting. Part of me hopes they botch it just to see the reaction, either way I've moved on at this point.

Well, here's the deal:

The Best Ending was a three second cutscene.

I understand Completionism, because to an extent, I'm a Completionist, too, but come on.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
hmm, i don't even like 'fixed' posts, kinda sorry i did that.

it's still a masterpiece, just flawed as well... was what i was trying to say.

yeah, I understood but my post about masterpiece was a joke in the first place. What I really meant is that this game is a piece of shit linear shooter with bad writing IN MY OPINION.

Well, action was good, I have to say. CONGRATZ BIOWARE. Finally.

Well, here's the deal:

I understand Completionism, because to an extent, I'm a Completionist, too, but come on.
It is irrelevant how long it was, what is relevant is that Bioware specifically LIED to customers (some who did not or could not play multiplayer) that they would not be closed off to the "best" ending. When their customers started complaining Bioware persisted in lying to them by stating you did not need to play mp to get the best ending. Now are you saying just because it was about a "three second cutscene" that kind of thing should be tolerated ?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...dex/12695580/1

They fixed the EMS thing, no grinding in multiplayer anymore!

And do they basically admit they lied about everything being available in singleplayer alone?
This doesn't mean anything unless they totally removed the scaling that happens to the EMS if you don't play MP.

Ugh. I guess I'll grind through some Geth Gold White just to make sure. I wanted to be done with the game completely too. :p

pargonta

I could do with some sweeping vista shots like the beginning of prometheus with some clint mansell music overtop.

showing different homeworlds and the after effects, a visual postcard "goodbye" to the places we've come to learn about and change.

cue voice over narration talking about space travel and element zero, majestic shots of the universe to show it's vastness..

..yeah right.

Well, here's the deal:

This was the core of my problem.

Up to that point, the game was great to me. The game is still great, but the endings were simply bad. Working that hard to get 3 seconds is horseshit.

I still believe indoctrination theory. IDC what people say, its the only thing that made sense to me. Im guessing they were going to leave it as is and make a Mass Effect 4 but the backlash is making them act.

People say "No because Casey Hudson said it was going to end a 3, why would he lie?" well he probably didnt lie but money talks and he changed his mind. I'd rather they lie to us to make money and expand the story than be honest with a shit ending.

Well, here's the deal:

A lie is a lie. They claimed you could get the "best" ending without touching the multi player which (even if its just a 3 second cutscene) is just 100% not true.

gatti-man

More gold from the podcast: We didn't do the extended cut to make people "happy".

I believe that. The ending was so short and seemed to purposefully leave things out for either additional content dlc or ending dlc both designed to keep people to hold on to their copies after completion.

Judging from this thread it worked very very well. Except for me it just made me wait to purchase until i could get it for $25.

I still believe indoctrination theory. IDC what people say, its the only thing that made sense to me. Im guessing they were going to leave it as is and make a Mass Effect 4 but the backlash is making them act.

People say "No because Casey Hudson said it was going to end a 3, why would he lie?" well he probably didnt lie but money talks and he changed his mind. I'd rather they lie to us to make money and expand the story than be honest with a shit ending.

What people say this? Pretty sure what was said was "Shepard's story ends with ME3". I don't ever recall them saying that the franchise was done.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/38485/mass-eff...ioware-looking-at-mass-effect-race-histories/

Obviously, for Mass Effect 3 it's Shepard's story and this is where Shepard's story finishes, but the future is wide open for what we can possibly do.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I hope everybody who voiced their concerns gets everything everyone else asked for.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

You sound like EA's ideal customer.

Obviously, for Mass Effect 3 it's Shepard's story and this is where Shepard's story finishes, but the future is wide open for what we can possibly do.

Even this is bullshit. If Sheperd's story was over
why is the final shot of the best ending one of him waking up
? It's FFX all over again.

Might play through the last section of the game again, but I doubt this will fix any of the issues most people have with the game. All signals points to this being Bioware's horrible attempt to satisfy their fans by serving them the same ending with a new coat of paint. ME3 and DA2 have shown that Bioware have truly mastered the art of driving away their own fanbase.

You sound like EA's ideal customer.

Even this is bullshit. If Sheperd's story was over
why is the final shot of the best ending one of him waking up
? It's FFX all over again.

pretty sure they mean playing as shepard is done... as in you won't be creating his story any more.

Think of it like LOTR is Frodo's story, and the Hobbit is Bilbo's. Bilbo is part of both stories, but it isn't him we follow in LOTR.

It makes perfect sense to me... not sure why its that difficult to figure out. Hell, even the epilogue of ME3
seems to take place hundreds, if not thousands of years after Shepard does what he does
If ME4 picked up there, not sure how you could even have an argument. There are plenty of directions that the series can go that have no direct relation to Shepard.

Top Bottom