• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

0T4zaUK.png

This promotion came at the perfect time. I needed some new DRG glam. The a12s coat with the pincer butt just looked dumb

Can you dye the clothes? This might make me finally play with glamours.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The mouse I want to buy, Zowie FK1 doesn't qualify for the DLC promo.

Fuck my life.

EDIT: Oh the time card's back in stock.

I kind of wish I took DRG to 60, but at least it's halfway there so I can play with the glamour weapon.

The cloud is what I mostly wanted, the attire is a bonus and I get an extra 60 days for purchasing the game time card to get this.

Edzi

Is there nowhere to buy glamour prisms in this game? I can only find the crafting material, but it'd be stupid of the actual glamour process was locked behind crafting or buying for high prices off the market.

Squishy3

Is there nowhere to buy glamour prisms in this game? I can only find the crafting material, but it'd be stupid of the actual glamour process was locked behind crafting or buying for high prices off the market.
The prisms are not that expensive (they'll add up if you constantly reglamour, of course) but at the same time they're not hard crafts and can be made with supplies bought from a vendor so if you know some crafters it'd be easy enough for them to make some for you.

Omni

High prices? I'd find it hard to imagine prisms are more than 5k on your marketboard

if they are you could probably make a decent amount of gil undercutting because of how quickly they sell hmmm

Edzi

High prices? I'd find it hard to imagine prisms are more than 5k on your marketboard

if they are you could probably make a decent amount of gil undercutting because of how quickly they sell hmmm

7,600 for 5 prisms seems like a lot, but maybe I'm just cheap. Either way, I think it's stupid that something like glamour is locked behind crafting like this.

Nah, glamour prisms are cheap unless they are real high in demand. I've seen em go up to 50k for 5 on here but I wouldn't buy those at that price. Normally now I just spend 5 k for 5 or even less. It's very managable.

Edzi

On the up side, they're only locked behind level 30 crafting.

Shit, now I'm tempted even though I probably won't ever glamour much. What crafting class do I need to level for glamour prisms?

EDIT: Oh, it's a different class for each prism type. lol, nevermind.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Shit, now I'm tempted even though I probably won't ever glamour much. What crafting class do I need to level for glamour prisms?

Depends on your jobs. Every glamor requires the corresponding job to make it.

example
Leatherworker = Leather Prism Glamour
Blacksmith = Blacksmith Prism Glamour

The glamour prism you need depends on what item you want it to look like. So it depends on the needs of the job. These are the common ones.

Tanks will usually need Armorer and Blacksmith prisms to glamour.
Mages will usually need Leatherworker and Clothcraft prisms.

Most accessories (if you want to bother glamouring those) will need Goldmith.

Alchemy and Woodworking glamours aren't very common to need to glamour armor, but for some jobs, are pretty common for weapons (woodworking is common for DRG and BRD weapons).

Valonquar

Use up 99 leve quests. Buy HQ mats off AH and turn in, reget leve. IF you have some gil to start with it helps, but you do replenish gil from leve rewards too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
3 hours? More like a month, yeah, sure. If you know exactly what to do and have super deep pockets, which you wouldn't have if you balk at the price of Glamour prisms.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I don't even know what to buy from Amazon so I can get the DLC stuff. MGSV? It's only $20 for a digital code, but I've never been very good at MGS games...but that's the only thing that looks remotely interesting to me right now. Eh...

Edzi

I don't even know what to buy from Amazon so I can get the DLC stuff. MGSV? It's only $20 for a digital code, but I've never been very good at MGS games...but that's the only thing that looks remotely interesting to me right now. Eh...

Preorder Yakuza Kiwami like I did. Only $23 if you have prime.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Preorder Yakuza Kiwami like I did. Only $23 if you have prime.

I don't have Prime. I'll be getting that anyway though, no need to pre-order it yet. $20 is right about all I can justify spending at the moment anyway with everything else on my plate.

EDIT: Oh right, Amazon doesn't charge until the game releases...hm. And people in this thread have been getting their codes as soon as they pre-order despite what the promo page says, right?

Edzi

I don't have Prime. I'll be getting that anyway though, no need to pre-order it yet. $20 is right about all I can justify spending at the moment anyway with everything else on my plate.

EDIT: Oh right, Amazon doesn't charge until the game releases...hm. And people in this thread have been getting their codes as soon as they pre-order despite what the promo page says, right?

Yup.

Kudo

Didn't know about the promo but got the codes from Amazon while ordering something, sadly these are region locked so no use for me.

While the rules say resale is prohibited I'd assume trading them for some in-game items is OK, or does that count as resale? Gah, I just wish these worked on EU Accounts.

