• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Milly79

Genji has ruined this game for me in a good way for the moment. Not as fun playing any other hero.

I played a shit load of different heroes yesterday across all classes. The game is super fun now that I took that break.

Granted in doing so I got zero boxes since I didn't get another level on any hero I played. Haha. Progression is still going to take a long time it seems.

Altairre

Genji seems like a pretty snowbally hero. If you manage to get ahead he's really good at taking advantage of that. Imagine fighting an uphill battle with him will be frustrating though.
What build are you running Alur?

Alur

I played a shit load of different heroes yesterday across all classes. The game is super fun now that I took that break.

Granted in doing so I got zero boxes since I didn't get another level on any hero I played. Haha. Progression is still going to take a long time it seems.

Yeah, after the new hero shine wears off I figure I'll switch to leveling the ones it recommends me in order to get boxes and try to reach 1000. Right now I like him especially because if no one is on he's a fun hero to solo queue with. Even though he has zilch wave clear and all, you can still do some work even when behind.

Genji seems like a pretty snowbally hero. If you manage to get ahead he's really good at taking advantage of that. Imagine fighting an uphill battle with him will be frustrating though.
What build are you running Alur?

Like I said above, I feel like Genji is one of the few heroes who can still do some work even when behind. It's not like you're gonna set the world on fire, of course, but you can get some kills and have a nice game sort of similar to how you can in Overwatch even if your team is a bunch of potatoes or countered hard.

I haven't settled on a build yet. Apparently the pros/streamers are running a Swift Strike build. I don't really find any of his talents to be super important or impactful beyond the Q talent at 4 and Double Jump at 13.

Menchi

Are loot boxes contents decided when you open them or when they're obtained? Just curious whether it is worth leaving them till some more heroes release as I already have most of them

brian!

In QM the Q talent that increases damage to single heroes is pretty lit.

Yeah i like it a lot plus it's fairly easy to hit and makes him actually do damage.

I havent tried the e build yet but on paper it confuses me, like the q talent at 4 does more dmg and is more usable, cd talent seems like a waste, speed after e is redundant (though the numbers on it are very high, so it could be a fine pick just for that reason), shingan does better followup dmg, iunno but maybe it all clicks when using it in practice

Maledict

Are loot boxes contents decided when you open them or when they're obtained? Just curious whether it is worth leaving them till some more heroes release as I already have most of them

When opened, confirmed by blizzard. So yes you can save them.

I like valeera, I heard she had a horrible win rate when she came out but I cleaned pretty well in my first game with her. I was waiting for a 'wow rogue' hero for ages before and she fits perfectly well.

That said she really needs a combo point indicator on the healthbar on top of her head ALA Tracer's ammo bar.

I literally have no idea if I was eviscerating on 2 or 3 combo points because I never look on the bottom left of my screen, I just press the combo point abilities and assume I have enough for a 3 point evis.

It's not intuitive in it's current placement at all.

Fairly sure they confirmed during a 2.0 Q&A on reddit that it is when you open them?

Won

Checked out the bundles. Didn't realize how much I was missing from before I stopped playing the game.

Also got a good chuckle out of the boxes. Sooo much trash. Truly inspired by Overwatch.

Maybesew

I haven't played in a while, but got back in last night for a bunch of matches. The new maps seem fun.

I could use more friends though, my list seems to have gone dormant

maybesew#1152

You get 1000 gems at player level 5 and, as others have mentioned, 150 gems every 25 levels.

Your hero attacks when they're near something that can be attacked (except walls, idle mercs, idle objectives, or if you're stealthed), when you attack-move on the ground (A+left click), or when you right-click on an enemy.

When Tracer reloads, a blue bar appears on the screen with a slider that moves to the left. If you take the talent (Locked and Loaded?) then a marker gets added on the bar. Press the reload button again when the slider moves past the marker for the damage buff on your next clip. Hope that makes sense.

The correct time to reload manually is anytime you're not shooting/expecting to shoot (rotating, chasing, escaping). Note that Tracer automatically reloads when you mount.

The lane setup is a little less rigid in HotS than other MOBAs. Split sensibly and respond to the enemy team. Generally you want to have a strong solo laner (hero with self-sustain and decent wave clear) in the lane furthest from the other lanes/first objective spawns -- this differs by map.

No one knows.

Thank you.
It's gonna take me a while to get used to the flow of the game, but I'm finding it enjoyable.

Menchi

When opened, confirmed by blizzard. So yes you can save them.

Fairly sure they confirmed during a 2.0 Q&A on reddit that it is when you open them?

Thanks kindly. I'll probably save some of the higher tier ones.

The sheer amount of items in the game now makes waiting kinda silly but you do you.

Ehh, most of the cosmetic stuff aside from one or two skins are bunk to me. I don't play anywhere near enough to keep up with new heroes in Gold anymore so I'd rather have a chance of getting newer heroes, even if is a small chance.

Alur

Does anyone know if you can forge the Nexus Charger and Chinese Golden Horse mounts? If so, how much are they?

You can do the Golden Nexus Charger (the one from GCWC) for 400 shards. The Nexus Charger isn't available to craft, though. It'll probably pop back in as a gold sink again at some point, though, like the others have.

brian!

Ill post a smurf id later on, i have some ppl trying out the game again so ill prob play with them using it

Also eu frends im gonna make an eu smurf too so lets play sometime!

Alur

Yeah, you can do it that way brian.

Is there any way I can find out what rarety Cassia is?

Someone opened her up and said/implied she was legendary yesterday here in thread. It was Alavard:

Got Cassia in my first Veteran box. Sweeeeet.

He doesn't explicity say it was legendary, that was just my assumption based on the box he got her in. If he pops in he can probably tell us for sure.

brian!

Oh i have no idea, i know that you dont keep your stuff across regions but if the bundle thing is also region unique thatd work too

Since finding out about heroes having diff rarities i kinda assumed it would sort of follow gold prices and that all new heroes would be legendary

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It is. Rhaknar already tried it and it worked IIRC.

yes. Also, the heroes on sale ("featured heroes" 50% off) are all mad cheap in gems. Well, they are hafl off in gems lol.

Like Murky is 375 gems (usually 750gems like the rest), other heroes are 150 gems which are the cheapo guys like Illidan

1up

Got player level 500 yesterday. A ton of skins and some mounts. It feels great getting a new loot box when leveling.

Prelude.

The lootboxes were pretty cool. I was lv155 and I found Aba and Gengu, Cheerleader and red Succubus Kerrigan, Mecha Dehaka, green Demon Hunter Valeera (guess I'll have to buy her now) and other nice stuff. I'm still not sure how often I'm gonna get lootboxes, but shards seems tough to collect.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Morales very fast getting up there as my favorite healer.

I like my healers to be...well healers. None of dat Auriel gimmick crap damn it :(

Alavard

Morales very fast getting up there as my favorite healer.

I like my healers to be...well healers. None of dat Auriel gimmick crap damn it :(

Makes sense if you really do want to play a healbot. Auriel was created for support players who wanted to make more plays.

Uh... How do you use sprays/voice lines ingame?

Also someone said valeera just got hit with the nerf bat, where do I see these nerfs, is there like an mmo-champion for hots?

Alavard

Uh... How do you use sprays/voice lines ingame?

The default hotkey for the radial menu that includes sprays and voice lines is X

Also someone said valeera just got hit with the nerf bat, where do I see these nerfs, is there like an mmo-champion for hots?

The patch notes are here: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog...storm-20-launch-notes-april-25-2017-4-25-2017

When new ones are available, you can generally find them at: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/

Rhaknar

I'm wondering. So you can only buy skins with gems, aka real money, from the "featured list". I wonder if their metrics showed that most people only bought skins (hell, and heroes) when they were on the weekly sale. I know thats what I did back then, and a lot of people in the thread aswell.

Or they just want to push people buying loot boxes /shrug

My skills have eroded. That, and rag seems to have been nerfed alot since 3-4 months ago when I last played. Time to git gud (relatively speaking) again.

brian!

He's still really good but yeah theyve been making attempts to quell his oppressiveness

Checked out some of chu8 playing w/ dyrus and dyrus is already super legit at the game lol

Blues1990

As someone who plays Zarya and Lucio a lot in Overwatch, it's hilarious how my game sense and mechanics have transferred so easily from that game to this one. Literally no one can touch me as Lucio.

Lord Phol

As a Veteran player I received:

- 5 Normal Chests
- 44 Epic Chests
- 4 Veteran Chests

Any particular way I should be going with opening them and re-rolling to get the most out of them?

Top Bottom