• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)

Thrakier

Certain hud elements are glitched with Durante's fix.

If you scale the hud, then things like curses, boss health bars, and subtitles don't work properly. Right Shift is the default key to turn off the hud scaleing, just press that and it will be fine.

Its so weird when I go into the boss fight and have to turn off the hud scaleing. The screen feels so cramped with the default bars.

I think it also deacativates SMAA but I'm not sure about it and no one is testing it besides me.

Gvaz

Banned
The comments report a pretty good response, but I'm too tired to try it myself tonight.

Hnng 60fps would be loverly.

dino1980

Tried the 60fps patch and it works perfectly for the 20min I played.

CPU: 2500k 4.3Ghz OC
GPU: Asus 670
Ram: 8GB

DSFix settings
Native res 1920*1080
DOF 540
DOF Blur 1
SSAO 2
MSAA none

For the 20min I run it was perfectly. Only dropped at the first boss battle and at the firelinks. Great work im really impressed at how good this game looks in 60fps.

Dizzy-4U

There's another kind of 60fps patch right now, and it actually works. The problem is that you need a really beastly CPU and it doesn't work with the newer versions of DSfix yet.

It's somewhere here in the comments:
http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=223#comments

Holy crap, it works great. Only drop was when the tutorial boss smash the ground and all the stones started flying around.

I'll try to record some footage for those who want to see it.

edit: Nevermind. Action doesn't work with durante's fix. I'll keep testing.

How do the animations look? Does it give a weird effect? The camera movement should be noticeably smoother but the animations should remain the same, with each animation frame doubled, right?

Holy crap, it works great. Only drop was when the tutorial boss smash the ground and all the stones started flying around.

I'll try to record some footage for those who want to see it.

edit: Nevermind. Action doesn't work with durante's fix. I'll keep testing.

please do, I want to view how it looks... my pc cant handle 60 fps

Orayn

Managed to run at 60ish FPS for Firelink and the very beginning of Undead Burg, though not at my normal resolution.

How do the animations look? Does it give a weird effect? The camera movement should be noticeably smoother but the animations should remain the same, with each animation frame doubled, right?

It's odd. Some animations look fine, some are strange. Still a really cool fix, though.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
So as long as this 60fps mod is installed correctly it shouldn't mess with GFWL right? I don't want to be locked out of playing SSF4AE.

Tried the 60fps patch and it works perfectly for the 20min I played.

CPU: 2500k 4.3Ghz OC
GPU: Asus 670
Ram: 8GB

DSFix settings
Native res 1920*1080
DOF 540
DOF Blur 1
SSAO 2
MSAA none

For the 20min I run it was perfectly. Only dropped at the first boss battle and at the firelinks. Great work im really impressed at how good this game looks in 60fps.

Someone upload a video of the gameplay at 60fps

IoCaster

Just ran through from Asylum to Firelink and it was steady at 60 except for the Asylum Demon fight which had some severe drops to ~20. I ran at internal 1920x1080, borderless no AA. I'm going to force MSAA/SGSSAA through NI and see how far I can push before the framerate craps out. In any case, this is pretty damn sweet.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I actually can't get this to work at all with or without Durante's mod. The game crashes on start up with both mods and doesn't start up at all with only the 60fps mod.

ImRight

I would like to assign the screenshot key to my < button on the xbox 360 gamepad!

Anyone knows how to do this?

Easiest way to do that would to get some kindof program like Xpadder or whatever the more popular free one is people use... and Remap whichever key you want to the corresponding key on your Kb for SS's

Edit: 60fps? WHAT IS THIS SORCERY!? and how do i get it.......(will read)

ImRight

Here's hoping for 120Hz support as well, if this takes off!

Dude there is support for 120hz, well it's working for me at least, just Run Dsfix in Full screen windowed mode..... i don't have to use HDMI instead of DisplayPort anymore :D

WOW 60fps, Looks amazing, (only seen that video so far) ii would LOVE to see it running a Downsampled Res through dsfix with all the fruit, AND @60fps..... ...

My body is ready.

Heh, it works and looks great, but to no-one's surprise a Core 2 Duo isn't enough to get consistent 60fps out of this game, and the constant jumps from 30 to 60 are distracting. Sticking with 1.4.

Gvaz

Banned
60fps and unlocked res?

I love the PC community.
Why buy a console when you can just brute force in any features a game is missing on the pc?

Hell, 99% of the time you don't even have to do the work yourself, because someone will stand up and do it for you, and all you have to do is download a friggin dll.

this is why serious gamers only play pc games. there's no waiting around for developers/publishers to decide that the financials are adequate for them to implement something new, the community will make it so.

Arksy

Why buy a console when you can just brute force in any features a game is missing on the pc?

Hell, 99% of the time you don't even have to do the work yourself, because someone will stand up and do it for you, and all you have to do is download a friggin dll.

This, and mods increase the lifespan and content of a game more then any developer could hope to do. Mods also spawn some pretty damn sweet games in their own right.

Really looking forward to being able to play this game in all its proper glory.

Dude there is support for 120hz, well it's working for me at least, just Run Dsfix in Full screen windowed mode..... i don't have to use HDMI instead of DisplayPort anymore :D

WOW 60fps, Looks amazing, (only seen that video so far) ii would LOVE to see it running a Downsampled Res through dsfix with all the fruit, AND @60fps..... ...

My body is ready.

Nah, I meant to say 120fps, my bad.

Top Bottom