• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
At first I was trying to get Ann, but then I changed course due to how strange Makoto makes me feel, and THEN Futaba shows up and by God she's awesome too.

Fuckin' hell mannn, I am so indecisive :(((((

Tell me this isn't OTP.

C88KQJkU0AEL1G9.jpg

Like milk and honey.

Lol, her 9th rank Confidant is sooo assuming and presumptuous, like "I know why you're always visiting me, come on, speak out now, don't be shy."

Like, hell naw girl, I visited you for that SP regen accessory and sweet restorative items, lol.

Poyunch

So I got points into Ann before I even started her Social Link. Did I just lose points?

I don't really mind since I'm interested in Makoto but the min-maxer in me is kinda peeved at the possibility that I messed up.

PixelatedBookake

Y'all complaining about the game not recognizing your relationship choices better have picked Rise in P4 lol

But yeah please tell me I'm not the only one sandbagging the FUCK out of Ohya/Reporter Girl? She does nothing for me. I'm a Makoto man all the way.

Y'all complaining about the game not recognizing your relationship choices better have picked Rise in P4 lol

But yeah please tell me I'm not the only one sandbagging the FUCK out of Ohya/Reporter Girl? She does nothing for me. I'm a Makoto man all the way.

Well Rise is a special case where she is the only one who pursues you since the start and ignores every other man. The perfect waifu.

But yes I went for her.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Ehhhh in P4 Golden there were multiple instances where the game actually acknowledged your chosen girl, like during the fireworks festival, etc etc.

Also, Yukiko >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rise.

Though so far yes, Makoto is really... something else.

The game actually does acknowledge your romances. Far into the game [tiny Dec spoiler]
Ryujii ask you something like "Do you want to get Married?'
and depending on your answers, the girls you are romancing will react accordingly. It gets kinda funny/awkward when you are romancing more than 1 girl from the squad and they all respond one after another.

Because I was mostly on media blackout I only had Makoto's biker outfit and no story/voice to go off of. Since her personality isn't badass biker chick she has unfortunately dropped in romance standings quite a bit.

Casual Doctor is so my type it hurts but is otherwise kinda droll. Reporter is high up there because she's a drunk asshole and doesn't take shit from anyone.

I'm surprised how much I like Ann, and Futaba is a treasure.

If you like Hifumi you're pretty much as boring as a sack of potatoes.

Raxus

I just got to June and I am feeling behind on several of my social links. Am I way too late to catch up by the end of the game?

So correct me if I'm wrong, if you're a cheating sack then on vday
you pick a girl, the others beat the crap out of you for being a two timer, then the game proceeds like it never happened and the finale every girl has romantic dialogue

Is this man right? Because that's my option if so. :D Wasn't it like this in Persona 4?

So correct me if I'm wrong, if you're a cheating sack then on vday
you pick a girl, the others beat the crap out of you for being a two timer, then the game proceeds like it never happened and the finale every girl has romantic dialogue
Actually it explains it pretty well
Soujiro, being best foster uncle, wingman's the fuck out of the situation and tells them all 1 on 1 that it was a misunderstanding and they are his only partner etc etc.

Is Makoto route going to be the way I'm thinking she is? Especially judging by her codename and all.

Edit: Wait, I don't think I wanna spoil it now. I'll look into it myself.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding the Sojirou thing even with that
despite enjoying the humor about the Shuraba(although it's kind asinine) event I kind of consider the romance aspect one of the worst things about P5. Seeing the lovers route confirmation dialog pop up in every female Confidant story line at generally the same rank was insanely immersion breaking and pretty stupid. That aspect is definitely still very juvenile and not well implemented to the point I'd prefer if they had just left it out of the game.

Completely abandoning tower and hanged man for this cycle as I won't make it.

I'm on my last week to get confidants and I am finishing up and I need help.

I can't find or trigger the request needed to level up the hierophant arcana to level 9. I think I missed a dialogue line Futaba mentioned.

I also can't seem to find the Sun Arcana guy anymore after the youknowwhat event on this date.
11/20
. I am at level 8 with him but I can't find him anywhere anymore.

Edit: I found him but I can't increase his level anymore. It says my deal with him is over. did I fuck up by ignoring him several times to hang out with my night shift waifus
Hifumi
?

Help please?

Eylos

Banned
I still havent decided, Just got Makoto in my team and for now she's OK, but nothing great, Ann surprised me,i really liked her personality

For now
Ann or the doctor

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Completely abandoning tower and hanged man for this cycle as I won't make it.

I'm on my last week to get confidants and I am finishing up and I need help.