Wagram

Question: I hit Rank 7 with the Vath and there's still reputation to go.

Do I just need to hit 7 on the other beastmen and it'll rank up to 9 after the quest like it did in ARR or do I have to grind to 8? Don't want to waste my time.

Omni

If you look in the PF, there are people usually selling leve packages for crafters. At least on my server.

Range from like 500k to a million gil and they'll give you every HQ item you need to get you from 1 to 50. Still gotta hand in the leves which usually amounts to lots of teleporting, but still only takes a few hours.

Didn't know about the promo but got the codes from Amazon while ordering something, sadly these are region locked so no use for me.

While the rules say resale is prohibited I'd assume trading them for some in-game items is OK, or does that count as resale? Gah, I just wish these worked on EU Accounts.

Well, from my understanding if you attempt to sell the codes in game it is not a good idea. I'm pretty sure you can get banned for that.

Kudo

Well, from my understanding if you attempt to sell the codes in game it is not a good idea. I'm pretty sure you can get banned for that.

Just a trade with someone outside the game of course for something of similar value/in exchange for EU codes for example.
I guess they can't really track that down but might be against the rules?

Just a trade with someone outside the game of course for something of similar value/in exchange for EU codes for example.
I guess they can't really track that down but might be against the rules?

Nah there's no way you'd get in trouble if it was outside the game. EU codes? You'd be waiting awhile until they get this promotion probably.

Valor

Got me 20 dollars in Blizzard Bucks and netted a sweet Widow event skin/DVA selfie and the promo 14 items.

Successful day.

Heartfyre

What's with the Archer job quests compared to the rest? For other jobs, they usually amount to: go to this location, kill a small group of three-to-five enemies, return and end quest.

Archer tells me: go to a place, shoot six stationary targets, return to quest-giver, go to another place, and kill SIXTEEN PVE enemies, return and hand in quest.

Why the difference, for Archer of all things? It's surely not to demonstrate how über-DPS it isn't. I had hoped to get Archer to 15 last night in order to run a leveling roulette for my new BLM, but that didn't happen because of that time commitment!

Just cleared A4S. Went in completely blind and I had no clue what the hell was going on, especially during royal pentacles (those nisi debuffs are cryptic as fuck) Fortunately other ppl seemed to know what to do.

Didn't get the gob walker but at least I got the achievement :p

7,600 for 5 prisms seems like a lot, but maybe I'm just cheap. Either way, I think it's stupid that something like glamour is locked behind crafting like this.
The whole point of adding glamours like that was to put some life in the game's economy because crafters were pretty much useless at the time.

Valonquar

Pray tell me how to achieve this feat. I got about a mil gil. If it is doable I might try it.

Pick a craft/gather. Go to leve NPC of appropriate level. Look at available leves, see what items they want. With crafters, there's usually a leve for something stupid easy/cheap like ingots. Buy HQ versions of the requested items, Buy enough for several turn ins. Do this until you use up all your leves. Then go do other shit for a week until you have leves again. You also can do the daily turn ins at GC for more xp. HQ turn ins everywhere is the real key.

You can also be frugal and have a friend that is already 60 in stuff to HQ stacks of a lot of the stuff with zero effort for you.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Source:http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...-outfit-and-fat-chocobo?p=4119420#post4119420

Hello

There's been a lot of talk regarding the North American and Japanese promotional campaigns. We are working to setup campaigns in PAL regions with the new in-game items. They will also be available for purchase on the Mog Station at a later date. We will share more information as soon as it becomes available.

Please note that the North American and Japanese item codes won’t work on EU accounts.

I really hope that this becomes​ the norm going forward and maybe retroactively apply this system to past promotions because I would like to get the butler outfit I missed last year.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Already starting to happen, the moogle outfit from the first fan fest was added to the shop in the last update.
That's great news! I wouldn't say that a 2 year window for this to happen is ideal but it's better than nothing.

Seems like the Amazon stuff will be avaiable on Mogstation eventually. Thank fuck, I'd rather spend 20 bucks directly to get this stuff than buy stuff I don't really want nor need.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Seems like the Amazon stuff will be avaiable on Mogstation eventually. Thank fuck, I'd rather spend 20 bucks directly to get this stuff than buy stuff I don't really want nor need.
You can get it for free, Amazon sends the code before anything ships.

They didn't specify whether it's just EU, EU and NA, or EU NA and JP.

Safe to say that the EU store will get it at least.

I'm really lazy though. Not sure if I'll be able to buy something from Amazon in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom