• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Spike VGAs Reveals: 11/13 Teased, 4 Known For Pre-Show/Commercials

Derrick01

Banned
Out of the reveals in the OP I'm pretty much only interested in seeing what Epic's game is. So much less interesting than last year's show at this point.

Epic's new game, the Rising re-reveal, Infinite, the PS3 exclusive and - above all - the new Alan Wake are my picks. Hopefully those four remaning surprises deliver the goods as well.

I can see the trailer now.

It is dark, the sound of a cruel breeze whistles through the trees. The camera pans forward, revealing a pitiful camp fire in a small clearing. Details start to emerge as the camera gets closer. The trees are in a state of decay, a branch falls forlornly and thuds onto the ground.

The camera than shows a man and a women huddled by the fire. Their faces are down and their mouths grim as they try to get whatever warmth they can from the fire. The man appears to break down, placing his head in his hands as if suddenly pained from a tragedy that they are both trying to come to terms with.

The women then appears to slowly pick up a discarded instrument that is lying near by. Slowly and softly she begins to play a tune. The man raises his head from his hands, you can see the tears in his eyes.

The screen fades to black revealing just a large X.

Believe.

Saty

THQ may have something to show, but it may not be Turtle Rock's FPS that i thought. Danny Bilson in an interview with AusGamers:
“We actually have a game we haven’t announced yet and I can’t announce tonight — but we will be around December — that’ll be coming out next year that is also very exciting
http://www.vg247.com/2011/12/06/thq-to-announce-very-exciting-new-title-this-month-says-bilson/

More still, Bilson talked at E3 about having something InSane related at the VGA's:
Danny Bilson, THQ core games boss, has just hinted that at new inSane stuff for the Video Game Awards at the end of the year. He made the remark in an interview with GameTrailers’ Geoff Keighley, leading into MS’s E3 press conference.

Who knows.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
THQ may have something to show, but it may not be Turtle Rock's FPS that i thought. Danny Bilson in an interview with AusGamers:

http://www.vg247.com/2011/12/06/thq-to-announce-very-exciting-new-title-this-month-says-bilson/

More still, Bilson talked at E3 about having something InSane related at the VGA's:

Who knows.

VG247 seems confused.

From the same interview:

AusGamers said:
Danny: Saints Row: The Third, which of course comes out November 15th -- along with WWE on the 22nd, but Saints Row: The Third is really special, there’s no other game like that. I can say that, it’s not an overstatement. I’m sure you’ve been seeing and running some of the videos yourself that we’ve been releasing. You probably have a copy back in Oz to play by now and it’s absolutely a good time. It’s one of the wildest thing they ever put on a console.
This interview seems to have happened before Saints Row released, and thus before South Park was unveiled.

TUROK

It is dark, the sound of a cruel breeze whistles through the trees. The camera pans forward, revealing a pitiful camp fire in a small clearing. Details start to emerge as the camera gets closer. The trees are in a state of decay, a branch falls forlornly and thuds onto the ground.

The camera than shows a man and a women huddled by the fire. Their faces are down and their mouths grim as they try to get whatever warmth they can from the fire. The man appears to break down, placing his head in his hands as if suddenly pained from a tragedy that they are both trying to come to terms with.

The women then appears to slowly pick up a discarded instrument that is lying near by. Slowly and softly she begins to play a tune. The man raises his head from his hands, you can see the tears in his eyes.

Believe.
I don't even know what this is supposed to be referencing. If I saw this at the VGA's, I would go "hm", and then expunge it from my memory.

Believe.
Huh?

Believe.

Jim-Carrey-rindo2.gif

Believe.

Rock Band: Apocalypse?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Believe.
Xenogears remake?

Seda

Woo more Tony Hawk :/

There was a point in time that this would be awesome awesome news.

Please be like Pro Skater games

Leflus

It would be awesome if they announced a remake of THPS2 or 3. I doubt they would make such an announcement at the VGAs, but a man can dream...

DemonNite

Was this posted? the PlayStation blog has been changing its background each day... what do you think? is it linked to the Last of Us? its similar to the one on the teaser site

PlayStation US Blog said:

salromano

Was this posted? the PlayStation blog has been changing its background each day... what do you think? is it linked to the Last of Us? its similar to the one on the teaser site

It was posted in the other thread.

But yeah, defo related. The official LastOfUs site lists the date 12.7.11, so I take it we're getting a reveal before the show.

V_Ben

Banned
Hey guys, I'm starting to put together the thread for this unholy ceremony / celebration of all things geek / elaborate Scientology induction ritual. Any important links you want me to have in case I don't forget? Streaming, stuff like that. I'll be live blogging it all, hopefully with images for people to look at, but there's always a chance I'll forget an important link :)

Ta!

Edit: that new tony hawk game is totally a downloadable one with courses from all the previous games. He was asking for recomendations over twitter a bit ago. Hype!

TheOddOne

New 'Amazing Spider-Man' VGA Teaser Trailer, And Details On The Game
With a trailer making its debut at the VGAs, Marvel drops some info on the tie-in videogame for this summer's reboot to the Spider-Man movie franchise.

You couldn't expect the summer to come up on us with a new Spider-Man movie and not get a new game from publisher Activision, could you? Well, there is a new one being developed by Beenox Studios, the team behind the most recent Spider-Man game, Edge of Time, which I thought was pretty solid, if a little constrained by its closed in environment. Well, that shouldn't be an issue with the simply titled Amazing Spider-Man which will be a return to the open-city design of previous titles.

Here are some of the juicier details from the post:

"The Amazing Spider-Man" is in development at veteran game studio Beenox, and features an original narrative crafted by Hollywood writer Seamus Kevin Fahey (episodes of "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" and the re-imagined "Battlestar Galactica") that continues young Peter Parker’s adventures following the events of the new film. Using the game’s new Web Rush mechanic allows players to pull off a vast array of moves never before possible. With a story that takes players through many areas all over--and under--Manhattan, fans will feel what it’s truly like to be a super hero, as they experience the cinematic adrenaline rush of web-swinging through the city and fighting crime using Spider-Man’s spectacular acrobatic moves and attacks.
Teaser @ link ofcourse.

ArjanN

Well, there's hasn't been a Spiderman game released for a week or so, so I guess it's time for a new one.

Ah yeah that's more likely!

Yeah Geoff Keighley already said on the Major Nelson podcast that they would have bits with game characters like they did last year, where you had Kratos and Ezio accepting awards, etc.

Top Bottom