• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2012 | General Information and FAQ

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Is this actually the first time nothing huge got leaked before E3 ?
last year we knew the ps vita name year before something else that I already forgot (lol)

Still plenty of time for leaks to happen. Remember the guy that was hiding while Sony were rehearsing their conference?

• Microsoft'slive stream will take place on Monday, June 4th, at 9:30 AM PST. You'll be able to catch it over Xbox Live, on Spike TV, The Xbox Facebook Page, or on Gametrailers TV or from Xbox.com.
  • Ubisoft'slive stream is going to take place on Monday, June 4th, at 3:00 PM PST. You can catch the stream on their uplay website.
  • Sony's live stream is going to take place on Monday, June 4th, at 6:00 PM PST. You can catch the stream on their website.
  • Nintendo'slive stream is going to take place on Tuesday, June 5th, at 9 AM PST. You can catch the stream on their website.

Beyond the developer event's you'll be able to watch live streams of various things at E3 on the following websites. Some of these sites may consistently live stream while others may only do it for select things.

• E3's Youtube Channel This one comes most recommended by me.
  • G4TV
  • twitch.tv
  • Uplay A stream of select Ubisoft titles at various times during E3
  • IGN As a bonus, IGN will also be live streaming through their Xbox Live App.
  • Game Trailers TV This is likely to be a constant stream as this is E3's biggest streaming partner.
  • E3 Insider Suggested by VRTX Raptor.
Thanks

Is there a Neogaf IRC server or anything?
You know, incase the site melts and I need somewhere to vent about how amazing/lame something is, lol.

At least it is a bank holiday for us though across those two days.

Over the past years, I think it was on GlobalGamers in the channel #gaf-e3. Last I heard, they had a webchat over at webchat.globalgamers.net that went directly to the channel. :)

One of the best OPs I've seen.

I always look forward to E3 week. So much insider-ish comedy comes out of it. The kind of shit none of my cousins or friends would find funny, at all. Looking forward to what GAF comes up with, especially in the .gif thread.

Mr Jared

Hey all, I just got done posting our E3 schedule over on TwitchTV-

http://blog.twitch.tv/2012/06/01/watch-e3-2012-live-on-twitchtv/

More importantly, here are countdown links for when all the major press briefings will be airing via http://twitch.tv/gamespot

- Microsoft E3 Press Briefing
- EA Games E3 Press Briefing
- Ubisoft E3 Press Briefing
- Sony E3 Press Briefing
- Nintendo E3 Press Briefing

If you've never used tmdwn, it is a magical website that will whisk you away to the url in question as soon as the timer hits zero. Very useful the morning of ;)

Seda

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody know which streams zoom out and don't show the trailers during the conference? That's really annoying but I keep forgetting which streams do it.

Is Gametrailers' stream going to be rewind-able like it was last year? I'm really banking on that since I'm not going to be able to watch a couple of shows live but I don't want to just read the news from headlines.

Glass Rebel

Geoff posted their full E3 schedule in pdf format. http://trailers-ak.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/e3_pdf/E3_Schedule_v4.pdf

There something new for the Xbox Conference. "Grammy Award Winning Artist Set to perform at the Xbox Conference."

The Cave
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Halo 4
Tomb Raider
Darksiders II
Metro: Last Light
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Assassin's Creed 3
FarCry 3
Dishonored
Hawken

and Wii U stuff

Can't say I'm not looking forward to next week.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Its the same IRC channel as always. I think there isn't an issue with this anymore (We have Tinychats and other IRCs) but if its wrong I'll just delete it. Just don't make an issue out of it around the forums, Evilore got pissed when that happened some years back

irc.globalgamers.net
#gaf-e3

See you guys around =)

Posted this over in my deals thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456563&page=12

Hey guys,

Question for you. I'm going to be out of pocket all next week at E3. I've got 3 communities I participate in regularly (here, CAG, and /r/gamedeals). I've offered to post pics of cool stuff my team and I see at E3 while we're there and post in these forums.

CAG sounds like they are down for it. The response from /r/gamedeals is mixed.

Thoughts? Do you want to see stuff from E3? Let me know either way.

I'll be updating pics in the evenings after the show/dinners, should I limit my updates to my deal thread (linked to above) or put them in here too?

Cheers,
Tony

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon Video Gamer, you can if you want post links or thumbnails to the images in this thread, just make it easy for people to view. As for images, if you could track down E3 bear and take a new photo, it'd be swell.

zlatko

Banned
21376638.jpg

Dartastic

Do you guys know how well the various places will be able to handle streaming on iPad? I want to watch the conferences and bring only my iPad to LA, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to stream the conferences and whatnot. Yeah.

For those looking for a E3 chat experience other than IRC, we're gonna be at the NeoGAF Tinychat all week for E3. Tonight we'll kick it off with the Nintendo Direct webcast, and then we'll be doing all the conferences all week. One of our guys is at E3 as well, and has a big schedule to demo a lot of things, including a bunch of Wii U stuff, so he'll be stopping by and giving us the scoop.

For those who don't know what Tinychat is, there are 12 cam spots open for people to go on and talk. There is also a text chat. It's a different experience than most of GAF is used to, especially if you're from IRC, but it's fun. We did E3 last year and was very successful.
Link is in the OP, but for those who missed it. http://www.tinychat.com/tinygaffers

Acheteedo

I'm going to miss the Microsoft press conference, in previous years we've had some spoiler free links to download the press conferences after they occur, anything like that this year?

Top Bottom