• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronico

The new update just made every weapon except the most basic not directly purchaseable with credits. Gotta craft everything now... and a lot of them cost WAY too much alloy plate. Bad move, DE.

Only have one Frame left to get to 30, Rhino! In celebration I just put a Reactor in all the Warframes in my collection, and have one left over for Vauban... Whenever I get him, lol. Note: I only bought 1 of those Reactors!

Now what to do with these 10 Catalysts...

pJ1gOmi.png

Seems like everyone I know moved on to another game already, and no one's ever on when I am in the GAF clan :(

Bombless

I'll probably return sometime in the future, but at the moment there isn't much to bring me back. Going to give them time for a couple content patches.

Just noticed the thread got moved to Community.

And yay! Update 8! Hopefully I have a large enough chunk of mats to put forward to the dojo. Probably going to need a ton of Alloy Plates... And I've also been holding onto a bunch of blueprints just in case we can trade them between guild members.

UPDATE 8: Rise of the Warlords

qi6czwS.jpg

ADDITIONS:

GRINEER GALLEON (NEW LOCATION SET!)
-At last we can reveal the Grineer ships!
-Explore vast, rusted chambers evocative of an amazing space-submarine vibe that exudes the gritty bulk of the Grineer Army!
-The Grineer ships come with new vicious enemies, hell-bent on dismembering any Tenno intruders.
-Lieutenant Lech Kril has been training and this already formidable Grineer boss has new tricks up his sleeve.

OROKIN VOID (NEW SECRET LOCATION SET!)
-An exciting new tile-set hidden within a dimensional fold!
-Players can buy or loot Void Keys to open up exciting loot runs in the Ancient Orokin Towers.
-Explore the hidden fortresses of the Ancient Orokin race!
-But beware, these are dangerous places, fraught with traps and guarded by the corrupted remains of past-raiders!

DOJO BUILDING (ALPHA)
-Brand new tile set with Tenno architecture & design
-New set of possibilities for user-created levels begins with our Dojo Building (Alpha).
-Clan members contribute resources to fund construction projects to build their Clan 'Dojo'.
-Architects have total control of the layout, selecting hallways, junctions and special rooms to build.
-Clan members 'vote with their resources', funding the construction to completion.
-Note: Expect a few bumps as this is an ambitious new feature for Warframe: player-created levels! We will be working hard to smooth out the kinks and pave the way for amazing player-built future of Warframe!
-The Dojo can be accessed by joining or creating a clan. Doing this automatically puts a Dojo Key blueprint in your inventory to craft.

DOJO RESEARCH (ALPHA)
-Clans can build Dojo rooms that open up Technology research options...
-This gives your clan access to an array of deadly new weapons only accessible through the research system.
-Clan members collect research samples and pool resources to fund advanced new weaponry projects.
-Upon completion, members have access to Blueprints allowing them to build never-seen-before weaponry in their Foundry!

DUELING (ALPHA)
-Clans can build special dueling rooms to challenge your Clan members to friendly duels!
-Clan members can watch the action and cry foul... our small dueling team is eager for feedback and have been careful to balance dueling in a way that only affects the Duels.

POLARIZE WEAPON SYSTEM!
-Got your gear to level 30? Prepare to Polarize!
-With the newly discovered “Forma”, you can now add or swap a Polarity value on your gear every time you reach level 30.
-Forma can be purchased or found through Daily Login Rewards, Alerts, or possible Mission rewards for completing missions in The Void.

HUD IMPROVEMENTS!
-Viewing your party’s stats is now a Toggle option instead of Hold key!
-Want to take some fancy screenshots.. WITHOUT the HUD? Now you can!

WHAT IS STALKER?
-We don’t know.. but we’ve heard killing him can garner quite the reward…

NEW WEAPONS & GEAR!
-20+ new weapons added in this update!
-Tenno crafted Kunai (throwing daggers) available in the market for a silent weapon option in your pistol slot.
-New Grineer weapons added to the Market including the Machete, Dual Cleavers, and the lethal Vulkar sniper rifle.
-By popular demand the Market also now has a single-handed Ether Sword, and Dual Broncos for sale.
-As mentioned above, Clan Research brings 9 exciting new player weapons to Warframe, but you need to build your research facilities to discover them!
-Energy weapons, Biological Toxins and high-impact explosives are waiting to be uncovered.
-In addition to these weapons, there are 5 rare weapons to chase in special drops. Who will discover them first?
-New Sentinel Pet available in the Marketplace...the infamous Dethcube!
-Looking for blueprint components to build your Frost Prime? Seek out the Orokin Towers in the Void!

BRAND NEW MODS!

-Sanctuary - Creates a shield around the player when they are reviving fallen allies.
-Reach - Extends melee reach by %
-Master Thief - % chance to unlock locked lockers.
-Insulation - Reduces effect of environment ice on shields.
-Rage - Damage done to your health is added to your energy.
-Melee Channel - Any energy you expend in casting is added to your next melee strike.
-Acrobat - Reduces stamina cost on wallruns!
-Hawk Eye - Pistol zoom
-Eagle Eye - Rifle zoom

CHANGES:

- Ambient FX for Vauban's Tesla ability have been toned down
- Infested enemy types now play reaction to Banshee Soundquake.
- Rhino's Iron Skin ability once again gives push immunity.
- Rhino's Iron Skin ability damage absorption values capped: but up to a damage (d) cap of: 200 d, 400 d, 600 d, and 800 d based on mod rank.
- Rhino’s Iron Skin ability draws Aggro from enemies.
- Alloy Drop Rates have increased and been added as a resource to Pluto
- Recipes for crafting weapons have been adjusted to a lower resource requirement.
- Ash's Shuriken improvements added: it now seeks targets and multiple projectiles added at higher ranks.
FIXES:

- Fixed issue where Vauban's Bounce ability could be used to chain-incapacitate humanoid enemies during their recovery state.
- Fixed issue where some Warframe powers would be available even if you didn't have the mod equipped.
- Fixed misnamed Ash Systems blueprint.
- Fixed some animation event and damage deformer related crashes
- Fixed bug with Extermination Missions not being able to be completed.
- Fix for fused ability mod, it now properly and consistently increases power.

Additional Information:

- "WHERE IS TRADING?" It is still being worked on, not ready for deployment yet.
- Team standing by for bug reports!

Let's go for research rooms to get them crazy new weapons!

And, welcome to the beginning of our Dojo!

Found this vid on Update 8

^Invite sent!

Only big bummer I see is that crafting dojo stuff takes those new Forma items... Which can only be gotten from login reward, alerts, or of course, platinum. I can understand the specific rooms like the dueling arena and research rooms and stuff, but the hallways? C'mon...

And given the current activity of the clan, it's going to take for friggen ever. Plus, people are going to want those Formas for their weapons...

Hm hm hm.

Flipyap

^Invite sent!

Only big bummer I see is that crafting dojo stuff takes those new Forma items... Which can only be gotten from login reward, alerts, or of course, platinum. I can understand the specific rooms like the dueling arena and research rooms and stuff, but the hallways? C'mon...

And given the current activity of the clan, it's going to take for friggen ever. Plus, people are going to want those Formas for their weapons...

Hm hm hm.
There are no two ways about it - if we want a proper dojo, we'd have to move this operation to a proper clan. This update was designed with huge (or at least very/obscenely active) groups in mind.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm getting this right... to get inside your clan's hangout space, you first need to craft a key for 12 hours/10 spacebucks? I'm trying to keep liking this game but, man, it's such an abusive scam.

Hm.

Well, I could make a thread on the Warframe forums with an open invite to clan NeoGAF. Maybe make a pun saying it won't take a year to get accepted :p

Or, we can make a new clan with a snazzy name to attract new members, and post that on the forums.

Either way, I think we need to have a massive recruitment of non-GAF players in the clan if we ever want a proper Dojo. Because, let's face it, our clan is pretty friggen dead with GAF members alone. Hell, half the clan count is actually people who haven't accepted their invites yet. Not to mention this OT is now hidden in Community where no new people will see it...

