• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

LiK

Jumped in to farm for costumes after a long hiatus, something seems off in a match I had, I was shooting as McCree and was missing a Hanzo player. On his screen I was shooting him hit him 2 or 3 times and did nothing, it was not whiffing his head, would be hitting him in the body. WTF is up with this?

Maybe you were lagging.

Another weekend, another "i need 2 more arcade wins" followed by 6 losses in mystery heroes despite solid performances.
Finally got the two wins but uurrrgh, why has this mode heel turned on me as of late?

Chance

Got a beautiful Mercy rez last night.

https://youtu.be/OM5UhOOWPwA

You can see me hesitate, for a moment, when I step out and McCree does his High Noon callout.
  • If it wait much longer, I won't be able to rez D.Va.
  • If I go for it, he'll probably just get me with his high noon.
  • He could just hold the High Noon until I'm no longer able to rez Bastion.
  • I probably won't be able to get to D.Va before he lands it.
  • There's no way I'll be able to time this right.
  • Fuck it, I'm goin' for it.

EAT IT, MCCREE!

(Sorry, D.Va.)

Playing mercy 2 games out of 3, go 2-1, up 45 points.

This shit is so dumb, hopefully this will be fixed next season.

Still think Ana is better on attack though to keep those tanks alive, talking about console here.

Doomfist is my favorite screwing around hero in qp lol I just punched a teleporting Reaper right off the edge of the map. This is also my first real try with DF.

Wasn't able to watch everything live but this new look Faze team is soooooo much fun.

Time for me to clap back on all the haters who told me Carpe wasn't as good as I thought he was.

Owzers

Still think Ana is better on attack though to keep those tanks alive, talking about console here.
You picked the right main, don't ask for it to be fixed.

Seriously...fuck these loot boxes I've been getting.

My 30th opened event box and I still don't have any event skins. Just got a legendary, but it was fucking coins.

So that's 3 legendary drops...old Ana skin, last year event tracer, and now coins.

randome

Damn, the number of mercys that just won't rez is amazing. That and people who refuse to switch have ruined comp for me tonight omg.

Damn, season ends in a week.

I got 7 days to gain 176sr and hit plat. Not gonna accept anything less.

Actually I need to hit like 2700 since placements will prolly low ball again.

Blues1990

I didn't realise new costumes changed voice lines, the ones you say manually yourself anyway.

I know Mei's voice line "You have to let it go." is replaced with "You have to let it snow." if the "Mei-rry" skin is equipped, but aside from the 2017 Summer Games skins (Soldier 76 with his Grillmaster 76 skin says "Smells like freedom." instead of "Smells like victory."), I don't know if any of the others follow suit.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I think I had a 50 as pharah one game today.
Also, lately I keep getting in matches where some one on my teams quits before the match is over.

Blues1990

When playing today, I heard this character interaction (as D.Va) with the Reinhardt on our team:

D.Va: "Seeing what happened after the war here gives me hope for the rebuilding of my country."

Reinhardt: "Hana, things can be destroyed. But as long as the people are strong, they can always be rebuilt."

Don't know if it's new or been in the game for ages, but I'm always down for some voice interactions that give a bit of character development for the heroes. Especially D.Va, who has been a bit short-changed in that department.

MrPanic

Holy shit this event is trolling me. 3 lootboxes in a row.

1st box: Legendary non-event Ana skin Wasteland, recolor of the one I already had.
2nd box: Legendary non-event Roadhog skin Toa, recolor of the one I already had.
3rd box: Legendary non-event Torb skin Barbarossa, recolor of the one I already had.

Haven't gotten a skin I liked so far, so depressing.

Talonz

I've LOST as Mercy and gained SR. That's how broken the SR thing is for her.

seriously when youre diamond none of your mains are good. thats why youre in diamond. just fucking switch off your crappy genji/hanzo/widow and let the people who actually understand the game play the dps slots

2 games in a row with a 4-stack that all go dps. Absolute stomps, the fuck is wrong with this community?

I wish they would just have a solo only Q. The player base is plenty big enough, so there's no excuse not to.

Blues1990

2 games in a row with a 4-stack that all go dps. Absolute stomps, the fuck is wrong with this community?

I wish they would just have a solo only Q. The player base is plenty big enough, so there's no excuse not to.

It wouldn't shock me to see this continue onto Season 6, as players have stopped caring.

My game keeps crashing. Very frustrating when playing competitive. I even rolled my drivers back to the previous version. I have an RX 480. Is there anything I can do to fix this??

MCD

Whenever I see them go full DPS I yell:

Loooook at this team

We gonna do greeeeeeat

Lol

It wouldn't shock me to see this continue onto Season 6, as players have stopped caring.

It's just stupid. I mean, why are you even playing comp if you don't give a fuck anymore.

There's plenty other modes to play. I used to think it was the golden weapon skins but, you have to win to get CP so I dunno.

Everytime I get above 2300 this season I get nothing but troll stacks on my team.

The last game someone was playing Doomfist...with a 0.84 elims per life. While his 3 buddies played Hanzo, Genji, Widow.

Gorillaz

It probably will. While I do think getting creative with tanks and healers heroes could help I don't see how blizzard can offset player emotion at this point. Some things are beyond updates, events and new heroes.

My four-stacks I've had this weekend have actually been pretty good about their picks. Anytime I have had 2 stacks of 2 on a team, though, they have all gone DPS/ Defense, like daring the others to change.

I also had one match with four (4!) Genji mains on my team. Like less than an hour on anyone not Genji, the lot of them. So who does an intrepid Genji main choose when his lovable glass ninja is unavailable?
Bastion, Hanzo, and Widowmaker, of course. We lost, needless to say.

Nobody on my team used my Orisa shield on defence. I mean, why?

I honestly forgot shields exist over this season. It's weird to see one advancing on you, and I had to survive without them as Zen, so now it feels weird and constrictive when there's an Orisa shield just laying out there.

Winston bubble aside, of course.

Blues1990

It's just stupid. I mean, why are you even playing comp if you don't give a fuck anymore.

There's plenty other modes to play. I used to think it was the golden weapon skins but, you have to win to get CP so I dunno.

Everytime I get above 2300 this season I get nothing but troll stacks on my team.

The last game someone was playing Doomfist...with a 0.84 elims per life. While his 3 buddies played Hanzo, Genji, Widow.

It probably will. While I do think getting creative with tanks and healers heroes could help I don't see how blizzard can offset player emotion at this point. Some things are beyond updates, events and new heroes.

I'm trying to figure out the reason(s) why people have stopped caring about Competitive Mode. Between the poor balance changes to the awful SR system, I think one of the bigger issues is that the dev's balance philosophy of slow balancing cycles with more thought-out balance changes isn't paying off when most of their changes are either insignificant or are knee-jerk changes made on the fly, and it's hurting the game.

AngryMoth

Anyone who plays PS4 in the Asia region have issues with servers? I just moved here and I've got 16ms ping on a 100 meg connection but the game is hanging when it connects to a game and I'm getting a lot of lag. Got kicked from my last qp game due to bad connection.

Winston is considered OP?

His weapon does hardly anything, his shield can be destroyed within seconds, he's a massive, massive, target.

The only time I'm bothered about seeing a Winston in the opposite side is if I've gone Symmetra.

Winston is considered OP?

His weapon does hardly anything, his shield can be destroyed within seconds, he's a massive, massive, target.

The only time I'm bothered about seeing a Winston in the opposite side is if I've gone Symmetra.

he has massive synergy with tracer and dva, who are the "core" of the infamous dive comp that has dominated competitive since the start of the season. the 3 super mobile backline divers will quickly nuke down supports and have insane survivability due to defense matrix, the relatively low CD bubble and recall.

he has massive synergy with tracer and dva, who are the "core" of the infamous dive comp that has dominated competitive since the start of the season. the 3 super mobile backline divers will quickly nuke down supports and have insane survivability due to defense matrix, the relatively low CD bubble and recall.

Oh, so THAT'S what "dive comp" is. I've seen it bandied about the place for a while but have never bothered to look into it.

Luckily I play on the Xbox and no one has any idea what team work means.

Lucky me hey!

IKizzLE

Oh, so THAT'S what "dive comp" is. I've seen it bandied about the place for a while but have never bothered to look into it.

Luckily I play on the Xbox and no one has any idea what team work means.

Lucky me hey!

People on all platforms use dive comp. It all depends on SR. Winston is in literally every one of my comp games, with a combination of tracer, genji and pharah.

Top Bottom