• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Any of you guys got good PS4 footage with no commentary? Most of the vids out there for the PS4 either has commentary or idiotic chattering going on. Want something that just showcases "unscripted" gameplay for a friend whos curious about the title.

I just joined the clan, doesn't seem too active to me =( We do have a wicked sick space dojo though.

Seems like everyone is waiting for the next big update to come back.

We have some nice nights. Just no today it seems... I don't play tonight because my internet is shit for some reason.

Reallink

The core gameplay here is quite fun--if a little unpolished. Unfortunately the whale hunt design seems to be a game breaking turn off. Progression and drops are slower than a constipated turd without the opening of wallets. PS4 version runs pretty bad, frame rate is in constant fluctuation.

SMK

Yeah, I'm having alot of fun on the PS4 version. The button placement is kinda weird though, and I don't like the toggle for crouch and sprint. But overall, it's not that bad.

I really like how the patch download displayed what was in the patch. I know in the PC world that's a common practice but I've never seen that done on a console patch. Dice, take note.

belmonkey

The core gameplay here is quite fun--if a little unpolished. Unfortunately the whale hunt design seems to be a game breaking turn off. Progression and drops are slower than a constipated turd without the opening of wallets. PS4 version runs pretty bad, frame rate is in constant fluctuation.

Wasn't the framerate the reason they supposedly toned down particles? Thought it would be pretty good after that.

cjdunn

Disappointed that I can't change L1/R1 to aim/shoot. The game ran well on the PS4 (after another, internal 250MB patch).

I should boot up the PC version again.

Does the game have splitscreen or not? Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that it had it in an event, but I signed into another account when I was playing and it didn't work at all.

Parakeetman

Does the game have splitscreen or not? Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that it had it in an event, but I signed into another account when I was playing and it didn't work at all.

Yep will second that, no split screen in the game. Devs said that they were as surprised as the person asking about it lol The quote is floating around here on the forums.

belmonkey

There are also toggles for motion blur, DoF, and bloom that I turned off.

The last time I played Warframe must have been before I even knew what bloom was, and I always wondered why the game looked so blurry at max settings. It's nice that they added bloom as togglable on PS4.

Lol, I just sliced a dude's head off and slashed another one at the torso. How did this game get a T rating :D Lot to get used to at first, should be playing this on my PC for all the particle effects but it's neat to play it on the PS4.

How much money/stuff did that end up being? Do you remember?

I think it was something like 200 platinum, 73,000 credits, a gun, and two boosters that last for 3 days from the moment you log in.

really wanted to play tonight but it couldn't connect so i played killzone instead.

Zakalwe

Banned
Don't expect stable frames. I have a PC that should eat this game as a light afternoon snack, and it struggles to maintain stability even if I turn everything to low.

How do I equip powers for Loki? Do I have to earn them? Find them? Somewhat confused.

Also, is there a way to compare stats? How do I know if a Braton is better than a MK-1 Braton?

Nokterian

Don't expect stable frames. I have a PC that should eat this game as a light afternoon snack, and it struggles to maintain stability even if I turn everything to low.

Never had any issue on pc,very stable framerate on highest settings with Nvidia PhysX on.

Parakeetman

Thats gotta be your PC. Since mine isnt even whats considered mid tier anymore and it runs the game just fine on its default settings.

Just spent about 90 minutes playing this, while streaming. It's fun with. Haven't quite figured out the Vanquish style combos yet, but will continue to play and stream when possible.

Just spent about 90 minutes playing this, while streaming. It's fun with. Haven't quite figured out the Vanquish style combos yet, but will continue to play and stream when possible.

Run, crouch : power slide. From here, shoot, or melee or jump and shoot or/melee

same for wall runs : run, jump to wall run, shoot while running, then power jump from wall to crouch (slide jump) and empty your clip like a badass ninja

here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPU37H5klSI

Zakalwe

Banned
Thats gotta be your PC. Since mine isnt even whats considered mid tier anymore and it runs the game just fine on its default settings.

Two things:

The forums are full of users baffled by the performance of this game. They, like myself, have PCs that run everything else perfectly and only have issues with WF.

I've yet to see evidence of consistently stable 60fps in Void.

Let me say, for much of the game my frame rates are solid as a rock, then they'll suddenly drop for no specific reason. Sometimes high wave defense is smooth as silk, other times it's a slideshow. The engine is unstable, and even their support have acknowledged the issue on their end when I've contacted them.

So no, it's probably not my PC.

MightyKAC

Two things:

The forums are full of users baffled by the performance of this game. They, like myself, have PCs that run everything else perfectly and only have issues with WF.

I've yet to see evidence of consistently stable 60fps in Void.

Let me say, for much of the game my frame rates are solid as a rock, then they'll suddenly drop for no specific reason. Sometimes high wave defense is smooth as silk, other times it's a slideshow. The engine is unstable, and even their support have acknowledged the issue on their end when I've contacted them.

So no, it's probably not my PC.

I've never once seen this this game drop 1 frame below 60 and I'm running it with a HD 5870 on pretty much max everything. I'm betting there's a setting that's causing your issue because REALLY shouldn't be taxing your PC at all.

Can someone tell me how to equip powers please?

Step 1: get the right mod.

Step 2: go to Arsenal, then Upgrade, then drop the mod in one of the four corners IF YOU HAVE THE POINTS FOR IT. If not then level up and repeat step 2.

Zakalwe

Banned
I've never once seen this this game drop 1 frame below 60 and I'm running it with a HD 5870 on pretty much max everything. I'm betting there's a setting that's causing your issue because REALLY shouldn't be taxing your PC at all.

You're right it shouldn't, it's an issue with the engine. Support have confirmed it, and that they're working on it. I've been in contact with them for some time now.

I would love to see evidence of you guys running a void mission, T3 with lots of stuff on screen, maintaining a stable 60fps.

Zakalwe

Banned
What kind of system are you running?

One that exceeds the requirements by a lot.

As I said, even support have acknowledged the issue isn't my end and that they're aware of it. There are many users on the main forum who have this issue who shouldn't be, too.

One of my recent exchanges with support:

If you could provide me with ee.logs for these ocassions I believe our Programing team can see what is happening and try to fix the problem.
We have had reports of people with high end computers having the same problems.

This has more to do with the quadcores processors and our game engine. We are still doing lots of optimization for different systems and always welcome any new data.

MightyKAC

One that exceeds the requirements by a lot.

As I said, even support have acknowledged the issue isn't my end and that they're aware of it. There are many users on the main forum who have this issue who shouldn't be, too.

Well all righty then, good luck to you and I hope your issue get resolved.

Oh god, I had a plus 80% vitality mod that I just lost in a fusion. And I don't know what I did but I now have half the shield as well. I messed up ;-;

Thanks for the help Mighty!

Zakalwe

Banned
Oh god, I had a plus 80% vitality mod that I just lost in a fusion. And I don't know what I did but I now have half the armor as well. I messed up ;-;

Thanks for the help Mighty!

I know the onus is on us to be careful, but we're not perfect. I would love the option to lock out my max or highly leveleld mods so I couldn't accidently fuse them.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Everything in this game seems prohibitively expensive. I'd gladly put down 10$ if it'd get me anything interesting, but I'm pretty sure every Warframe is priced at little bit more than what you get for 10$.

Pretty much impossible to make an impulse purchase.

PSN: Heyo_Rockbreaker
Timezone: CST

I'm really liking this game so far. I still have some trouble with controls though. I suppose it just takes some getting used to.

i hopped into the starting mission on mercury and i dunno what happened but the lighting is much better. Before it was too dark and bland, but now it looks great.

Lucent

Played the first couple levels. Felt like the game was just gonna be repetitive with same enemies and the levels looking similar.

Played a couple more and then noticed how to use mods and stuff. I'm definitely giving the game more time. I mean I really like the look of the frames. Game looks clean and runs smooth. My only complain about the controls is that you can't change the melee. It's just really awkward to use the sword. Pretty much have to stand still to use it. Haven't found a practical reason to do wall runs and stuff either.

Is there a way to get more of that rare currency? Not the green colored stuff but the grey blocks looking one that I only have 200 of? lol.

TheMink

4 times in a row my console has frozen when installing Warframe.

Anyone alse??

What do i do?

I've already tried re downloading the client

Edit: nvm, 5th times a charm i giess

trying to connect to 2 friends seems impossible. shows them as offline :/ can play fine with randoms tho so not all is lost-just dissapointing

Jobbs

Banned
someone help me kill councilor vay hek (earth). sitting in pre-mission and it wont find anyone else doing this (so far). been waiting a couple min.

Run, crouch : power slide. From here, shoot, or melee or jump and shoot or/melee

same for wall runs : run, jump to wall run, shoot while running, then power jump from wall to crouch (slide jump) and empty your clip like a badass ninja

here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPU37H5klSI

That's helpful for a lot of things I didn't know were possible. In one of the first 4 or 5 maps we played last night we had to do the wall run to access vents and that was cool to figure out. I'll the rest a go. Thanks.

BPoole

Everything in this game seems prohibitively expensive. I'd gladly put down 10$ if it'd get me anything interesting, but I'm pretty sure every Warframe is priced at little bit more than what you get for 10$.

Pretty much impossible to make an impulse purchase.
Wait until you get a 50% plat coupon for your login reward. Then buy a $50 pack for $25 and that should keep you set for a long time

Top Bottom