I can't find or trigger the request needed to level up the hierophant arcana to level 9. I think I missed a dialogue line Futaba mentioned.

I also can't seem to find the Sun Arcana guy anymore after the youknowwhat event on this date.
11/20
. I am at level 8 with him but I can't find him anywhere anymore.

Help please?

Sun always only shows up on weekends or Sunday not sure anymore. But a reason why Confidants might not show up anymore is because you haven't finished the main story stuff. Happened to me a few times. That's why the best way for optimizing runs is generally finish up dungeons first to not block Confidants appearing.
As for Hierophant I might be wrong but it seems like you need to talk to Futaba in front of the store and do the Mementos things with only you two? It takes up an evening.

I still havent decided, Just got Makoto in my team and for now she's OK, but nothing great, Ann surprised me,i really liked her personality

For now
Ann or the doctor
That was my dilemma. I ultimately decided to watch the doctors scenes in YouTube and go for Anne. Because Anne is part of the main plot and cast and I liked her personality better. The doctors design though is fantastic.

Sun always only shows up on weekends or Sunday not sure anymore. But a reason why Confidants might not show up anymore is because you haven't finished the main story stuff. Happened to me a few times. That's why the best way for optimizing runs is generally finish up dungeons first to not block Confidants appearing.
As for Hierophant I might be wrong but it seems like you need to talk to Futaba in front of the store and do the Mementos things with only you two? It takes up an evening.

Dude that might be it! Makes sense in the context of where I am in the story. I wonder how it plays out though.
I am not sure if I have days left after a certain mission. Really wanted to max out that link for my new game plus cycle.

I think I might've wasted a day running in mementos instead of talking to Futaba. Now I am in a difficult position of should I rollback and lose the levels and personas I gained from that mementos run or continue ahead and risk it if I can make it in time.

Thanks for the answer!

Hey Gaf I have a question. I've gotten all if the quiz questions except for one correct, I've studied on multiple occasions, and I've done the cross word puzzle. What do I have to do to get my knowledge up? I'm still on level 1!

Eylos

Banned
That was my dilemma. I ultimately decided to watch the doctors scenes in YouTube and go for Anne. Because Anne is part of the main plot and cast and I liked her personality better. The doctors design though is fantastic.
Yeah i share the same opinion, im leaning to Ann because she is part of the main cast

Eylos

Banned
Hey Gaf I have a question. I've gotten all if the quiz questions except for one correct, I've studied on multiple occasions, and I've done the cross word puzzle. What do I have to do to get my knowledge up? I'm still on level 1!
Knowledge is the hardest to Go up, thats normal

Why do my teammates keep making me do stuff on Friday or Saturday night even though
it's one of the few times I can make progress trying to date our teacher?

Was advancing Makoto's confident (Rank 2 or 3, not sure which), and this option showed up and made my day.

I was too nice to actually select it tho, so I don't know how she responded. >_>;

That's right up there with suggesting Morgana might
actually be a car
(though I was nice and didn't chose that either).

Yusuke stop calling me I'm trying to mack on Ann, Maid and Hifumi bro, you are cramping my style. Summer is for them, not you.

Yet as much as I like Makoto she always wants to hang out at the WORST times. Ann has been in the lead, but Hifumi has quickly grown on me.

But Mishima...he has the highest link with me and...just...what, I don't even like that kid.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yusuke stop calling me I'm trying to mack on Ann, Maid and Hifumi bro, you are cramping my style. Summer is for them, not you.

Yet as much as I like Makoto she always wants to hang out at the WORST times. Ann has been in the lead, but Hifumi has quickly grown on me.

But Mishima...he has the highest link with me and...just...what, I don't even like that kid.

Moon Arcana always seem to feature weird people, lol.

Zafir

I feel that the game ship Makoto secretly with Mc. I see some hints from time to time.

Yeah, I feel like she's the default choice for the summer spoilers
Hawaii trip
too. Like if you haven't selected anyone as a romance yet.
Maybe the choice before affects it slightly too, though, I'm not sure.

I had Ann higher than her and I still got Makoto. Not that I'm particularly complaining - the only reason she wasn't higher was because getting any higher with Makoto required 5 charm.

Zafir

I didn't think you could romance the teacher, well not 'officially'?

Other confidants come up saying "Choose your words carefully" when you're getting the option to commit to a relationship. It never came up saying that with her for me. There was dialogue choice which could have been considered you telling her I guess (I didn't pick it...) However, considering it doesn't warn you, I can't imagine the game thinks that it's a romance 'officially'?

Top Bottom