Or! We can all go our separate ways and join other clans.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I contributed to the hallway! I'm helping! I'm helping!

There are no two ways about it - if we want a proper dojo, we'd have to move this operation to a proper clan. This update was designed with huge (or at least very/obscenely active) groups in mind.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm getting this right... to get inside your clan's hangout space, you first need to craft a key for 12 hours/10 spacebucks? I'm trying to keep liking this game but, man, it's such an abusive scam.

Yeah crafting the key just to get to the dojo is ridiculous.

It'd be better if the dojo started off small and you can build it out from there.

metalshade

Hey guys, I am really looking forward to getting stuck back in to this when they give me the option to account wipe when the Beta is over (I wasted platinum early on, I want it back.)
I have been a paid up member since day 1, and I am pretty sure I am in the clan already, or I used to be before it got wiped awhile back.
I just wanted to know, is the clan going strong, are the new changes working well, will I be al-right to start again from scratch?
I think what I will probably do is donate ALL my resources to the clan dojo effort...then wipe so I get all my plat back, and start from scratch.

Nome

Could I get an invite to the clan as well? Name is SuperNomegeta.

I've been rolling solo for the past month but this update seems to make clans worth it.

Nice vid haha.

After 2000 hours in MSpaint, here's my rough plan for the Dojo... Not very eloquent, but it has everything plus an elevator for future tiles.

http://i.imgur.com/kfxonIz.png

Edit:
Disregard that last image. After reading more of the wiki, apparently we need a separate Oracle room. I was thinking it was something you build, then upgrade into the labs... Whoops. We'll need the reactor to power everything, as well.

Here's the new design... More hallways... But it'll look nice!

Va20KAG.png

Feel free to make suggestions. It's our clan haha!

Flipyap

Here's the new design... More hallways... But it'll look nice!

dLRcyFr.png

Feel free to make suggestions. It's our clan haha!

That's a fine layout for a clan with resources to spare. We can't even afford a single hallway.
Least wasteful (yet still pie-in-the-sky) layout:

JKVHewH.png

(check out my sweet comic sanses, oh yeah, we're making art here, baby)

Yeah, that's probably a way smarter layout. Looks good to me! If only I won that lotto last week to buy all the Formas.

Cereal Vault, holy shit. I nearly died.

If I weren't a collector I'd skip the Frost Prime.

But man do I want that Latron Prime so bad. Latron has always been my favorite gun since the start! I've been thinking about dropping the 75 plat on the 5 void key bundle... But then I'd be spent.

@LAntConroy Yes. Yesss. And bring all your friends to the GAF clan!

Dreavus

I'm a Frost Prime magnet. Already bumped into three of them in the wild, complete with matching scythes.

(damn, this thing is grotesque)
(sharp knees)

Uhg, thing looks so much cooler in the little promo image we got.

I'd still make one, given the chance

Lucky lucky Flip. And you're only day 5 rewards, too... At 7 all I get is XP... If we ever manage to get 4 members online we need to use them keys ;)

Hope you like the game, Wilflare!

wilflare

Lucky lucky Flip. And you're only day 5 rewards, too... At 7 all I get is XP... If we ever manage to get 4 members online we need to use them keys ;)

Hope you like the game, Wilflare!

I hope so too... but I'm still waiting for the game to finish updating.
Steam was downloading it at 10MB/s but the game itself is updating... at @_@

I temporarily left the clan but will rejoin when I'm more active. I'm playing pretty casually and still trying to learn the game, and I didn't realize anyone in clan could join a 'private' match at any time. Kind of odd.

R1CHO

Shit is expensive to build... i only had 4k salvage. Will contribute in the future if i have time to play the game again.

Anyone from friends or clan can join when set on Private. Just keeps the randoms of the internet out. Set to solo for when you want to... solo.

I think the prices in materials are alright for building dojo stuff, but those fraking Formas, man. I think it's rather BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom