• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Drencrom

I agree, but I think they're afraid of losing players. Same thing with the TDM vs objective modes Ranked controversy...

How would adding a level with a unique and intricate layout hurt the community? Most people in the UC4 MP community would probably welcome a map like Highrise because of how different compared the others it is.

Foxxsoxx

Yeah bringing Highrise back would be cool, which is weird considering it wasn't terribly great in U2 or U3 but could work here. That being said I doubt they'll do any more maps unless they add some for the expansion.

Treasury is pretty interesting, I really like the layout and the bookcase room is really neat. The setting is a bit tired though and I would have much liked something Madagascar themed or even something beach themed. Lots of cool things they could do that probably won't ever be made...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I can't even remember the last time a TDM match ended with: all 10 original players or ended with a full lobby. The massive quitting is unbelievable. This game has it MUCH worse than UC2 or UC3 ever did.

I can't even remember the last time a TDM match ended with: all 10 original players or ended with a full lobby. The massive quitting is unbelievable. This game has it MUCH worse than UC2 or UC3 ever did.
1neh4i.jpg

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
There was an update today. I have noticed Drake's Aegis is no longer 2 LP. It's 3 LP now, which is good cuz at 2 LP it's too good for its own good. I wonder what else changed...

There was an update today. I have noticed Drake's Aegis is no longer 2 LP. It's 3 LP now, which is good cuz at 2 LP it's too good for its own good. I wonder what else changed...

They started season 6, because master players from season 4 didn't get deranked with the start of season 5, so they just scrapped the whole thing. You'll still be able to get the S5 rewards, but only at the end of S6.

They also fixed an out of bounds exploit on Village. I noticed it the other day when at least 3 players on the other team repeatedly tried to glitch out of the confines of the playable area near the overturned truck. It was almost comical, because they were so bad and kept getting shot down every time. I tried it in a private match and all it takes is a well timed roll, followed by a quick jump (not my video). Good thing they fixed it, would have been really annoying if more people found out about that.

Is the multiplayer still pretty active? How does it compare to Uncharted 2's? Is there a bare bones mode? I'm picking up the game again today after selling it when I finished the story when it came out.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It's nothing like UC2 lol. It's more like TLOU. It focuses too much on team work so you'll always be getting team shot in most gun fights. People are always running in a pack, there's stupid AI, mysticals, and there's the downed system from TLOU MP. All maps follow the 3 lane path and verticalitiy doesn't exist in any of the maps. Still, I find it fun because of the gun play. It's the best in the series IMO.

Also, there was a bare bones mode called classic, but for some reason it was STILL in beta and was removed from the playlist again. It'll be back soon™

Nev

Banned
Basically, they made the best multiplayer in terms of pure gameplay and then they ruined it by turning the mechanics into some absurd TLOU-lite crap and in turn killed the community and Uncharted multiplayer just when they had the chance to make it huge thanks to the PS4's success.

Don't expect anything as good as pre-1.05 U2, beta or final patch U3, the player numbers or the healthy community from these games.

They introduced a classic mode (when the game was already pretty much dead) that was substantially better than the rest of the crappy MOBA/TLOU modes but for some reason they never keep it on the playlist.

Maps are Gears of War-esque garbage except for a few. If you expect the verticality and transversal that the series is known for you'll be dissapointed. This is now another generic TPS that had to dumb down every map to accomodate for the new bullshit AI, mysticals and revive system they forced into it.

The winner team is always the one which manages to stay as 5 for the longest time so they can spam revives. I hope you liked TLOU multiplayer, because the team behind Uncharted 4 multiplayer sure did and you better do too.

There's also a scammy grindfest F2P model on top of everything that locks new weapons behind random loot.

Have fun.

Spawn waves also contribute to team shooting... imagine decimating an entire team, only to have them spawn a few seconds later behind you.

Spawn waves have no place outside of Co-op. Whoever thought it was a good idea to introduce this in PvP MP should be fired. UC3 MP had a better spawn logic, along with Back in the Saddle which provided a deeper metagame for objective modes.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Agreed about the wave spawning. That's probably the BIGGEST factor to everyone always being together. The fact that you have to wait so you can spawn with the rest of your team mates pisses me off too much. If they were to remove it, it would severely decrease the major hand holding in this game and maybe make flanking more successful to those that don't want to play in a fucking pack all the time.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Agreed. But I still firmly believe that just removing the wave spawning would decrease everyone sticking together since they won't be able to spawn with each other. Maybe then gun fights can take place in several places at once instead of always being on one spot with both teams shooting at each other.

Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of smurfs in this game?
Haven't seen any smurfs, you sure your Ps4 isn't broken or maybe took some drugs?
if by smurfs you mean noobs,
then yes, it's always been like that. I usually get paired with 4 people without thumbs or are trying to play this game with their feet

Haven't seen any smurfs, you sure your Ps4 isn't broken or maybe took some drugs?
if by smurfs you mean noobs,
then yes, it's always been like that. I usually get paired with 4 people without thumbs or are trying to play this game with their feet
Smurfs are high level players who make new accounts to be matched up with low level players or play on low level only lobbies.

Smurfs are high level players who make new accounts to be matched up with low level players or play on low level only lobbies.
Ah, I had no idea. Matchmaking seems about the same for me. Usually 1-2 good players and the rest not that good. I'm gonna be playing today so I'll keep an eye out. Although I'm not 100% sure on how to spot them

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Ah, I had no idea. Matchmaking seems about the same for me. Usually 1-2 good players and the rest not that good. I'm gonna be playing today so I'll keep an eye out. Although I'm not 100% sure on how to spot them
Just look at their profile. If they only have this game or small amount of trophies then they're probably alts. There were many people with alts in UC2/UC3.

I only just started playing and I've been using the Warm Up playlist and I've seen players who know every nook and cranny of a map or in general seem way too skilled to be in Warm Up.

Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of smurfs in this game?

What? The game doesn't display the opposing teams ranking, so how would you even know? If it seems like people are playing outside of their skill bracket it's because the game resets everyone at the end of each season, so everyone has to climb through all over again.

If you're playing at silver rank, then you're playing with people who might soon be platinum, diamond, master etc.

That has been a "tradition" ever since the UC2 era. Too many cowards/stat whores.

Luckily, in this game grinding is a deterrent, so you must be really stupid to use alts IMHO...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I understand that noobs are a good thing in this game because it shows people still have interest in playing this game and without them, the game would slowly die away. but throw me a fucking bone once in a while and give me some fucking decent team mates for once. God, I've lost 8 matches in a row tonight because I keep getting stuck with brand new players. It's so frustrating.

I understand that noobs are a good thing in this game because it shows people still have interest in playing this game and without them, the game would slowly die away. but throw me a fucking bone once in a while and give me some fucking decent team mates for once. God, I've lost 8 matches in a row tonight because I keep getting stuck with brand new players. It's so frustrating.
You + 4 n00bs vs 5 tryhards = "balance"

I miss the UC2 menus... and to think they didn't even have a dedicated UI/UX designer back then...
at least we got the music back!

Drencrom

Cool, but Classic Mode is still in beta?! lol

Also, of all possible holidays they make an event for cinco de mayo, a holiday that is only celebrated by Mexicans and some Americans? Why didn't they do anything for international holidays like Christmas, Halloween etc? I'm also reminded that ND haven't added flag caps for Sweden, Norway or Denmark (Finland for some reason though).

WarWolf

Also, of all possible holidays they make an event for cinco de mayo, a holiday that is only celebrated by Mexicans and some Americans? Why didn't they do anything for international holidays like Christmas, Halloween etc? I'm also reminded that ND haven't added flag caps for Sweden, Norway or Denmark (Finland for some reason though).

Yeah, ND doesn't really put any effort into events. I mean... A Mexico cap? At least add a sweet sombrero or something. And yeah, choosing Cinco de Mayo and skipping bigger holdiays doesn't make much sense.

AKyemeni

Yeah, ND doesn't really put any effort into events. I mean... A Mexico cap? At least add a sweet sombrero or something. And yeah, choosing Cinco de Mayo and skipping bigger holdiays doesn't make much sense.

It was just a coincidence that they are releasing the beta on Cinco de Mayo.

Drencrom

It doesn't really matter what holiday they "celebrate" with an event, I personally just wish they did them more often. Not having a relic weekend thing around holiday season was just stupid.

Here's an idea ND, have a substantial update and relic bonus event when Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is released. That would be a good way to make people test/jump back into the MP when they finish the campaign.

Cool, but Classic Mode is still in beta?! lol

Christmas? LOL... they don't even do Hanukkah events anymore.

They should also add BRA and KSA caps.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm going to sound like a broken record, but they really need to address quitting in this game. It is unbelievable how rampant it is. Not a single match ends with 10 players. Smfh.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So uh. Today is the 1 year anniversary of the game. Nothing planned for MP. No gifts, double XP, double relics, hats. Nothing. This MP team sucks cuz the other games always had events or something they gave out.

So uh. Today is the 1 year anniversary of the game. Nothing planned for MP. No gifts, double XP, double relics, hats. Nothing. This MP team sucks cuz the other games always had events or something they gave out.
though the mp is so much fun i feel like it was such an afterthought. to this day there are dumb ass mechanics and imbalances

Top Bottom